Executioners Scyte: Unblockable Pulses

in Necromancer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Hey guys!

I wanted to take the oppurtunity here to discuss about the #5 skill on reaper shroud: Executioners Scyte. Let me first note that this is not a crying post, but I would rather just see your opinions.

The part of this skill what I want to discuss is the Ice field it creates. This field will last for 5 seconds and applies 1.5s of chill (not sure if this is already affected by Cold Shoulder). However the problem I am personally stumbling upon is that the pulses are unblockable. In my opinion this should not be the case as it is now.

When we look at frozen ground, elementalist skill, we see that is has a 40s cooldown. The field also lasts for 5 seconds but applies 2 seconds of chill. This skill is unblockable, however it does not deal any form of damage. Executioners scyte however has a 30s cooldown, has a stun and burst damage but these can quite easily be negated. However reapers can also (will do most of the time in PvP) trait for damaging chill. Therefore it can still deal quite alot of damage.

Now my question for you: Do you think this ‘unblockable’ part is justified? As I’ve said beforehand in my opinion it’s not, but maybe you can enlighten me why it should.

Thank you in advance,
Fvux.

PS. I am asking you for your opinions about this fact, so don’t come raging please telling me “dodge”. I know how to dodge, I know how to battle reapers.

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Necromancer

Posted by: dost.4209

dost.4209

so your only problem is just 300-350 dot chill damage? I didnt get it really

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

TBH with the kittenload of blocks now I feel like its kinda necessary

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

It’s a very telegraphed skill, and the ice field can usually be avoided if you evade the initial strike. When I played reaper in pvp I seldom used the skill because it just never hit with that huge wind-up. Very easily interrupted if you’re out of stab. I think the ice field is fair because the skill is a very hard to hit one and usually does nothing for you. I feel sorry for anyone who does get hit by it though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Like the person above me said it’s a telegraphed skill, and pretty much every aoe field in the game is unblockable

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Necromancer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

so your only problem is just 300-350 dot chill damage? I didnt get it really

It is not just chill damage, it is chill in general, we all know it’s a very strong condition → 66% slower recharge and movement

However thank you all for your replies. As I’ve said, I was just curious about your opinions on it, not crying for nerf or whatever

Goodnight!:D

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

if it wasnt then engi and mes would be the most effected by it imo.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It creates combo field. Many combo fields in this game are unblockable and apply some condition (fire fields burning, poison fields poison etc.) and all ice combo fields like one Reaper has behave the same on other professions (Frost Trap, Frozen Ground, ice field from engi mortar) . The only change you could make is to RS#5 only spawn ice field if it hits something, though I don’t see it as a problem.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

chill damage is laughable, and the skill can and should be avoided easily by everyone that’s not being ccd already.

the ice field is what makes the skill worthy, as hitting somebody with it is almost impossible, at least you create some preassure on point.