(Delete Thread)

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: dubstax.9102

dubstax.9102

Q:

What are your expectations for April’s balance patch in regards to reaper? What do you think will get nerfed? What will get buffed?

(edited by dubstax.9102)

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

A:

I really wonder why people want to nerf deathly chill damage while the issue is not the damage but the uptime. Merely, the best solution would be to add damage on chill application instead of overtime. (this is something that they probably won’t do anyway but in my opinion that’s still the best solution out there)

Other than that, it’s best not think to big since there probably won’t be any big change done at all.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sinzaku.2980

Sinzaku.2980

Nerfing us like they always do

“Necromancer in Heart and Soul” ~ #8k Hours#Asura
-(EvE ~ EU)-

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Wow, what a wonderful and insightful comment! Its like the horizons have been opened in front of my eyes, allowing for new possibilities I’d never have imagined before! The whole community could benefit from such wonderful insights, we should tell everyone!

Fishsticks

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I guess nerf Deathly Chill and buff the other GM

M I L K B O I S

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Maybe a simple nerf on CD increase to due chill to make it in line with Alacrity. At HoT launch if you were affected by alacrity and chill simultaneously they were countering each other, it is not the case anymore.
Chill would still remain strong and accessible for necro but alacrity would help more against it.

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Krysard.1364

Maybe a simple nerf on CD increase to due chill to make it in line with Alacrity. At HoT launch if you were affected by alacrity and chill simultaneously they were countering each other, it is not the case anymore.
Chill would still remain strong and accessible for necro but alacrity would help more against it.

I dont think so. You can cleanse chill, while you cannot strip alacrity, so they arent exactly counterparts.

M I L K B O I S

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: maxinox.6283

maxinox.6283

Nerf chill damage, nerf chill application, nerf boon corruption.
This is the worst senario but also most likely…

Domina Sky / Ranger
Domin Undead / Necromancer
Jade Sea[FR]

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

We’ve been buffed consistently since June 23rd.

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

They will nerf it so people won’t get but+ hurt in PVP, then effectively make us useless in PVE at the same time.

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

They will nerf it so people won’t get but+ hurt in PVP, then effectively make us useless in PVE at the same time.

As a power reaper, I don’t think the traits I use in pve will be nerfed much if at all. So I think power reapers will be pretty safe.

And power reapers are pretty good in pve.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

nerf chill , buff fear and increase damage and some grand master traits buff

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

What I expect… Hummm… I expect that they will “balance” some skill/mechanism in a way that will affect PvP and be almost non-sensitive in PvE. (like always)

And if I were to imagine an april fool joke of a change, they would probably change the poison effect on putrid curse (3rd skill of the scepter’s auto attack chain) into a self inflicted condition.

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Nerf chill damage.

Nerf to Sigil of Hydromancy. Possibly disabled for spvp.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Probably reverts on deathly chill and scepter auto. Nothing big. Would be nice if they buffed wells and power nec slightly. The damage on wells feels pretty outdated in HoT tbh.

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I don’t think the chill damage will get a nerf because it’s just not that big. I think it’s the frequency it can be applied.

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Patrick.2987

Patrick.2987

We have been buffed since 23rd June? Last patch chill dmg was nerfed, pretty sure of that, blighters boon was nerfed before so not the case.

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

We have been buffed since 23rd June? Last patch chill dmg was nerfed, pretty sure of that, blighters boon was nerfed before so not the case.

Chill was nerfed less than it was buffed prior to the nerf. Used to do like half damage to targets with HP over 50%.

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I can’t predict what will be buffed or reworked – possibly some help to Power Necro, but no idea what will they choose.

As for nerfs – I could see nerf to Stability uptime on Reaper’s Shroud with Foot in the Grave being buffed to provide more of it.

I would gladly see Deathly Chill’s concept being reworked with simple idea I’ve been hammering on for years – instead of doing DoT damage by itself, it should punish frequent small condition clears when maybe not affecting full condi clears with one skill.

I think Plague Signet could use small nerf (CD to 35s?), but only if Condition Mesmer gets nerfed (at least CS+Moa), too.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: OanSur.4590

OanSur.4590

Making other weapons viable and bring some supportive power to the group.

Axe has the same attack type as the scepter (no projectile) so if scepter gets buffs, why axe wouldnt ? At least give us cleave on #2
Dagger worked best with autoattack spam, but since thieves got attack speed increase, its not even good as that. Add some condition to it or add some other bonus. Cleave on #2 should also serve as a good change, the rest of the skills with boon corruption/condi transfer look solid.
Staff need faster autoattack and marks need to pulse at least.
GS need auto-chain speed increase in exchange for shorter chill duration. Gravedigger need to be faster. make it instant and and reduce the cd by 50% when enemy hit is under 50%hp, instead of removing cd entirely.
Focus skills must be casted faster.

Traits: the broken ones
Spiteful spirit – No idea how to make this trait work to be honest. Complete redesign is needed.
Chilling darkness – remove icd. How many blinds do we have anyway? Never used shadow fiend, dagger #4 on 18s cd, crappy well on 50s cd, and Nightfall, which pulses every 2s.
Beyond the veil – grant protection to party members
Furious demise – same a above.
Transfusion – this is part of the blood magic line. Line designed for healing WHILE IN SHROUD, thus this trait should work that way.
Dhuumfire – Here i will post my wet dream. Let it proc on critical hits. EVERY critical hit. Both inside and outside of shroud (okay maybe that one went too far).
Soul eater. Siphon health with all gs skills, not just gravedigger.
Death embrace – remove health treshold, increase damage to foes with vulnerability.
Deadly strength – increase power based on your toughness for all party members.
Skills:
Lower cooldowns on wells of power and darkness. At least by 10s.
Plague signet – swap with unholy martyr trait (WHY IS GM TRAIT WEAKER THAN STUPID SIGNET ANYWAY?)

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zerthi.5493

Zerthi.5493

Making other weapons viable and bring some supportive power to the group.

Axe has the same attack type as the scepter (no projectile) so if scepter gets buffs, why axe wouldnt ? At least give us cleave on #2
Dagger worked best with autoattack spam, but since thieves got attack speed increase, its not even good as that. Add some condition to it or add some other bonus. Cleave on #2 should also serve as a good change, the rest of the skills with boon corruption/condi transfer look solid.
Staff need faster autoattack and marks need to pulse at least.
GS need auto-chain speed increase in exchange for shorter chill duration. Gravedigger need to be faster. make it instant and and reduce the cd by 50% when enemy hit is under 50%hp, instead of removing cd entirely.
Focus skills must be casted faster.

Traits: the broken ones
Spiteful spirit – No idea how to make this trait work to be honest. Complete redesign is needed.
Chilling darkness – remove icd. How many blinds do we have anyway? Never used shadow fiend, dagger #4 on 18s cd, crappy well on 50s cd, and Nightfall, which pulses every 2s.
Beyond the veil – grant protection to party members
Furious demise – same a above.
Transfusion – this is part of the blood magic line. Line designed for healing WHILE IN SHROUD, thus this trait should work that way.
Dhuumfire – Here i will post my wet dream. Let it proc on critical hits. EVERY critical hit. Both inside and outside of shroud (okay maybe that one went too far).
Soul eater. Siphon health with all gs skills, not just gravedigger.
Death embrace – remove health treshold, increase damage to foes with vulnerability.
Deadly strength – increase power based on your toughness for all party members.
Skills:
Lower cooldowns on wells of power and darkness. At least by 10s.
Plague signet – swap with unholy martyr trait (WHY IS GM TRAIT WEAKER THAN STUPID SIGNET ANYWAY?)

You forgot about alt+f4 skill. Doesnt quit game, instead make You Godly.

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Nerfs
Shortened chill durations
Reduced damage mitigation for Shambling Horrors
Reduced minion toughness

Buffs
Fix skill FAQs

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

Fingers crossed for something getting done to axe

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Krysard.1364

Fingers crossed for something getting done to axe

Nerfed 4Head

M I L K B O I S

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: cyst.3108

cyst.3108

Guys stop being noon and stop saying that chill damage should be nerfed… it’s less damage than 2 stacks of bleed, also if someone chilled your target first it deals 0 damage. A Grand Master trait that deals less damage than on swap sigil (geomancy) or on critical aplication (earth) is a dual shame. From devs and people that say it’s too much damage. I just use it when I need those 2 stacks of bleed. It’s not like the terror damage (back then terror damage dealt a good chunk of raw damage)

So please…. stop it

After June 25 im like… 90% happier

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Probably gonna official try to kill old specs by nerfing perplex dire condi necro I’m not buying hot on my second account, anet….you can’t stop me! I’ll continue to nuke your fancy new classes and get rage whispers!!!

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

I think it’s gonna be a mix of buffs and slight nerfs tbh. On the one hand, Necros have a lot of boon corrupting now. This was done deliberately – they added it on Enfeebling Blood and Weakening Shroud, dagger #3 and all the other stuff, so it was deliberate. Anet isn’t really well known for reverting changes (from what I’ve seen) so I doubt condi corrupts themselves will be removed, especially since HoT is full of boon spamming all over the place, so something is needed to keep them in check. I COULD see some damage nerfs in terms of the durations of condis on certain skills or the amount of stacks certain skills apply (for example, Enfeebling Blood could be reduced to 1 stack because if it corrupts certain boons, it can cause 3 confusion, 2 bleeds, poison, etc, which is pretty strong).

But tbh, I think Necros are nasty, but they’re not THAT over the top. They’re really, really not as broken as condi revenants were and bunker mesmers. Personally, I’m not expecting any game-breaking nerf… A nerf might hit us, and if it does, at least all the people playing it for the sake of “overpowered” will be done >:)
… and I can see buffs to some of the unused weapons or traits

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Unyielding Blast – damage no longer decreases with distance, add 1 might along with vulnerability.

Fear of death – decrease CD for all fears by 15 per cent

Unholy martyr – reduce CD on condition transfer from 3 sec to 2 sec

Shrouded Removal – increase conditions removed from 1 to 2

Reaper’s protection – reduce CD from 60 sec to 30

Furious demise – increase fury duration to 10 sec

Rending shroud – increase radius for vulnerability application from 360 to 600

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Krysard.1364

Guys stop being noon and stop saying that chill damage should be nerfed… it’s less damage than 2 stacks of bleed, also if someone chilled your target first it deals 0 damage. A Grand Master trait that deals less damage than on swap sigil (geomancy) or on critical aplication (earth) is a dual shame. From devs and people that say it’s too much damage. I just use it when I need those 2 stacks of bleed. It’s not like the terror damage (back then terror damage dealt a good chunk of raw damage)

So please…. stop it

U talking about PvE right?

M I L K B O I S

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Screwing PvE over for PvP & WvW what else? Seriously that’s been happening since day 1 and without separating PvE out it will remain the same thing every balance change.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Krysard.1364

Screwing PvE over for PvP & WvW what else? Seriously that’s been happening since day 1 and without separating PvE out it will remain the same thing every balance change.

Thats why Anet will prob up power based GMs, cause they are bad compared to the DoT counter-part most of the time

M I L K B O I S

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

Thats why Anet will prob up power based GMs, cause they are bad compared to the DoT counter-part most of the time

Giving more power damage to the necromancer would be an arguably bad solution. The necromancer do not need more power damage. Beside, deathly chill do not strictly compete with any trait that focus on power damage. Although outside of Close to death which is an okay trait is there really any other strictly power based GM trait on the necromancer?

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Giving more power damage to the necromancer would be an arguably bad solution. The necromancer do not need more power damage. Beside, deathly chill do not strictly compete with any trait that focus on power damage. Although outside of Close to death which is an okay trait is there really any other strictly power based GM trait on the necromancer?

PvE is way more friendly to Necromancer than it was the first two years; waaaaaaaayyyy more. Just relax. Necromancer is no longer a completely useless pariah played by insane, masochistic die hards.

It is actually reasonably decent.

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

Probably some shroud buffs. Chill was nerfed immediately after Reaper announcement pre-HoT and since we have been constantly nerfed either directly or thru buffs for other classes with Deathly Chill nerf being the last I believe. We seem to be at a good place right now, only seem OP due to too many others not knowing their class or having become dependent upon zerg running.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Krysard.1364

Im not talking about own decisions/what I think its better, Im just saying what imo Anet is prob going to do with nec

M I L K B O I S

(Delete Thread)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Greatsword and axe get deleted from pvp to not confuse new players.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/