Favorite runes for Valkyrie armor?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I just changed an armor set to Valkyrie and have been reviewing which runes work best for it.

Assume, please, that I will adjust trinkets to have some precision.

Please tell me your favorite runes to match Valkyrie armor on a power build. I have some in mind but would like to hear about a variety of opinions or, maybe, options I had not thought of.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

there is only 1 option.
wurm runes.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

I use wurm as well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Scholar.. with valk it’s easy to keep up high health

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I have Scholar on a zerker set but had not thought of putting it on a Valkryrie set; good point, HardRider.

Wurm runes are on order and I had also been considering Exuberance that I already have.

Are there other good options?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NightAngel.5730

NightAngel.5730

I run a mix of valk/zerker armor and trinkets with strength runes. Although they may be a bit pricey to buy for some people.

Henge of Denravi → Brethren Guild [PAIN]
-Icarus the Risen (Necro), Icarus Blightwing (Guard), Icarus Shroudblade (Rev)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

As far as i minmaxed in value, for wvw its a clear battle of durability vs pack. Durability has better effect especially if i compensate on other armors, but for your case with lots of valkyre, id take pack.

For pve, its scholar vs strength vs wurm.
Strength is expensive but consistent. Id take if i dont mind the money loss and if you often solo open world pve or if you pug dungeon/low fractals.
Wurm is okay, thematic and cheap. Id take it if im a casual – itll give you most fun and for lowest price. Dps wise, you get about +5% overall dmg boost from ferocity bonus which equals the power loss.
Scholar. Id give an example here. Vale Guardian.
-1st phase, target dumy phase
-2nd phase, medium hard, but can be cheezed with counterclock movement
3rd phase… the actual make or break
It doesnt matter if I get 1st phase done in record time, if the comp falls apart and always wipes at 3rd. It is at the latter phases where the fights are more chaotic and everyone loses their +10% bonus at the most crucial part.
Interestingly – the high health pool gives you a nice 3.000 hp of space to manuever. So a valkyre necro might have one the best uptimes on it.

TLDR
Strenght = ez mode but rich
Wurm = extra ez mode + free
Scholar = tryhard mode

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: NightAngel.5730

NightAngel.5730

I just run a build almost identical to Holts’ reaper. Strength runes give tons of might stacks for blighter’s boon, which gives me some nice sustain and dmg at the same time. I basically run the same build in all game modes lol.

Henge of Denravi → Brethren Guild [PAIN]
-Icarus the Risen (Necro), Icarus Blightwing (Guard), Icarus Shroudblade (Rev)