February 22, 2017 Changes / Feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

On the bright side of things, both condi and power specs have similar dps benchmarks now.

With or without epidemic bouncing?

Without.

Bouncing Epi would require you to run 2 Necros. A single Necro is enough of a detriment so one should never even bother to factor in Epi. Not to mention only one gets to ping it back to the boss.

That’s actually quite promising then. When Hot came out I ended up experimenting with cavalier gear and ended up finding that due to decimate defenses and sharpening stones Reapers could get extremely close to their berserker build damage while using significant amounts of cavalier gear, and actually gained damage by mixing Valkerie with berserker.

As a result, if there’s ever a fight that does enough damage that you actually do need some defense, power reaper will probably be good there.

Power reaper also has its hidden bonus. It’s damage goes through the roof when the enemy is under 50% HP, making it very back loaded. For fights where the mechanics get harder over time, it’s ideal since it trades off being lower damage in the early phases where things are easy in exchange for bringing the hard parts to a close faster.

(edited by Eponet.4829)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Meh, they buffed my build :/

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

to those who say power and condi dps is same – you are very wrong. special forces area doesn’t include your 250 condi dmg thorn rune bonus. and you can’t activate the new engi buff either. my power rotation without night/writ of str gave 27-28k dps. the condi rotation with gs and soul reaping gave me 28.5.
now add 400 condition damage to this 28.5 condi dps and you see how much the dps differs. it’s probably about 32k.

unfortunately, the main flaw of condition build is it relies on ice field, which will be overlapped by other fields.
whirling in fire field results in very short burn stack while ice field combo will only apply chill and the chill will apply your traited bleed, which is long and has 3 stacks. ice field is important. and its a shame really how the combo system works now. we should probably get some options to prioritize which fields our characters want to combo off.

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

the condi rotation with gs and soul reaping gave me 28.5.

Honestly, the GS should probably be dropped from that build. It will be dead weight when you can’t reliably do ice field finishers, not to mention how awkward it makes the entire rotation feel. In the pic I posted earlier I was using good old S/D + S/D in the new build. I just can’t picture condi GS working even remotely as well in raids with all the ethereal fields from chrono and fire fields from condi ranger etc.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

GS looks appealing now with nightfall buff in particular.

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

Honestly, the GS should probably be dropped from that build. It will be dead weight when you can’t reliably do ice field finishers, not to mention how awkward it makes the entire rotation feel. In the pic I posted earlier I was using good old S/D + S/D in the new build. I just can’t picture condi GS working even remotely as well in raids with all the ethereal fields from chrono and fire fields from condi ranger etc.

i dont think so. you still have a pulsing blinding (=chilling=bleeding) field, chill on pull, dhuumfire, fear. its not just about ice fields. but i’d say if you pug fractals, sometimes its just better to use old rota. the gs rota is better for decent party and for a boss. if you fight trash mobs, you might get kicked out of shroud very fast.

ps. the rotation doesn’t feel awkward. its actually pretty awesome and tight!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Okami.7049

Okami.7049

Um, and what’s the point of having the same weapons on both sets? Swapping doesn’t reset the CDs, so you’re essentially just playing with one set. Staff would make sense in the second set, but Scepter/Dagger in both? I don’t see any logic behind that.

~ Death Is Not The Greatest Loss In Life, The Greatest Loss Is What Dies Inside Us While We Live. ~

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

i dont think so. you still have a pulsing blinding (=chilling=bleeding) field, chill on pull, dhuumfire, fear. its not just about ice fields. but i’d say if you pug fractals, sometimes its just better to use old rota. the gs rota is better for decent party and for a boss. if you fight trash mobs, you might get kicked out of shroud very fast.

I haven’t been playing much lately so I’m out of the loop anyway, am I reading this right that there’s a condi build utilizing GS now?

@Okami: On swap sigils trigger, albeit that only requires having scepter in one set and the other weapon in the 2nd set

(edited by NovaanVerdiano.6174)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

@NovaanVerdiano It’s probably this video they refer to, getting 30.6 k DPS on average (with new engi buff) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xGFf92ZzS0

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

I haven’t been playing much lately so I’m out of the loop anyway, am I reading this right that there’s a condi build utilizing GS now?

@Okami: On swap sigils trigger, albeit that only requires having scepter in one set and the other weapon in the 2nd set

I see, though wouldn’t it make more sense to utilize a different weapon in the other set though? So you get the Swap effect, but that’s it isn’kitten You wouldn’t be able to use any skills. scratches head

~ Death Is Not The Greatest Loss In Life, The Greatest Loss Is What Dies Inside Us While We Live. ~

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

I see, though wouldn’t it make more sense to utilize a different weapon in the other set though? So you get the Swap effect, but that’s it isn’kitten You wouldn’t be able to use any skills. scratches head

If every other weapon than scepter is a dps decrease.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I think GS is still not in a good spot for pvp. The slow nature and the limited range are still its biggest problems. Giving GS3 more range (450 or 600) would have helped the weapon more then a damage increase.

But i think overall the buffs werent bad, they just are missing something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

Really happy with these buffs. Personally, I’ve really enjoyed zerker Reaper with all the shouts and was already using everything that got buffed anyway, but it feels substantially more consistent now. Hooray!

in Necromancer

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

I think GS is still not in a good spot for pvp. The slow nature and the limited range are still its biggest problems. Giving GS3 more range (450 or 600) would have helped the weapon more then a damage increase.

Power will always suck in spvp for Necros. It just will.

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

If every other weapon than scepter is a dps decrease.

It still makes little sense to me. So you swap weapons for a single Sigil effect, then you’re just stuck with your autos? Staff would’ve still made sense to me, because at least you’ve got punch-through with Staff autos (true it doesn’t apply Condis but you’re regenerating LF, if needed, and hitting multiple targets). I just personally don’t like the thought of being completely down/out of skills just for a Swap effect. Staff also has Chillblains and a Bleed/Heal you could spam while waiting for Scepter to come up again. I’ve just always made sure to be able to swap into another weapon while my other one was on CD, just my playstyle in the end.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

@NovaanVerdiano It’s probably this video they refer to, getting 30.6 k DPS on average (with new engi buff) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xGFf92ZzS0

Huh, interesting. Thanks for the link.

@Okami: It’s just that everything else would be lower DPS than scepter autos, so there’s no point in swapping off the set. Just because there are options doesn’t mean said options are good.

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

Huh, interesting. Thanks for the link.

@Okami: It’s just that everything else would be lower DPS than scepter autos, so there’s no point in swapping off the set. Just because there are options doesn’t mean said options are good.

Well personally, having options and using them is better than going around with no options. That’s just my viewpoint on it, so of course my view isn’t fact. But hey what works for you, works for you right? Nothing wrong with it, I was just curious is all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Feels terrible tbh. Maybe it just takes some getting used to. I doubt it, but who knows.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Power will always suck in spvp for Necros. It just will.

I dont think that power is that bad anymore. See http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Power_Boonstrip

That build doesnt run GS though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I did a little bit of open world PvE last night and felt Deathly Chill was actually worth building a hybrid Reaper for. Greatsword may be traitable into a hybrid weapon, again.

I plan to run berserker-scholar with Reaper’s Onslaught, tonight.

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

I did a little bit of open world PvE last night and felt Deathly Chill was actually worth building a hybrid Reaper for. Greatsword may be traitable into a hybrid weapon, again.

I plan to run berserker-scholar with Reaper’s Onslaught, tonight.

Just throwing in my worthless input. I’ve always ran Deathly Chill (granted I’m a Power Reaper but still). I also always ran Zerker (Zerkerie Trinkets cuz I like them) with Scholar Runes, no problems here and loving life (afterlife?). I do wonder how good Reaper’s Onslaught is now, though, so can’t wait to hear your opinion on it later tonight!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

To anyone with any rhythm gravedigger is so much faster

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

Really? I tried testing it, didn’t really see/notice a big difference (but then again that can easily just be me). Would you say it puts Gravedigger where it needs to be or could it be better?

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Really? I tried testing it, didn’t really see/notice a big difference (but then again that can easily just be me). Would you say it puts Gravedigger where it needs to be or could it be better?

Who knows. Just you cant hold the button you need to manually press it at the right time. You can start its animation before its animation fully ends now.

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

Who knows. Just you cant hold the button you need to manually press it at the right time. You can start its animation before its animation fully ends now.

THAT’S a real nice quality of life improvement. I always hated that hesitation at the end of every spin before the next one would wind up. Removing that hesitation alone makes the skill a lot better in my opinion, though I still need to find an enemy that does die after a single hit to fully test it on.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

the buffed my horribly ineffective build! But for some reason i cant see wells of blood at all anymore and i keep thinking im in enemy wells…… when they are mine

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

the buffed my horribly ineffective build! But for some reason i cant see wells of blood at all anymore and i keep thinking im in enemy wells…… when they are mine

Fun bug. Aoe rings are red when near foes. Makes WvW hella confusing.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Revert the wellsss

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Moxi.5861

Moxi.5861

First of all, I really liked to see some needed buffs for the reaper. Especially the greatsword which hasnt been great as a power weapon yet. Coming form a min/max perspective I really feel like only spamming gravedigger <50% isnt very satisfying. Since the patch I really gotta mash my gravedigger button so often to not start the auto attack chain because of the aftercast reduction. It just doesnt feel good to me. Gladly the Greatsword sees some use in the new condi reaper rotation, which by the way deals much more damage and is way more fun than the power reaper one. One the one hand im really glad that Anet sees that reaper is kinda underperforming in what it was supposed to be but on the other hand these werent the changes i was hoping for.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

“Coming form a min/max perspective I really feel like only spamming gravedigger <50% isnt very satisfying. Since the patch I really gotta mash my gravedigger button so often to not start the auto attack chain because of the aftercast reduction.”

Its because of cancelling the auto you can cast gravedigger faster than expected. Sure its mroe effort but its a an increase in how fast you can spam it.

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

“Coming form a min/max perspective I really feel like only spamming gravedigger <50% isnt very satisfying. Since the patch I really gotta mash my gravedigger button so often to not start the auto attack chain because of the aftercast reduction.”

Its because of cancelling the auto you can cast gravedigger faster than expected. Sure its mroe effort but its a an increase in how fast you can spam it.

Its always been best to use Gravedigger on cooldown, though its a bit of an art to time it so it comes off cooldown as your foe reaches 50% health.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Moxi.5861

Moxi.5861

Sure the reduction of the aftercast should be an dps increase but so far my numbers havent. this might be due to me not playing it perfectly correctly. But I am having some troubles to be able to cast wells or nightfall inbetween two grvavediggers. I just wanted to say the old gravedigger felt more fluid as the new one.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Its always been best to use Gravedigger on cooldown, though its a bit of an art to time it so it comes off cooldown as your foe reaches 50% health.

Think you missed the mark on this one. Even now using it on cooldown is better than before because of where the after cast reduction left the “end” of the animation.

it makes

I just wanted to say the old gravedigger felt more fluid as the new one.

True but once you get sued to it its super useful. Just have to learn where the “end” of the animation now is.

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Think you missed the mark on this one. Even now using it on cooldown is better than before because of where the after cast reduction left the “end” of the animation.

it makes

I just wanted to say the old gravedigger felt more fluid as the new one.

True but once you get sued to it its super useful. Just have to learn where the “end” of the animation now is.

I think we’re talking of 2 different things, and yes I misread what you first stated.

But on the topic of Gravedigger, they really should have shaved the cast time instead of aftercast.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

GS AAs and Gravedigger are still too insanely slow for PvP. The boon strip on #4 is nice, but something needs to be done about the rest of the weapon. #5 is nice but, but #3 and #2 feel too similar. One does damage and applies vulnerability and the other just does a ton of damage and takes a century to cast. What I think GS needs is first, slightly shorter cast times and/or aftercasts on AAs, and maybe a slight drop in Gravedigger damage and decreased cast time, so that the dps is the same, but it’s better in PvP. This will also help the GS trait which will do more damage with more Gravedigger hits (I think? Hopefully I’m not missing anything). Then, give #3 some additional utility because it’s still a pretty bad skill. The vulnerability is great with the crit trait, but that trait competes with the GS trait, so it seems counterproductive to have the two in the same tier. #5 could also use some more utility. Something team related would be great, like an effect on anything that was pulled that increases crit chance by x amount. Something. That was just a random idea to get the ball going.

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

GS3 should be a leap.

in Necromancer

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

GS3 should be a leap.

A dash with evade for 600m

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

Necro in my opinion could use something to deal with rangers/thieves and warriors since warriors and rangers in my opinion are overtuned.I feel like its a waste to fight back and its beyond frustrating.

I wish we had better tools to deal with warriors and rangers.Its fine if we are immobile as long as our cc works good enough to counter, and with the new buffs that overtune a few classes, i feel its not good enough.I’m doing what i was told by using the wurm to teleport away, and it isnt’ 100% effective and i get destroyed a lot.In fact:I feel like the cooldown could be lower to help us teleport away.In fact:I wish it were.It is enourmously helpfull in some situations.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

To me Death’s Spiral should be like Warrior’s Whirlwind Attack and Elementalist’s Fiery Whirl: Whirl Finisher, Evade and Mobility.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghostt.1293

Ghostt.1293

gonna play the dark knight on bdo until anet really fixes a decent role in raids for my main
maybe one day axe will do more damage then dagger/warhorn that i overused over 4 years.
or gs will be more enjoyable like on rangers and mesmers unique styles. until then daily logins and deep sighs.

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

GS3 should be a leap.

NO, a leap. I want to jump in dungeons like warriors to see nice views -.-

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

GS3 should be a leap.

NO, a leap. I want to jump in dungeons like warriors to see nice views -.-

Copy paste the savage leap animation for it. It actually works really well with Greatsword (not so secret JP has jump pads that simulate the animation).