in Necromancer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Simple feedback here:

Reaper Shroud has a 1s cd when used, before being able to turn to normal form.

This destroys Curses builds that used the trait to gain 5s of Fury.

This was one of the things that makes our profession mechanic more diverse. Please consider changing this to be like Death Shroud, which has no ICD, so that we may “flash” our Shroud for Fury.

Thanks!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

Agreed. There should not be an icd to leave shroud.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

sorry but i dont agree and death shroud needs this aswell imo. now you’re gonna hate me for that statement but in the heat of battle in pvp it can happen that you spam f1 to get into shroud when its off cd to prevent death or whatever and in a worst case scenario you pop in and out and die.
same reason why they added the 1s gcd to elite transforms.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

sorry but i dont agree and death shroud needs this aswell imo. now you’re gonna hate me for that statement but in the heat of battle in pvp it can happen that you spam f1 to get into shroud when its off cd to prevent death or whatever and in a worst case scenario you pop in and out and die.

0.5 or even 0.25 should cover that issue. 1s is way too long.

And they should buff the fury duration on that trait by +1 sec either way.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tyriark.7825

Tyriark.7825

Whichever way you would try to put it, that would be considered a L2P crutch.

Bad idea.

Stormbluff Isle
Xaiixmael – 80 Revenant
Tyriark – 80 Reaper, Xytrael – 80 Daredevil, Lythios – 80 Warrior

in Necromancer

Jekkt.6045

Whichever way you would try to put it, that would be considered a L2P crutch.

Bad idea.

it’s not a l2p crutch, it’s always possible that you have a stupid lagg at that moment

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

No it really is a l2p issue. Control your fingers. Dont blame it on lag.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

No it really is a l2p issue. Control your fingers. Dont blame it on lag.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

F1 Enter Shroud
F2 Exit Shroud

Problem solved.

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: apoidea.7095

apoidea.7095

Might have something to do with entering/exiting reaper shroud counting as a weapon swap, thereby proccing weapon swap sigils while having the 1sec gcd for weapon swaps.

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

@Jekkt

F1 Enter Shroud
F2 Exit Shroud

Problem solved.

Forgot to mention who I was responding to.

People who are smart enough to use their class mechanic for Fury, Stunbreaks, etc. shouldn’t be sacrificed so life is easier on people spamming F1.

in Necromancer

Jekkt.6045

got nothing to do with smart enough or not, especially when you play on a mechanical red switch keyboard it can happen that you press it too fast and it activates twice. every other (pvp) game i know of has a 1s cd on such toggles, even here the revenant upkeep skills have. it’s called failsafe because mistakes can always happen.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

0.5 or even 0.25 should cover that issue. 1s is way too long.

And they should buff the fury duration on that trait by +1 sec either way.

This.

It actually would be a nice change to have some fat-finger protection, but 1 second is excessive. Actually, the ideal would be to make this an option in the settings: put a minimum of .25 seconds on double-cast skills for people who have to deal with lag issues or just don’t want to have to be quite so careful. No reason we can’t accommodate both power users and more casual players.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

got nothing to do with smart enough or not, especially when you play on a mechanical red switch keyboard it can happen that you press it too fast and it activates twice. every other (pvp) game i know of has a 1s cd on such toggles, even here the revenant upkeep skills have. it’s called failsafe.

Improving your reading comprehension will help. I suggest F1 to enter Shroud and F2 to exit Shroud. This way people smart enough to use Shroud for instant effects and people who have double clicking problems both benefit. You dont want skilled players to lose out because of other people making mistakes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Another thing is that when you currently go into reaper shroud for the #3 stability, if you leave shroud you do not get the full duration. I feel one should get the full duration of pulses even if you flash shroud for the stab.

Säïnt

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

That’s definitely a l2p issue and they should not handicap flash builds to cater for this.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Might have something to do with entering/exiting reaper shroud counting as a weapon swap, thereby proccing weapon swap sigils while having the 1sec gcd for weapon swaps.

Nah the weapon swap sigils all have their own 9/10 sec internal cool down.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Simple feedback here:

Reaper Shroud has a 1s cd when used, before being able to turn to normal form.

This destroys Curses builds that used the trait to gain 5s of Fury.

This was one of the things that makes our profession mechanic more diverse. Please consider changing this to be like Death Shroud, which has no ICD, so that we may “flash” our Shroud for Fury.

Thanks!

I like the cooldown. makes it so we cant double click the hotkey by mistake.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

when you go to DS or RS you should be able to exit on weapon swap (with no cooldown). Then put 1 sec on DS and leave RS as is.

Sorry for my english.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Agree with OP, please remove the cd. I was trying to flash reaper shroud but couldn’t, it really messed me up as I’m used to flashing death shroud.

People who want this artificial c’block needs to just learn not to spam keys. Don’t create this artificial block mechanic for ppl that accidentally press it twice. Flashing shroud has been an optional mechanic to necros and should remain so.

in Necromancer

Kain Francois.4328

Shroud Flashing has been a thing since launch. Whether it was intended or not, it’s a part of the class identity that we have come to love. It furthermore adds depth to what is otherwise a simple f1 skill.

I really hope ANET takes note, and addresses this. We want to flash shroud!

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Remove cool down please.

Cherry Red MX keyboard user here, and I’m fine with flashing.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: elinos.7493

elinos.7493

When my shroud is about to come off its CD and I’m being focused on in a group/zerg fight with my health dropping like crazy, you can bet your kitten I’ll be spamming the shroud key, as a split second delay can mean the difference between life and death. Perhaps a 1 second CD is a bit excessive, but I’d much rather deal with this “inconvenience” and not being frustrated over those occasional times I just make a key press mistake (which is not an l2p issue, mistakes like that simply occur now and then even for the good players).

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Theres a really simple solution. Dont spam it. Press it once. If you have a delay, pressing it more than once wont make you enter shroud faster. Seriously its a learn to play issue.

I agree with the op. Please remove the 1 sec cool down on RS.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: elinos.7493

elinos.7493

I don’t have a delay. Please try to picture the situation in your head to try to comprehend it before you dismiss it. You want to enter DS as soon as possible. Aka as soon as your CD is up. There is no time to sit there and time it perfectly when you’re trying to survive. Sometimes in the heat of things that can cause you to press a key one too many times. Mechanical mistakes are not l2p issues, they happen for everyone. In varying frequencies perhaps, but everyone nonetheless.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Yeah im picturing it. And im thinking “just press it once”.

in Necromancer

Kain Francois.4328

Please keep this thread alive, so that the devs see this important feedback!

in Necromancer

Jekkt.6045

i dont believe this is important for anyone other than pve players

in Necromancer

Kain Francois.4328

Why is on-demand fury not important in PvP? If Reaper GS is supposed to be an executioner weapon, then it only makes sense.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

rending shroud
spiteful spirit
weakening shroud
foot in the grave
furious demise
shrouded removal
beyond the veil
life from death
unholy martyr
all of those traits benefit from flashing and only a couple benefit pve…

in Necromancer

Jekkt.6045

you dont flash shroud in pvp in a fight without using its skills, that would be beyond stupid. a 10s cd on shroud because you flashed it can mean certain death against a mesmer/thief combo or in a teamfight, people count cooldowns you know.

in Necromancer

Posted by: IronPhoenix.2045

IronPhoenix.2045

Y ofc when you got a lagg and insa get out of shroud after you got into it its l2p. Omg i have to stay 1 second in shroud 1 second is nothing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: IronPhoenix.2045

IronPhoenix.2045

Please keep this thread alive, so that the devs see this important feedback! :)

“Important feedback” its sooo important at the moment not that reaper needs a lot of fixes. And there has to be a cooldown otherwise it happens that you join shroud and get insta out again when you got a lagg or just where too fast. There was a reason why they added a cooldown on elite and on reaper shroud now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Szybki Szpil.7842

Szybki Szpil.7842

Control yourself and stop limiting other people’s options only because you are too lazy to get some skill.

Spoj++ for fighting for necros’ freedom

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Multiple times over the beta I experienced a bug, that I believe is related, where when I was trying to enter reaper shroud, nothing happened. I had to press it a second time to finally enter it.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

Control yourself and stop limiting other people’s options only because you are too lazy to get some skill.

Spoj++ for fighting for necros’ freedom

On the other side of things Unholy Sanctuary directly conflicts with the single button on/off use. Without a listed cooldown it’s hard to tell when Unholy Sanctuary will trigger, so sometimes you don’t expect it to trigger but it does right before your click F1. The result is a Shroud flash and you die.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Why would you care about fury when you can have 100% crit chance just from decimate defenses + target the weak?

If you plan to play the old dagger build where you would flash shroud for fury, you’d have zerker armor and decimate defenses with spite/blood/reaper traitlines and have 100% crit chance and have literally no reason to take curses.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Szybki Szpil.7842

Szybki Szpil.7842

On the other side of things Unholy Sanctuary directly conflicts with the single button on/off use. Without a listed cooldown it’s hard to tell when Unholy Sanctuary will trigger, so sometimes you don’t expect it to trigger but it does right before your click F1. The result is a Shroud flash and you die.

Then it’s a correct reaction from you. Bot trait should be changed. And I don’t buy it either, because you can anticipate more or less when the trait will trigger. It’s not like you get hit by a ghost for 20k. Putting a 1s cd is not the best solution to the problem.

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

Then it’s a correct reaction from you. Bot trait should be changed. And I don’t buy it either, because you can anticipate more or less when the trait will trigger. It’s not like you get hit by a ghost for 20k. Putting a 1s cd is not the best solution to the problem.

I already suggested F1 for entering Shroud and F2 for exiting. It appeases to both crowds and is a simple change. As for Unholy Sanctuary does the recharge decrease from Speed of Shadows or does it decrease by Vital Persistence? Can it reset before Shroud is recharged? Unless you can answer those specifically and give me quantities you can’t really anticipate when exactly it will work, except “the first time.” Also, 20k? I can come out of shroud, heal for 7k so I have about 8k health, then last for 10 seconds and have 1k health until my Shroud can be used, but then do I press it and risk double click or wait for it to trigger on it’s own?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Unholy Sanctuary’s auto-shroud proc is a 30 second cooldown. There is no way to increase or decrease this.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

If you hit F1 a second after Unholy sanctuary procs, then without unholy sanctuary proccing you would be on the ground and your death shroud wouldn’t go through anyways.

People complaining about US seem to think that if Unholy hadn’t triggered they would have just gone into DS totally fine. No. You would be dead.

If you’re having problems with flashing, you’re having L2P problems. It’s just that simple.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Galedeep.5496

Galedeep.5496

People complaining about US seem to think that if Unholy hadn’t triggered they would have just gone into DS totally fine. No. You would be dead.

If my health is low and DS is off CD I will use it. If there is a chance I can save US from going into CD which could save me later I will try it. When your HP gets low you DS, if your LF is low you disengage as best you can, drop DS and heal. I can then rely on US to save me when DS is on CD.
I am always going to try activate DS manually so US can save me when it’s needed. It’s unreliable nature can be fatal. Keep default shroud flashing at is now but keep the 1second lock if you trait US. Seems a fair trade-off

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

i think they should delete furious demise in general. its not a good trait and adds nothing to gameplay. i never liked the concept of flashing deathshroud and i think it should not exist.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: apoidea.7095

apoidea.7095

i think they should delete furious demise in general. its not a good trait and adds nothing to gameplay. i never liked the concept of flashing deathshroud and i think it should not exist.

Then necromancer would have no access to fury. Why are you opposed to this?

Flashing isn’t always focused only on furious demise. It also pertains to FitG, Beyond the Veil, and Life from Death. It’s a whole new playstyle that adds diversity to the class as a whole. Why do you think it adds nothing to gameplay when it has potential as a viable build?

“I don’t like it and I don’t think it should exist”…seems like this perspective is a bit narrowminded to me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

i think they should delete furious demise in general. its not a good trait and adds nothing to gameplay.

Fury adds nothing to gameplay? k…

Canceling Shroud in less than 1 second is absolutely valid in PvP if you want to absorb some damage and avoid losing additional life force to natural degeneration.

I can’t believe there’s a discussion about. There should absolutely not be a cooldown. If you can’t handle it: l2p, simple as that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

hey guys its like saying fiery greatsword should still exist because it added a whole new playstyle. its not healthy for the game as a mechanic. of course this is my opinion

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Piotr.3261

Piotr.3261

remove CD, it’s l2p issue… simple

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Death shroud “flashing” is something that needs to go.

It introduces hypothetical best case scenarios that are unrealistic in actual game play, and remove all of your defense. These hypothetical scenarios keep the class nerfed.

The introduction of reaper shroud counting as a weapon swap is a big deal. I’d hate to give that up for essentially nothing.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

If my health is low and DS is off CD I will use it. If there is a chance I can save US from going into CD which could save me later I will try it. When your HP gets low you DS, if your LF is low you disengage as best you can, drop DS and heal. I can then rely on US to save me when DS is on CD.
I am always going to try activate DS manually so US can save me when it’s needed. It’s unreliable nature can be fatal. Keep default shroud flashing at is now but keep the 1second lock if you trait US. Seems a fair trade-off

It’s not unreliable at all. The only case where you end up flashing DS and dying is if you manually hit F1 too late. Hit it at the correct time and no problem. There’s nothing unreliable here but your fingers, and it’s not a problem everybody has. Alot of the time I see US pop and need to immediately hit doom and drop to heal while my opponent is feared. Adding a cd to DS exit is literally just removing options because you can’t handle them.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in Necromancer

Kain Francois.4328

One of the biggest balancing issues at the moment, is that without access to Fury from Curses when speccing Reaper, we are forced to take Decimate Defenses to compensate, or we lose our crit rate.