Feeling down about Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: AzzaCin.3691

AzzaCin.3691

My first character that I used during the betas was a Necromancer, my first character that I made during launch was a Necro. I didn’t play past lvl 10 or 15 in the beta due to me not wanting to get spoiled before game launch so I didn’t see the problems that I do today on my Necro that is almost level 40. At this time I feel so weak, against regular mobs it takes a while to kill them.

Please re-ignite my love for Necromancers. I really want to play them but all these posts are negative and just made me rage quit the class until the bug fixes. But even after they get fixed I feel this mentality will continue.

I do plan to PvE as well as PvP.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

I am an altoholic and love my Necro the most. It comes to life if you can play with one or more friends or in a group (WvW??)

in Necromancer

Posted by: instantcoffee.1785

instantcoffee.1785

Yeah what he said they’re a lot of fun when you’re being carried.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khairos.3890

Khairos.3890

I’ve tried out every class in the game, and I have had the most fun with Necromancer.

I love Death Shroud combat, bursting in a group with Life Transfer is a blast, you can output damage while still having plenty of survivability whereas some other classes have to choose one or the other, and I’ve never had a problem fighting Thieves like every other class (Notice the complaint against Thieves everywhere!).

I just find it ranking high on the fun factor, in my opinion. If you don’t like minions or conditions, try power.

Helia – Stormbluff Isle – [MORD]

in Necromancer

Posted by: instantcoffee.1785

instantcoffee.1785

The class being fun is the only reason anyone plays it at all, if it wasn’t fun, and was this broken… lol.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

Have to agree. It’s totally fun but I feel pretty useless in just about every dungeon I’ve done.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Valen.3649

Valen.3649

Have to agree. It’s totally fun but I feel pretty useless in just about every dungeon I’ve done.

If that is true for you, you are doing something wrong. The dammage a condtioner does is Insane!! I am currently full exotic, always Pizza buffed and have undead runes with Rabid armor +weapon and Carrion jewelry. At my hights I dps for, hands down, 4-5k per second (2400 condition dammage for the win), which will even make warriors jelly, and have 21,5k hp and 1,4k thoughness while being ranged, making me almost always the last man standing in a party. Not to mention that i almost constantly cripple, weaken and poison the boss and any adds he spawns making them melt within seconds. Oh, and i have a crapload of utility via wells aswell and if necessary i can go for a straight 25 seconds of blind AOE, mitigating like 80-99% of the dammage on my party.

If that is still useless for you, well, then I’m useless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Altair.6109

Altair.6109

The only viable build in pve would be condition necro, in spvp it would condition necro, and in tpvp it would be bunker necro.
Any other builds would seem to be weaker compare to other classes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

Necromancers are viable, sometimes infuriating if you rely on the pets but certainly not useless. That flesh golem, really…someone needs to extract it’s AI chip, turn it around and stick it back in again. It does the exact opposite of what you’d want it to…attacks things when you want to run somewhere in a hurry and stands around watching when you’re fighting.
Apart from that, I’ve had fun with mine.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Powermancer are incredible in WvW.

Really, I have a lot of fun with them. I used to play a crazy burst engineer, and thought necro were underpowered hwen using a power spec.

But once you start to learn the necro, you will do a lot of damage. Not in a burst form, but in a constant damage form.

What you lack in burst, you get it back into DS form. Seriously, people are kitten all over it, but this ability is amazing. And since in most powermancer build you have to traits in DS, it ever better.

And our elite, man my engineer elite were bad. But using Lich Form in WvW is awesome, well in small scale battle (in large battle you get focused a lot in lich). Just auto hit for 3-5k damage really fast. It’s a crazy elite skill.

I don’t even have good gear yet (about 6 berserk part without good rune), but I love the necro in WvW.

Don’t give up, you’ll learn to love it.

And by the way, necro in PvE are awesome too!

Have a nice day!

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]