Finally Dagger #2

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

They have finally decided to increase the healing on dagger #2. A couple months ago I made a thread asking for this in the profession balance section and I got raged at and was rudely shutdown by so called “necromancer players” (hint: I don’t think they played necro because they said dagger #2 was fine as is but its healing was terrible and half of it gets dodged)

Moral of the story: There are so many people in the profession balance section who will tell you they play the class but they really don’t. So keep on making threads about how we can help the necromancer!!! (We should push for arena net to make dagger #2 siphon the same way Death shroud #4 siphons)

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I really don’t think Life Siphon needs to work like Life Transfer, but I do appreciate the healing buff. In a way, it’s better to have the longer channel, because while it’s easier to avoid some of the skill, it’s harder to avoid all of it. In addition, boosting the healing as opposed to decreasing the cast time differentiates it more from the auto attack, giving the skill a strong purpose as a sustain skill instead of trying to be hybrid sustain/damage.

Also, with Bloodthirst, it will scale at 75.6% healing power, with a 3213 base heal. That’s really, really significant for a 12 second cooldown. Even without Bloodthirst, it will be 2677 base+ 63% healing power.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

So, lets say, I have 1000 healing power and bloodthirst. How much will it heal me for?

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Assuming you hit with all 9 pulses and aren’t poisoned for any of them, that’s 3969 health gained.

I’m a Geeleiver

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Kraljevo.2801

That’s awesome! I think a build with zealot gear could work really well after this change.

(Power Precision Healing)

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Its a bit more than that according to my math.

Current base heal 238 per tick, 2142 full channel
Current ratio 0.05 per tick, 0.45 full channel
With 1000 healing power, you get 2592, with Bloodthirst 3110

Changes are 25% increase to base, 75% increase to ratio
Changed base heal 298 per tick, 2682 full channel
Changed ratio 0.0875, 1.38 full channel
With 1000 healing power you get 4062, with Bloodthirst 4874

All numbers were taken from in game, because the wiki is wrong.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Kraljevo.2801

Ohmagerd!! Oh well, we will see when the patch hits. I hope they don’t change the ratio until then.

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Kraljevo.2801

What do you think about this?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNAodWjc00SbPN22whbinhS6IIAa2p2Aq/hZIGA-TlBEABcqPwT1fsb/BAeAAbpEEUlfkCQPhRA-w

For wvw roaming, that is. I’m bored of 6/2/0/0/6 glass cannon nuking.

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Well holy kitten , that would be like another heal! Thanks for doing the maths Bhawb.
But than, who in the right mind has 1000 healing power in their build these days?!?!? :/

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

power necros are going to think this will make them strong and go out there and try to do something only to see the same old same old hard cc to their face preventing them to pull off that kind of attack . once again we get nothing that actually helps !

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I have over 1400 in my MM build, lol. But Cleric would be just about the only time you’d see that much, and you can only afford that in MM. Normally you’ll probably see 3k, maybe 3.6k in a siphon build.

power necros are going to think this will make them strong and go out there and try to do something only to see the same old same old hard cc to their face preventing them to pull off that kind of attack . once again we get nothing that actually helps !

Nothing ANet does can help people who can’t play.

My PvP Minion Build

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

lorndarken.3702

I have over 1400 in my MM build, lol. But Cleric would be just about the only time you’d see that much, and you can only afford that in MM. Normally you’ll probably see 3k, maybe 3.6k in a siphon build.

Nothing ANet does can help people who can’t play.

no , anet does nothing for a class the way it should be played , seriously , necros are a caster class , not a melee dps class , not a tank either and i just find it funny that this change to necros is fooling people into the idea that it will help , now lets say if they changed the range on dagger to 900 or 1200 then i would say okay that is a step in the right direction . but forcing necros into combat melee range is not a good idea when you play a class that is not designed to do that in the first place ! if you want to play a class that does melee combat and be good at it , play a warrior , thief , guardian . other wise people are just going to curb stomp necros who try to do this . and how does this help out a group ? staff 1 okay that might help in some sense but dagger ? dont get me wrong , the life siphon should of been this way from the beginning but the range on dagger is still bad

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

If you think Necromancers are supposed to be some wussy cloth caster profession, then I think we’ve solved the problem right there.

My PvP Minion Build

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

lorndarken.3702

If you think Necromancers are supposed to be some wussy cloth caster profession, then I think we’ve solved the problem right there.

these are your words and not mine . do you realize what you just said .
think about what you just said and ask yourself , why are necro not on the top of the list for dungeons ? why are necros in wvw asked for their wells ? why are necros by design not asked to bring their dagger in pvp ?

i will let you ponder on that one for a bit while i go get some pop corn .

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Pick an argument darken

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

You’re confusing balance with theme. We aren’t used in the wvw frontlines because we can’t give ourselves stability and don’t have a CC-heavy weapon set like Guardians/Warriors; by that suggestion Thieves should be great for frontlines, because they are a melee heavy profession. Also range vs melee has nothing to do with dungeons, the highest DPS dungeon build is also a ranged cloth build.

Even in GW1 we were not solely a cloth-caster profession. It has translated into GW2 as well. Even Elementalist, which is the closest thing we have to “cloth caster” can just go D/D and laugh at your damage. The entire idea of a cloth caster at a profession level is completely null in GW2.

My PvP Minion Build

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

necros are a caster class , not a melee dps class , not a tank either
other wise people are just going to curb stomp necros who try to do this .

-knuckles-
alright, so you think these things while i do not. necro can be all 3 with a minion build and some people can pull it off with a zerk-ier setup.
proof: go to intothemists.com (dont try to make your own cuz your competence is in question) copy paste and play.
necro dagger auto hits really hard. speaking strictly from a mathematical standpoint, using meta builds on a medium armor golem in the heart of the mists and only autoattacking, on average it takes necro 7, warrior 12, and thief 6 seconds to kill the golem. now strictly speaking from a 1v1 situation, using soft cc when thief wants to spam heartseeker and dodging a warriors eviscerate will put you in a good spot.
proof: if you need it go get it.

why are necros by design not asked to bring their dagger in pvp ?

every powermancer build for pvp consists of mainhand dagger in one of the weapon sets.

`salute

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

What do you think about this?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNAodWjc00SbPN22whbinhS6IIAa2p2Aq/hZIGA-TlBEABcqPwT1fsb/BAeAAbpEEUlfkCQPhRA-w

For wvw roaming, that is. I’m bored of 6/2/0/0/6 glass cannon nuking.

One annoying thing is that Ascended Zealot’s rings, amulet, and trinkets don’t actually exist. You either have to go with Exotic quality or go with some other gear combination.

Other than that, I guess it could be okay. Bloodthirst is labelled as being worthless, but the trait itself isn’t bad. The issue with it is that the siphons all are worthless amounts, and 1.2* worthless is only slightly less worthless.

I’m a Geeleiver

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Err… did since when are Necromancers ranged exclusive? O.o

Iirc, there were things like Touch skills which the Necromancer had as well in GW1 – so purely talking about a design perspective, they were there…

Regardless, you got your ranged option… if you want to, you can play Staff/Scepter for Conditions or Staff/Axe (though Axe is underpeforming as compared to dagger) for Melee – even Lifeblast is ranged… You can even pick ground targetted wells for even more “Caster” goodness…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

its a brilliant change and definitely needed, imho all necro life stealing needs to get the same treatment!

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

lorndarken.3702

its a brilliant change and definitely needed, imho all necro life stealing needs to get the same treatment!

^

this right here ! also to add on a side note . i do have to question what benefit does a necro get by going in melee ? i have played powermancer in the past with zerker gear before the crit nerf and the “burst” damage a necro did would be okay but no where near that of a thief , warrior , guardian that could do it much better , also it left you extremely vulnerable when you would get hard cc and did not continue the same sustain . the only cloth wearing class i have ever played that did melee damage great is not even in this game but only in the original , valewalkers in daoc were cute but dervish in guild wars 1 had it down mastered . necros are no where near that of a dervish .

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

the only cloth wearing class i have ever played that did melee damage great ….

You do realize that “cloth” or light vs medium vs heavy is a meaningless distinction in gw2. Its only purpose is access to different armor skins.
As to the necro, for all I care they could be called the marshmallow-class wearing lingerie type armor. Yes, necro in this game plays differently than in other games, get over it.

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

well melee has the best burst potential, and often enough a necro has no other choice. i use dagger defensively on thieves and to burst someone down if they have below 50% hp. if you have protection on you and weakness on them, dodge their big attacks, then melee necro is possible. probably not full zerk tho.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

and judging by the last ready up we never ever will get anything inherently useful to help us… because now they think being a ping pong ball is part of the necro way

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

That’s awesome! I think a build with zealot gear could work really well after this change.

(Power Precision Healing)

I’ve been looking for zealots gear for months, simply cannot find any. I simply don’t have the gold to buy the components to craft it and it seems to me that the sprocket node would take a year of daily interaction in order to get enough to make a just one or two items.

I kinda wish I hadn’t sold the sprockets I found at the time, of course I didn’t have a necro then and couldn’t see any use of them for my other toons.

As for Dagger #2, I kinda would have liked to see siphon boosts across the board since ANet’s stubborn, blind, prideful, utterly baffling refusal to change class design philosophies, which sound good on paper but have been demonstrated to be flawed in practice(ranger pet, ele cooldowns, necro as attrition / no active defense) prevents any chance of necro getting active defences. Change of the Transfusion trait to include all life siphons or just dagger #2, might make us less unappealing to groups, too.

(edited by wolfyrik.2017)

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Thanks for the numbers.

I wonder if this will help bunkerish necro builds when you couple it with other healing attributes..oh well, let’s wait and see!

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Turns out, Bhawb’s numbers on the scaling are a little off. We discussed it on skype and after further testing, it appears the per-pulse scaling is currently .048. This means the post-patch scaling will be .084 per tick.

Total of 75.6% scaling without Bloodthirst, 90.72% with.

I brought it up after noticing the per pulse scaling increased by 5 from 0-100 healing power and from 100-200 healing power, but only by 4 from 200-300 healing power.

I’m a Geeleiver

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Might want to swap your runes for something else. When the runes are your sole source of Swiftness, you are losing quite a lot. Try Earth or Grove runes instead.

I’m a Geeleiver

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

This ability has always been great, to be honest. When chasing/kiting mid-range, as Thief/Mesmer tracker, block answer, healing off AI.

I suggested giving it 900 range, they buffed up the healing. Always a good thing, more emphasis on siphons and unique effects is always nice.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Finally Dagger #2

in Necromancer

lorndarken.3702

This ability has always been great, to be honest. When chasing/kiting mid-range, as Thief/Mesmer tracker, block answer, healing off AI.

I suggested giving it 900 range, they buffed up the healing. Always a good thing, more emphasis on siphons and unique effects is always nice.

i agree

on my topic " changes that would please " i suggested that dagger along side with scepter and axe should all share that 900 range in attack and one person on there thought it was a bad idea, he never gave a reason why so guess he could not come up with one to explain in detail on why he was against such an idea that i see would be a plus for necromancers . i mean if necromancers are a " attrition " based class , would not the whole point of being an attrition based class is to avoid damage as long as you can ?