Finally a Scepter Buff!

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

God bless your soul, Robert Gee.
Finally a buff on our condition weapon. Very well done!
And now reaper’s will have access to torment.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyth.3492

Nyth.3492

The new scepter looks kind of nice. But it’s the lingering curse change that has me thinking. Because if it’s just a flat nerf from 100% to 50% base duration, than the whole scepter change has been mostly for naught.
Auto attack would be practically equal with the trait. Scepter #2 would take a heavy hit in burst and dps. Scepter #3 is nice, but would only barely make up for that.

I hope that tuesday brings some clarification, and hopefully some more tweaks. Because just extending axe range is clearly not enough. And shifting the scepter auto attack to be more backloaded is nice, but also needs more context.

I’m quite glad with the change to Feast of Corruption though. The skill never made sense, as it was a power ability on a condition damage weapon. Hybrid weapons are OK, but that move just didn’t fit well. This change makes it a lot better though.

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Lynnie.7213

Yeah, feast of corruption got me all hyped! That is like insta 7 torment stacks.

D O N E E

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Without a change for scepter #2 this change could turn desastrous. I would not suggest more stacks or duration just a cooldown reduction. Speaking of cooldown reductions maybe it is time for a cooldown reduction for scepter in lingering curses.

EverythingOP

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Without a change for scepter #2 this change could turn desastrous. I would not suggest more stacks or duration just a cooldown reduction. Speaking of cooldown reductions maybe it is time for a cooldown reduction for scepter in lingering curses.

Why.

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Why.

Because it can result in a AoE dps loss around 486 assuming 25 stacks of might and vulnerabilty. The scepter #3 can turn the tide but it comes with an opportunity cost so I’m not sure about that. It also is single target so that doesn’t help. It’s not that condition necro is the best condition damage class in PvE.

EverythingOP

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Posted by: sendaf.8375

sendaf.8375

How is an additional bleed added to the auto attack change going to change anything? Scepter still won’t compete with burn stack. These changes are decent but not drastic enough to make scepter compete in PVP.

They can cut bleed duration without much effect. THe bleeds usually get cleared long before you hit a critical mass with them. Or you are burst down before you can complete an auto attack chain

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’d still like to see more reliable/better Life Force generation on it so it can compete with Dagger.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Feast of Corruption is awesome now, but scepter 2 is still sad, and offhand dagger is also pretty sad.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Feast of Corruption is awesome now, but scepter 2 is still sad, and offhand dagger is also pretty sad.

Geezus Christ people, don’t complain until we have seen everything they are going to change. I really doubt that those were the only Scepter changes, especially with halving the duration bonus from Lingering Curse. Maybe we’ll get some Torment on #2 aswell, it would make sense.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Geezus Christ people, don’t complain until we have seen everything they are going to change. I really doubt that those were the only Scepter changes, especially with halving the duration bonus from Lingering Curse. Maybe we’ll get some Torment on #2 aswell, it would make sense.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease lol. I’m hopeful that there are more things, but I will not silence myself until I see it.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Lynnie.7213

Man, we should get happy. We are finally getting the buffs we asked for so long. Finally a Dev who is actually hearing us. Be happy, peeps!
And yes, i don’t think those are the only changes to come on scepter.

D O N E E

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

The only 2 things I’m worried about are just how long does that torment last? And I’m not big on the lingering curses nerf but I can take it. Looks like I can dust off my old Condimancer set with nightmare runes again. Will need some tweaking again though.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

I’m not cheering yet. We’ll see when the full package has arrived ^^

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

How is an additional bleed added to the auto attack change going to change anything? Scepter still won’t compete with burn stack. These changes are decent but not drastic enough to make scepter compete in PVP.

They can cut bleed duration without much effect. THe bleeds usually get cleared long before you hit a critical mass with them. Or you are burst down before you can complete an auto attack chain

Just wait for more burning nerfs

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Deep inside, I expect some small Burning scalling re-balancing and buffs to Bleeding/Poison/Torment

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Deep inside, I expect some small Burning scalling re-balancing and buffs to Bleeding/Poison/Torment

yeah :/ Which leads again to the separation of pve and pvp skills…

Finally a Scepter Buff!

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

yeah :/ Which leads again to the separation of pve and pvp skills…

one can dream…