First Reaper nerf of the expansion!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

My main problem is the fact that we cannot get any healing from allies. I can understand that we cannot use our healing while in shrouds, but why would we gate allies healing?

If the death shroud is our own unique “invulnerability” time, why can’t we get healed in shroud while you can heal anyone who is using any other type of invulnerability.

We know necro is strong in 1v1 but bad in team fights. What is the reason for that? No scalable defense is one, and to some extent reaper fixes it. But the fact that we cannot receive heal, that regen does not proc, etc… that is another very important one.

With this trait, we finally had the possibility to receive support from allies. Yes it was too strong. But it could have had a cap like “cannot proc more than n times every 5s”. This way, it is strong but cannot go to far.

Also, it is not like if we had very much boon generation on our own. We have close to 0 boon generation except for the might from spite. Where is build diversity?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Also, it is not like if we had very much boon generation on our own. We have close to 0 boon generation except for the might from spite. Where is build diversity?

That’s a problem they should address. It would make Blighter’s Boon more interesting and give us some more build diversity. Allies being able to proc Blighter’s Boon didn’t give us build diversity.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arche.7326

Arche.7326

I’m not sure why this change was ever considered a good idea, sure our sustain was insane in Zergs (Why is this a problem? I want to nominate that for the worst argument in GW2, 2015. It looks like someone at Anet has some serious beef against the necro to me.) and in smaller group content we had very good sustain, but it always required a team effort(I wonder if any class has good sustain without team effort?).

On a more serious note I want you to consider the fact that Reaper wants to get up close and personal to deal damage and has no way of reliably evading damage other than dodges. To be able to do this and survive, the Reaper needs to be able to effectivly cycle through the resources Health and Life Force in order to sustain in a fight and in extension survive. Blighter’s Boon being triggered by allies boons was a necessity for this to work, with the new Blighter’s Boon our sustain from it is close to being literaly decimated in team content, while being better while solo.

It feels like whoever is in charge of balancing is looking of some things in a vacuum, while some are looked at in context. Blighter’s Boon seems sadly enough to have been looked at in context, while some things are seen as fine on their own and left as is, even if they are a lot stronger in groups.

Gee, thanks, you let the reaper out of the basement.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

It wasnt nerfed for pve/zerg reasons, thats filler argument

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I totally see why they made this change, but this sort of analysis and approach doesn’t seem to apply to other classes, which is what gets me the most. Not that I’ll ever stop playing Necro, it is just something I’ll never understand. It’s almost like, in a way, Necro is the only class they do care about, since it is broken down all thoroughly for balance where other classes are allowed to fester in their silliness.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Why do we have a grandmaster trait that requires a whole different specialization to actually do something relevant?

Also: If reaper is not having better sutain than druid/guard/ele in team fights then it has literally no purpose. It offers inferior teamsupport and less sustain especially while opponents are above 50% health.
Condition reaper is a straight downgrade compared to condition necromancer as its shroud is next to useless for condition builds. Chill damage would be a great trait for necromancer (instead of dhuumfire for instance) but you have to give up your single best skill (ds2).
if you compare condition or celestial builds reaper has to give up either:
bleed duration + bleeding on crit + weakness + condition transfer + boon corruption
or
might stacks + boon removal + boon corruption + signet recharge
or
unblockable marks + slower shroud degenation (sustain) + life force generation on marks + a stunbreak with protection + foot in the grave/dhuumfire/50% crit chance in shroud

regardless of which specialization you decide not to take you give up:
unblockable boon corruption and damage on shroud 2

What do you get in return? More chill, chill damage and reduced damage from chilled foes, which does not make up for the damage loss of shroud 2 + the losses from the other traitlines.
Power necro as in berserker or marauder is not even a build in pvp, it is simply awful and surpassed by any meta build.
Sure, the elite skills is nice but I don’t want to make my build much worse to get an elite skill that does not singlehandedly win fights.

Anyways, the change is good for solo play but I don’t think that more solo play is what guild wars 2 or necromancer need.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I think that’s pretty fair seeing how in just a few skills and weapon abilities you can pull about half Lf anyways. But that still doesn’t compare to Deathly Chill!!!

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

(edited by CodeHavoc.7926)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It wasnt nerfed for pve/zerg reasons, thats filler argument

Yep. I don’t even have blighter’s equipped, I’m just running some random garbage build I threw together of a mishmosh of soldier/berserker with only adept Reaper traiting, and I’m effectively immortal in zerging anyway. Blighter’s Boon was complete overkill, and absolutely worthless in these situations compared to the extra damage (and permanent RS with Vital Persistance) that Onslaught gives.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

it’s pretty funny how many different class forums think their class is uniquely dumped on by anet

in Necromancer

Posted by: shadowshark.7056

shadowshark.7056

I gotta say I actually found myself extremely liking this chance and fully taking advantage of it. I set my build so I can maximize my vulnerability stacks asap to be the sort of “team player” and also keeping wells and the new “buff(not really nerf)” to Blighter’s Boon. So now I have high survivability with my damage. Check out the test build here.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAodRn0ICt0g10AubC0biFcBbKL0EqCxZxvYYE6qFAaBA-TRyFABC8AAuTfzAHpABVnhKlgFp8jRVGCZ/BAOlCkCIitWA-e

Pretty much the idea is to use the greatsword to pull em all in one spot for the party and just pop a well throw out reapers touch and melee to your hearts content.

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

R.Gee,

At this point, the trait is badly designed.

Before it was linearly balanced scaling that mostly came from allies. Aka you cant be unkillable 1v1. so i ask:

First, whats wrong with being unkillable in teamfights?
Most can perma kite by themselves or if synergy is allowed, a rezzbot guard or plently tanks can also keep the fight going by healing each other, its why poeple outrotate it rather.

Second, the trait for us only work on 1 boon from 1 traitline. With other traitline being fixed beforehand.
Build diversity and spam1 playstyle comments?

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

I never lost the faith in Anet ruining the class again.

They put too much effort nerfing necros and nothing in buffing them, specially sub par traits and weapons.

in Necromancer

Posted by: shadowshark.7056

shadowshark.7056

I really don’t see an issue with reapers what so ever. The only thing the new “elite tree” did was increase our survivability with healing via shouts/boons and make necros a stronger condition based class. Which with the raid coming out when ever. is very much needed. The build I linked was merely a hint on how the new elite tree can be used to help assist the melee side of the spectrum with also trying to maximize the use of necros life siphon.

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

I guess necromancers need to live in their own instances apart from the rest of the game, not being able to support or receive support

I’m fairly confident that boons will still apply their effects to necromancers even if this trait is not equipped.

Does this mean we get Regeneration through Shroud?

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

Could have made it proc from allies on a select number of boon types, like protection, regen, ageis, etc.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drakonis.4579

Drakonis.4579

Oh, boy. I knew it was coming.

So, can we just get a rework on this trait then?

in Necromancer

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Christ people, you act like the end of the world just occurred. On top of that we got kitten near instant dev response to the change and can actually talk with him and you all go on temper tantrums. Way to chase the people that can help and adjust our class off.

Don’t worry not encompassing everyone in this thread there are a few constructive posters here… Lets keep that going and get things changed we need changed…

As for some good changes. Yeah regen in shroud would be absolutely amazing. We could also take a look at a push on Parasitic Contagion.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: redwolv.4751

redwolv.4751

I really don’t see an issue with reapers what so ever. The only thing the new “elite tree” did was increase our survivability with healing via shouts/boons and make necros a stronger condition based class. Which with the raid coming out when ever. is very much needed. The build I linked was merely a hint on how the new elite tree can be used to help assist the melee side of the spectrum with also trying to maximize the use of necros life siphon.

The issue is that bb gave us a way to finally heal through DS/RS. Entering shroud while at low health has always been a double edged sword, doing so might save your life but also you just missed a large heal coming from an ally ele. Then shroud runs out and now your still massively hurt but before someone can heal your or you can heal yourself you get killed. bb was a way for us to finally survive times like that, allowing allies to provide us healing through shroud via buffing us. Honestly an icd from ally boons or even something like “regen now heals through shroud”, anything other then a full cut would have been better.

Now let’s touch on you’re build. You wanted to " maximize my vulnerability stacks asap to be the sort of “team player” and also keeping wells and the new “buff(not really nerf)” to Blighter’s Boon. So now I have high survivability with my damage."

Maximize my vulnerability- you can do that with this build. I would change a few traits, like grabbing rending shroud. Sadly in party senerios, a five man no necro party can sustain 25 stacks, and come 10 man raiding, a dedicated vulnerability man will be pointless.

high suriviability, where is that? blood magic for the vampric wells and presence? the wells only leech life for you and the protection is negligible compared to guards or other classes. and you have traded out soul reaping, meaning a major debuff to your shroud functionality, specially the loss of death perception. you attempt to remedy this by adding berserker armor with a bit of cavalier which leaves your with small <20k hp pool and a smaller shroud pool also.

Your damage possibility is solid with high power and ferocity but that is what reaper is meant to bring to the table, a damage dealer. only issue is your strapping it to the frail light armor of a necro.

In conclusion the vulnerability would not be missed,

your glass cannon build could be traded for something like a shudders full, zerker, warrior. he would have the same hp pool, minus shroud, but would be able to benefit fully from team mates which could apply heals to him. better yet he could provide better team help via banners or phalanx strengh. he can even provide himself with sustain/life saving moments via skills like endure pain.

tl:dr
My point with all of this, reaper was a specialization that was advertised as being this deadly juggernaut who didn’t burst his enemy to death but was a slow and steady death, who was comfortable fighting more then one target as it just made his RS1 and shouts more powerful.
Now Anet has gutted the trait that made reaper into what they sold it to us as. All we have left is to go onslaught and fill the dps/zerker roll in their new “non-zerker meta” they have been pushing. As we can’t be a tanky class, and everyone is better for supporting.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

To provide some context on this change:

We felt that Blighter’s Boon was providing too much survivability, especially with the amount of boon output that Heralds and Tempests can provide. (This is especially true in WvW and large PvE Zergs). I did like the interaction this trait had with your allies, but boon application from allies is too broad of a category for us to reasonably balance in all modes of the game.

We considered a lot of other possibilities for this skill including adding an ICD, limiting the procs to specific boons, limiting the number of procs from allies, but the majority of these types of fixes ended up taking agency and control away from the reaper which we felt wasn’t optimal.

Ultimately we felt this change helped to make the trait more specific to some builds rather than the best trait in all situations.

EDIT: It seems like there is some confusion about the reasons behind the change. Even though I use PvE and WvW as an example, we think it’s providing too much in all areas of the game, PvP included.

then give us way more boon generation in other trait lines or give us a trait in rs/tone down self degeneration of shroud so we can make better builds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

I think a better middle ground would have been no ICD for self applied boons, but a ICD for incoming allied boons. I think removing the group synergy was a mistake especially for a class that already under performs in nearly every aspect of the game when compared to other classes. This allowed necro to be tanky in group situations where their lack of active defenses made them less tanky than other classes with strong active protection skills. It also fed into the current selfish necro aspect with the necro using boons even more for themselves and providing nothing to the party in the form of boons, now they continue to provide nothing, and are even more of a liability in a game the hinges on players supporting each other.

I mean who really cares if the necro became hard to kill in a massive zerg situation. I did dragons stand and champions or focus from elites can still down anyone in seconds, including a reaper with BB.

I expected knee jerk nerfs soon, but not for necro… the real irony is that necro got nerfed because other classes provide too much support in the form of boons meanwhile necro provides none.

(edited by hazenvirus.8154)

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Wow….not gonna lie, I am really really sad about this one…I liked the fact my friends and allies could heal me while I was shrouded, considering our only good source of boon generation is while we are in shroud anyways. sigh. so now we’re right back to square one again. I guess we can expect a nerf to decimate defenses soon as well.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kane.6549

Kane.6549

Going to agree here. Give regen through shroud, or I fail to see how this trait is still worthy of an elite spec.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Blighter’s Boon made losing Blood Magic tolerable. For most meta wellmancers / power necros, they had the standard Spite, Soul Reaping, Blood Magic (at least in WvW). When upgrading to Reaper, the natural spec to drop is Blood Magic for Reaper. Blighter’s Boon pretty much gave Reapers the sustain they had with Blood Magic, and it made them work better in a team based setting much like how Blood Magic did.

Now with this change it’s back to being starved of lifeforce under certain situations, and we lose a lot of sustain with this change. So it really isn’t worth it to take Blighter’s Boon now. Funny thing is Blighter’s Boon was the trait I automatically selected whenever I join a ZvZ or GvG group based combat. It just made sense. Now, not really anymore.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

So for posting again so soon, and no slight towards Gee, but I kinda find it funny that they looked at BB and said , “yep, this is ridiculous in team fights with all the boons being passively thrown around by the other classes, nerf.” I mean, ever think maybe the other classes shouldn’t be able to apply as many boons as they do?

And another thing….I think this might pretty much seal our fate on healing through shroud unfortunately. sigh. The more I think about it the more depressed I get with what this nerf means. I’m back to being a the +1 in any group, rather than the big monster if my team supports me. Ah well, will still have fun, scrapper is seeming more interesting at least…

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

It looks like you increased the healing a bit to compensate for the change, which makes sense, but perhaps more importantly, did you guys consider scaling the lifeforce generation up from 1% to 1.5% for example?

We did consider increasing the lifeforce gain, but some preliminary tests showed that you could generate a very large amount of lifeforce from only a few skills so we didn’t end up increasing it. If the trait ends up under-performing in the future that’s probably the first place we’ll look for improvements.

Too much life force regen? for what type of build? because if it is life force regen focus, those already can give a significant amount of life force quickly but the build will still have very many gaping holes in it that can only be compensated for by face tanking.

Wouldn’t you agree that if your armor is low the easier life force can regenerate to handle all the pressure you cant easily avoid the better? Or is there an assumption that Necros dont or shouldn’t use low armour builds?

High armour Reaper (e.g Cavalier) with vulnerability stacking for crit takes too many resource slots to pull off which leads to very many gaping holes in that build like condi clear ,high damage projectile defense, good life force regen and movement speed. Don’t you agree?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

[/quote]
sigh. The more I think about it the more depressed I get with what this nerf means. I’m back to being a the +1 in any group, rather than the big monster if my team supports me. Ah well, will still have fun, scrapper is seeming more interesting at least…
[/quote]

So let me get this straight one miniscule nerf and you are talking about quitting necro lol….try beserker then come back and tell me u still have complaints about reaper….they are going to nerf all the elite skills more until they are even in power with old builds…they basically said so when talking about beserker saying it was the closest to on par with where they wanted elite skills….by far the weakest of the elites it adds nothing to warriors…idk anyone outside pve who finds it at all useful

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in Necromancer

Posted by: NecroSummonsMors.7816

NecroSummonsMors.7816

Seriously you nerf a trait because other classes give too much boons? Maybe think of reducing the output of boons for the other classes? STOP THIS BOONS MADNESS ( yeah… Revenant/ele i’m looking at you).
Have you actually tried it in a team fight(PVP)? It’s a really strong trait but not op at all, ppl can just focus you and even if u have three eles/rev/guard buffing you go down anyway, while classes like engi, ele and war can cycle through invulnerability that actually make them immortal.
It was the only grandmaster trait worth of taking to actually have some sustain from allies and because reaper onslaught it’s not that great imo.
Now necros are forced to use spite basically in every build except MM(like we didn’t do it before hot…) because without it blighter boon is useless and the RS degen of life force is too much (imo).

Explain why can’t be done a cap in the number of procs per second of this trait (even in technical terms)? Maybe a full comprehension of the problem can lead to new a ideas…

Gee i belive in you =)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

Seriously you nerf a trait because other classes give too much boons? Maybe think of reducing the output of boons for the other classes? STOP THIS BOONS MADNESS ( yeah… Revenant/ele i’m looking at you).
Have you actually tried it in a team fight(PVP)? It’s a really strong trait but not op at all, ppl can just focus you and even if u have three eles/rev/guard buffing you go down anyway, while classes like engi, ele and war can cycle through invulnerability that actually make them immortal.
It was the only grandmaster trait worth of taking to actually have some sustain from allies and because reaper onslaught it’s not that great imo.
Now necros are forced to use spite basically in every build except MM(like we didn’t do it before hot…) because without it blighter boon is useless and the RS degen of life force is too much (imo).

Explain why can’t be done a cap in the number of procs per second of this trait (even in technical terms)? Maybe a full comprehension of the problem can lead to new a ideas…

Gee i belive in you =)

if people cant one shot you and drain shroud in a second then the universe isn’t balanced it seems, so we must make necros pointless again for the sake of humanity. but mesmers are fine leave them be because who doesn’t love slow spam combined with alacrity for 0 cooldowns you know….

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

I can understand this change, but hope it leads to more healing through shroud options coming from other players.

in Necromancer

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

We felt that Blighter’s Boon was providing too much survivability, especially with the amount of boon output that Heralds and Tempests can provide. (This is especially true in WvW and large PvE Zergs). I did like the interaction this trait had with your allies, but boon application from allies is too broad of a category for us to reasonably balance in all modes of the game.

We considered a lot of other possibilities for this skill including adding an ICD, limiting the procs to specific boons, limiting the number of procs from allies, but the majority of these types of fixes ended up taking agency and control away from the reaper which we felt wasn’t optimal.

Ultimately we felt this change helped to make the trait more specific to some builds rather than the best trait in all situations.

EDIT: It seems like there is some confusion about the reasons behind the change. Even though I use PvE and WvW as an example, we think it’s providing too much in all areas of the game, PvP included.

Sound logic behind this. But now would be the time to undo any negative change you have done to BB’s interaction with YAAW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

There isnt enough LF-Gen as a Reaper to compensate for this loss. Looking at some of the GM-Traits for the Elite Spez in other classes and compareing Reaper clearly is lack-luster now. And we lost one of the few things that actually made us benefit from even being in a group….

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

the gm chill trait is better

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Thats just beginning of nerfing everything into ground due to crybabies

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yakubyogami.7586

Yakubyogami.7586

I like to think I’m not stupid but, who knows, I may be. Please explain to me why Spite is needed to make Blighters Boon useful.

I say this because with my build and gear I end up with plenty of might, plus protection from 2 traits, and I don’t use Spite at all. I don’t pretend to know PvP that well but in PvE I’ve outlived everyone in every single group I have been in since HoT dropped (oftentimes being the sole survivor) and in WvW I don’t see this setup being bad at all.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRQQJAWRjM0Q3N2VDu1A7NWoGMpAwAYYF/BLhpQqYQN4SB-TxyCABOcEAA4BAQz+j6PHfBAsSJEK6ACTJ4QKR+S5hgaCY4QAAA-e

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

This doesn’t look like a nerf to me. More like a fix. And the increase healing is very welcome!

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

What hurts me more about this is that devs (not pointing at you specifically Robert) are still making us more selfish with every patch they make. This is bad design in a MULTIPLAYER game which is based on parties (now squads even) to achieve goals.
You can have some traits lines and skills that promotes selfishness for the cases you want them (roaming for example) but you can’t pigeonhole a whole class into it. Heck, even the first successful raid run had their reaper in a separate team for himself…. /facepalm

I want to play with my friends and if I’m in trouble and my friend is support he should be able to help me at any time. As others have said already, when I’m about to die and I’m in a group I don’t know if push the shroud button or hope that the support guy will take care of me. That’s ridiculous to be completely honest.

~ The light of a new day

in Necromancer

Posted by: Genesis.7693

Genesis.7693

This doesn’t look like a nerf to me. More like a fix. And the increase healing is very welcome!

Lol “doesn’t seem like a nerf*”. Yes removing the only way we could get support from allies as a necro while in shroud isn’t a nerf but a fix instead.

Necros have been asking for heals in shroud since release, we finally get it through this trait in a heavily gated way behind boons and its removed 5 days after the expansion launch. There wasn’t even substantial time for people to settle with it and immediately its considered “too strong.”

It was our only pseudo scaling defence and it was removed already. The entire point is its not just about this trait, its about what is in store for necros in the future and with this it just seems like necro will always be unable to be supported while in shroud.

Edelweíss – Necro Exclusive

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

How many boons can reaper consistently dish out Robert?

And what build(s)? Enlighten me.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Necromancer
Reaper—Blighter’s Boon: This trait now only procs for boons you apply to yourself. Increased healing level multiplier by 25%, increased healing attribute multiplier by 330%.

Blighter’s Boon now only triggers off of self-applied boons, but heals for significantly more. Seems fair to me, I think. A Herald or Warrior shouldn’t be instantly giving us full life force and healing forever.

I checked with both the Celestial Amulet as well as the Cleric Amulet, and both Healing Power values barely added any amount to the healing value of Blighter’s Boon. With 1200 Healing Power (Cleric Amulet), it’s a measly 200 health.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Necromancer

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

But right now without this trait Reaper is pretty much dead in WvW. Thanks AN

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Why is it that blighters boon was too strong but unrelenting assault on revenant will evade all attacks and hit me for 14k?

This is absolute kittening bullkitten.

I most certainly will not take blighters boon over deathly chill EVER. KEEP TELLING YOURSELF YOU MADE THEM EQUAL, NOPE, ONE IS STILL BETTER THAN THE OTHER. kitten.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Necromancer

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

Lol “doesn’t seem like a nerf*”. Yes removing the only way we could get support from allies as a necro while in shroud isn’t a nerf but a fix instead.

You are highly exaggerating. You are reducing support only to healing which is i am sorry plain wrong. You will of course profit from other boons allies give you.

This is a needed correction as BB was too strong before. Tbh. i expected a nerf already during the beta and i expected it with a lot more consequences than this.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

It do not work without other traits. :/
If Reaper was about self giving boon, a grandmaster trait synergising with this would be good. But that’s not the case.

Maybe merge Blighter’s Boon with Chilling Victory ?
Chilling Victory : 5s Might when hitting a chilled foe. ICD for the boon : 1s
So at least, even without Spite, there’ll be a way to benefit from Blighter’s Boon consistently.
The 25 Might cap preventing overpowering the trait when coupled with Spite.

As an other idea, with Chilling Victory removal, the trait slot could be filled with a benevolent trait. So you have the choice between selfish power and helping friends, instead of just taking the more effective trait for DPS. An example of benevolent trait:

Exorcism
You and nearby allies have reduced incoming condition duration.
-15% Incoming condition duration (9s)
Interval : 5s | Number of Targets : 5 | Radius 600 | Combat Only

An other way could be to change Warhorn #5 to give 1.5s speed every tick, so it could be used to trigger Blighter’s boon multiple times even without Spite.
So you could choose to use Spite or Warhorn to trigger the trait.
It add flexibility and untie Blighter’s Boon from Spite trait line.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Blighter’s boon was finally giving us life force at the start of a match, and a compensation for not receiving any party heals in shroud. It’s now all gone. Worse: it now forces us to take Spite if we want to benefit from a GM trait.

If BB isn’t reworked, I’m asking for 20-25% LF right on start. It has been long overdue.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MAN.9046

MAN.9046

this is why i didnt buy HoT heh, knew reaper was gonna be nerfed badly. GG though, only took 5 days to prove my point

RIP
FeelsBadMan

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

I hate this nerf. Necros again cannot receive any aid from teammates and now MUST rely on themselves. We’re trapped in our own little vaccum.

Fix: Move away from the idea of boons giving healing and this idea for blighter’s boon and create a different way of receiving support from allies.

Suggestion: Blighter’s Boon: Regeneration works through Shroud, Regeneration generates 3% life force ICD 5s.

I would take that in a heart beat.

Currently theres no reason to take it unless you’re spite. And even then its just meh, and I’d rather take the chill damage trait. Or onslaught if you like that more.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

You are highly exaggerating. You are reducing support only to healing which is i am sorry plain wrong. You will of course profit from other boons allies give you.

This is a needed correction as BB was too strong before. Tbh. i expected a nerf already during the beta and i expected it with a lot more consequences than this.

And yet by existing on a team with a druid we indirectly reduce their effectiveness. This was a perfectly fine trade for allies not being able to heal us in shroud.. back to being melted in team fights and this time it’s on a melee spec. Too many people still want to ‘focus the necromancer’.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

Ok, im going to salvage builds now.

Just as reminder,

We were solid mid tier with current standings, so again double revenants, druids (will get nerf so idc), dragonhunters and scrappers…i still think its a mistake, idk if necro even deserves a 5th spot anymore

And it was finally lifeforce at start, cmon

I think i will have to pretty much demand 50% lf when OOC, working same as reve energy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MAN.9046

MAN.9046

necro’s have been deanding that kitten for 3 years lol. with all due respect why do u think u will succeed :P

RIP
FeelsBadMan

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

You guys are overreacting.

They had to do this nerf because the mechanic could not be balanced since each game mode has different numbers of players. If you balance it for 5v5, it’s still broken in a WvW zerg where you can have 5x as many people buffing the reaper. If you make it balanced for zergs of 25+ people now it’s useless in every other game mode.

I’d be surprised if they nerf anything else on reaper. Nothing else has this issue.