Posted by: ruinous.1702

ruinous.1702

I just want what every class gets.
Evasion
Block
Healing skills that work
stability
VIGOR

An extra health bar is not a justification for the lack of any of these.

All our healing skills are badly designed. One is a minion that puts our skill on cooldown when someone farts AOE in it’s direction. The same goes for all minions.

We have a healing signet that that requires us to put ourselves in danger to help teammates and we get no reward for that risk. The passive basically doesn’t exist in the high burst of PVP.

Consume condition adds a condition to heal with a high cooldown and it’s only usable with the trait but that adds another condition. All conditions have this but they don’t offer anything better than other classes for the cost. The conditions don’t even synergize with how our class is supposed to be good at dealing with conditions. That isn’t a part of the class because every other class does it better.

So the non-existent condition control also doesn’t make up for the lack of other defenses.

We get no vigor. Really? Every class gets access to every boon. What did we get instead? We get to be a heavy training golem.

We get one trait that adds one stack of stability but we can’t use our utilities when we have it. We can’t use it to help heal. Bad design. In fact it doesn’t last long enough to use any skill, even our deathshroud skills. I’ve played enough games to watch every class have stability up at least have of the time.

We don’t get a block anywhere. Why? Classes burst out so much damage so quickly that I can barely cast shroud 1 before my shroud is gone. Face it, shroud doesn’t work.

I think the biggest rule of game design is that if it doesn’t work, you scrap it. But I see veteran designers make the same mistake all the time in these games. There’s always one class that the designers seem to act differently with. You know how to fix it.

You’ve had five years. Reaper isn’t a fix. It doesn’t fix the real problems of the class. Scourge is going to be worse.

Before Guild Wars 2 launch, all classes had energy costs and cooldowns for their skills but you removed it because you knew it was redundant. Now you are adding that cost back in for Necromancer. You are actually taking this class back in time.

You won’t fix lifeforce generation on a class that has no stability to allow it to generate lifeforce and you won’t even change deathshroud. You know there are ways to fix it but for some reason you feel the need to keep something that doesn’t work and for that weird reason you add another weird reason that keeps Necromancer from having actual defense. It’s also weird that for all the deliberate drawbacks it has, like self bleeding you didn’t really add anything in for it to have a reason for the drawbacks. It’s like you added the risk and forgot to add the reward.

How is this possible after 5 years? I have to ask this again because game companies seem to repeat it over and over and never learn from their mistakes. (nerf to Necro energy generation in Guild Wars 1)

How is this possible after 5 years!? 5 Years of countless feedback and players trying to help. How is it that game devs can look at one class and think, “it needs to work,” then look at another class and think, “we shouldn’t do that it would be to OP,” while the changes aren’t more OP than other classes?

It happens over and over again in these types of games. Is it some weird coincidence? Is there a purpose to it?

5 years.

Five Years Really?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warrost.4895

Warrost.4895

Arenanet abandoned the forums.
They don’t read or care about feedback of the playerbase.
There are so many aspects of gw2, broken since day one, and major employees are not aware of them, even though players reporting them for nearly half a decade.
You have to live with it, like you already do since five years.
GW2 has the worst community management I ever saw.

Five Years Really?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

How is this possible after 5 years!? 5 Years of countless feedback and players trying to help. How is it that game devs can look at one class and think, “it needs to work,” then look at another class and think, “we shouldn’t do that it would be to OP,” while the changes aren’t more OP than other classes?

Because they have their vision that they are following? Their vision and path isn’t going to align with what everyone wants, it might not even align with the majority. It doesn’t have to.

Five Years Really?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Think on the bright side, we finally get to do a regular amount of damage with scourge so every single pvp player will complain that they died to us and we get a nerf to lose that damage and then have no survivability !!

The bright side is you’ll maybe get to have a little fun before other players cry the balanced class is op

Five Years Really?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I agree with OP 100%. Lack of all the active defense is what makes my gameplay unbearable. I like to solo dungeons/bosses but what if there is an attack 1shotting and appearing quite consistently? I only have 2 dodges. I can’t negate a 1shot in any other way. Other classes can chain evade/block on low cooldowns.

Five Years Really?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Scourge has some of the best vigor uptime though. It’s not even tied to a trait or anything, you just use one of the three abilities you have that bleed yourself and then hit F2.

Five Years Really?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Why would someone play a class that has been “lacking active defenses” for 5 years and then complain that it still lacks them. Maybe reroll?

Perhaps, just perhaps necromancer is still heavily used in WvW/PvP despite it’s “lack of active defenses” because what it brings to the table compensates for it in other ways.

Five Years Really?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well… What I still wonder after 5 years is, “Why poison fields and dark fields still don’t have a specific aura tied down to the leap combo finisher?”

I mean, such fields are an obvious part of the necromancer, so why are those 2 fields so bland in their effects with combo finishers? Why are they the only 2 without aura?

It would open a lot of possibilities for the necromancer to add those 2 aura in game, yet… nothing. Poison aura would have a great synergy with death magic and the shroud mechanism without a doubt. Dark aura wouldn’t be thematically wrong either.

Wouldn’t it be great if soul comprehension changed to a trait that just grant us 1% life when hit under the effect of an aura. God forbid so much teamplay on the necromancer…

I can’t even understand how the necromancer can be left out of the aura mechanism while he is obviously the one which could make the best of this mechanism.

The same goes for retaliation, we are litterally designed to take the hits that are directed at us, why the heck do we have so few access to that?

We have the very best mechanism to take advantage of being hitten yet, we are litterally thrown out of this option and striped of all mean to use it. Some would say that we got signet of vampirism, but god!!!! What a waste! We could be so much better at aura than the elementalist.

Logically, I can’t understand that throught it’s genesis, a profession that use an extra hp mechanism just looked down at the things that take advantage of such a mechanism and said : “Oh? Aura? That’s a cheap mechanism, I’d never use this! Hell I’ll be strong and only use field which make sure that I won’t have to deal with such a cheap mechanism even inadvertently”.

At the same time, you got the tempest with it’s low health pool that fart auras like crazy and even specialize in them… What the hell is wrong in the mind of the elders that scrapped the profession together?

This is such a flaw in design for the necromancer, the focus that the professions put on mechanism are so illogical, it’s infuriating.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Five Years Really?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

All our healing skills are badly designed.

They are well designed, just that unlike most other professions they require you to help them do their job, instead of warrior’s “healing signet slotted? Done!”.
Necro has some amazing synergies in his kit and traitlines, healing skills being no exception.

Blood Fiend – position yourself better, use it before Aoe kills it.
Consume conditions – foot in the grave + shroud flash or cc the enemy before you pop it.
Signet of Vampirsm – trait it with signets of suffering. Use Signet of the Locus active or Life Siphon as replacement sources of burst heal.

We get no vigor. Really? Every class gets access to every boon. What did we get instead? We get to be a heavy training golem.

I’m much more baffled with having nearly 0 retalliation on the only class that’s supposed to facetank it’s damage by design.

We get one trait that adds one stack of stability but we can’t use our utilities when we have it. We can’t use it to help heal. Bad design. In fact it doesn’t last long enough to use any skill, even our deathshroud skills. I’ve played enough games to watch every class have stability up at least have of the time.

Shroud Flash. But agreed that for what we are, we are getting very shortchanged in terms of anti-cc, especially the core necro.

We don’t get a block anywhere. Why? Classes burst out so much damage so quickly that I can barely cast shroud 1 before my shroud is gone. Face it, shroud doesn’t work.

I slaughter them burst guardians engies and thieves on my necro. Consider some protection + weakness and necro life gets way better. We do have a lot of corrupts and unblockables so that balances it out.

What i would like to see however is a skill that’s a mix of spectral wall and spectral armor – an aura or armor that fears enemies that try to strike you and gains you life force.

Necro defense wise is a good spot tbh, with exception of anti-cc kit. Here it’s hurting indeed. I’ve been researching defense options on my necromancer recently, quite thorougly and found a few gems in there.

I say this as silver/gold ranked spvp core necro.

That being said, with upcoming super boon hate elite specs (scourge + spellbreaker) the necro will be in dire need of non-boon related damage reductions, as losing protection (which is crucial) will be a very common occurence after 22nd.

(edited by ZeftheWicked.3076)

Five Years Really?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

It’s so funny reading these things from my perspective.

I’ve played Mesmer for years, and complained about pretty much the opposite of the OP. I complained about how everything unique to our class gets nerfed to the ground. How all of our support either slowly gets removed (Dungeon bosses being changed to no longer be affected by reflects for instance), or literally gets deleted (They didn’t even give Well of Precog pulsing stability. It has literally 0 use as it is).

Contrasting it now that I’ve shifted over to Necro, I have almost no complaints with Necro as a class.

“We lack stability” => I almost never ran with stab on Mesmer anyway, as I usually ran glass Mesmer outside of WvW, and in WvW half the time I’d run glass anyway because it was fun.

“We lack blocks” => We can hit people through their blocks with our marks. We’re one of the 2, maybe 3? classes that can stop a guardian from healing by interrupting them through their blocks.

“Lack of evasion” => 2 dodges, spectral walk, the ability to get a very durable 2nd health bar when running spectral armor. I mean, yeah. Necro kind of suffers from a lack of mobility, but I see it as a fair compromise for the fact that I’m able to down most people if they’re dumb enough to straight up brawl me. The exception is warriors & S/D thieves…

“healing skills that work” => I actually have no complaints about consume conditions… I usually end up throwing a fear mark at my feet & healing up.

“vigor” => Run a sigil of energy? Again, coming from playing glass Mesmer I really didn’t have access to much if any vigor.

Honestly, in open world, sPvP, and WvW I’m having a lot of fun on Necro, and I feel like the Necro forums might be a bit too negative on the class.

Maybe go out there and play some of the other classes for a while to get perspective.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

Five Years Really?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Because they have their vision that they are following? Their vision and path isn’t going to align with what everyone wants, it might not even align with the majority. It doesn’t have to.

… and then there will be people looking around doing /shrug … where did everybody go?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Five Years Really?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Why would someone play a class that has been “lacking active defenses” for 5 years and then complain that it still lacks them. Maybe reroll?

thats not how maining a class works.