Fix It - Latest bugs we want fixed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Going to start hitting up the Dev Bugs forum soon.
Sick & Lame in the brain at the best of times, so please add what I missed!

The Bugs
—————————————-

Putrid Mark – Removes ‘some’ condi, and not off allies.

Foot in the Grave – Only works ‘sometimes’. (Example: Twisted Invasions, Can press Breaks Stun + DS & still be chain CC’ed 5 times in a row)

Litch Form – Auto-Attack Auto-Turns-Off.

Leaving a Transform – no heals/until buttons for 1sec + lag.

Poison – Doesn’t reduce heals.

Fear – Doesn’t interrupt.

Not simple bug’s, but frustrating/want fixed.
—————————————-

Can’t Res/Stomp/etc while Transformed (DS/Litch/etc) Can we at least get it in PvE.

Vigor or some sort of extra dodge now we can’t ‘block’ with DS in long dungy boss fights.

Projectiles that can hit our feet/brake us out of roots. That can hit objects in WvW.

Combo finisher on weap that isn’t a staff.

A underwater elite skill, that’s not condi.

Minions that don’t die to splash damage/when wet.

Vamp that isn’t ~0.01% our max life per hit… (And pointless in DS)

Meele Cleave.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Additional bugs: Lich* form – cast time interupted past the first 0.4 seconds makes it go on full cooldown

New bug this patch (at least in pve): Chill of Death procs at 20% instead of 25%.

Some that aint/shouldnt
Poison – depends on the heal some are
Vigor and invul aint option, but limit on ds damage should make its return
Finishers are on utilites (minions), maybe on a new melee a leap would be ok but i dont think we need em.
Golem* that doesnt die when wet.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

-A preset autoattack of a players choice on “any” tranformation. even moa! ^^
-Utility delay when coming out of a transformation
-Cooldown display on normal skills (or just heal ^^) when in a transformation.
-YES! the projectiles that can hit our feet i.c.o Roots << good point.! or have roots trigger marks
-SW bug that instagibs you when using a portal and getting out of reach of your starting position.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

Oww interesting one about Spect Walk!

I guess other things I been wondering are D Fire’s ‘temp’ half duration fix in PvP. Tho it looks like as they even reducing bleed stacks on Grasp, to balance it even more. I guess it’s just staying that way. (I personally hate DFire, as it’s upset people over fire being the wrong god for a necro, and that they nurfed fear & other bits to fit it in.)

About finishers on Minions/staff only. It may not be so bad if minions were fixed up. But the times when it hits the fan & you really would love to use them water fields… they are dead. Leaving you having to use staff & Putrid mark. While PMark is buggy, it’s not such a bad use, but I personally loved it for supporting the group, not another selfish necro helps itself only thing.
Anyway, I find it very constrictive. Staff or Minions or no combo.

Which brings me up to next ponder… Are we too forced to run staff? In that, it’s biggest damage while in Death Shroud, and it’s our only default constant LifeForce gen. (Other weap attacks have long CD and are very, very often dodged/blocked/etc in PvP by anyone that knows how to deny a necro)

Oh and Andele, you don’t think that more LF = More Mitigation makes more sense? Allows more build diversity as DS Dance isn’t ‘the’ way to play?

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Oh and Andele, you don’t think that more LF = More Mitigation makes more sense? Allows more build diversity as DS Dance isn’t ‘the’ way to play?

Im pretty sure i said it a while ago in terms of stabilty, uptime/total potential cant ever be taken as a realistic measure for the worth of the resource, so no more LF isnt more migration unless we are allowed to build it within DS (what is actually a bad idea since its kinda the thing that allowed necros to be op in beta).

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Wait wait wait… POISON DOESN’T REDUCE HEALS?? :o When did this bug sneak in Is it all poisons or just scepter 1?

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

All poisons, it seems to be only ‘some’ heals. So some it still works, some it doesn’t.
It was around PAX time. Just after our balance patch.

in Necromancer

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Poison – Doesn’t reduce heals. – u mean when you use conditions-cleanse heal? Or when you apply poison enemy healing don’t reduce? If 1st – its not a bug.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Poison – Doesn’t reduce heals. – u mean when you use conditions-cleanse heal? Or when you apply poison enemy healing don’t reduce? If 1st – its not a bug.

No some healing effects (including swap sigil siphons) dont get reduced by poison sometimes, rare bug but i think it has to do with the fact that the game sees health gain, siphoning and healing as 3 different things, siphs being in the middle of the road (for example vampiric gets reduced by posion in the rata sum fractal, but the swap sigil proc doesnt when i use it on my ele in pvp). The amount of random crap that sometimes just happens is so big, saying “old features fused with others dont work under set rules” is as pointless as a pot calling a kettle black.

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

Added the bug thread.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Necro-bug-list/first#post2799269

Please +1, add your own comments/bugs I missed/frustrations.

Let’s keep the ‘pressure on’ till we get our loved necro up to par with the other class’s. :-)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Occasionally (and totally randomly) signet of the locust speed boost won’t work unless I unequip the signet and re-equip it. Idk if this applies for every speed signet, I know it happens on my thief’s signet sometimes too but haven’t really noticed it on my ele but I don’t use it on ele that much.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Occasionally (and totally randomly) signet of the locust speed boost won’t work unless I unequip the signet and re-equip it. Idk if this applies for every speed signet, I know it happens on my thief’s signet sometimes too but haven’t really noticed it on my ele but I don’t use it on ele that much.

Thats a zone transition/slot swap bug, the game looks at the buffs you got, but sadly detects as if the signet passive isnt active, thus “activates it again” actually removing the buff, coding problem.

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

Copyed over to my bug forum page.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Necro-bug-list/first#post2799269

Kind of getting the feeling we going to be unloved and ignored as usual. Seems in the past 3 days since I put it there, it’s only War/Ele or WvW stuff that get’s replied to, unless it’s over 1k views.
It’s also been dropping 3-5 pages each day, till someone is nice enough to post.

So please drop on, +1 and write a small comment. Even “Please fix necro” is a polite shameless bump. ;-P

On the bright side, it looks like Chap is back, and he was very lively looking at the pax final. He seems to have been the main dev to take the time and at least explane what the dev’s are thinking and show some necro love. So hoping he’ll at least post a ‘Will bring it up’ and restore hope. (Will upgrade my offer of free beer to bourbon if he dose ;-P )

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oxe.6142

Oxe.6142

Number 1 on that list should be Pet AI. Pets are slow to attack or simply don’t, especially the Flesh Golem. Pet’s should heal when the player does out of combat. Pets should attack what the necro is attacking. Bone Minions shouldn’t run off and attack random targets (like how the Flesh Golem used to), ESPECIALLY if the necro isn’t attacking the target.

Melee cleave on a necro would be OP. Necro’s innately have aoe built into nearly every attack they use, with the exception of dagger/axe 1. They’re the best AOE class in the game, bar none and don’t need melee cleave also.

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

Yeh, I didn’t put minions at the bottom of the list because it was my lowest want. I just could fill a full page of fix this with minions, so made a little section for it and tried to list a few simple/basic fix’s without getting frustrated & kitteny.

I also sort of think, things like our new Putrid Mark bug, stops lots more builds working & makes us lots less desirable in a group, cleaning condi’s off allies being the main funky thing we did.
So I hope it’s ‘oops fixed’ ‘this is what were going to do to minions’. As well, we have had how many minion fix’s now, and there still so terrible! (Tho yes, not standing about watching you fight, waiting till you get low life, then running off up the hill, around the corner N pulling a champ down on top, was a very welcome fix, also tele to you in instance rather than pulling a floor when you skipped trash in a instance also didn’t hurt LoL)

The meele cleave, yes and no. Fixing weapon switch in DS, would go along way in to not flipping to axe or dagger, then being stuck with a single target only weapon lots of the time. Also a arvo playing a warrior, and you do realize how far behind we are because of it. (There longbow AoE isn’t ranged AoE to snob, then when you look at the meele cleave damage they do on top. Even excluding 100b that dose more than any of our attacks every 8 seconds, even with that being single not AoE, but well even axe offhand seems to do as good per target as we do single, then there might stacking is per mob hit unlike our DS giving 1 stack no matter how many mobs it go’s thru [costing a 2nd 10point trait]. Then put on top heavy armor has more armor, it really just shows what a joke meele necro is, higher risk expediently per mob less reward.)

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

Sorry if that was a bit aggressive/sounded like I was having a go.
I’m just very passionate about the game & would love to see necro get the attention the rest of the game dose.
I’m getting a bit anshus.

Do love your input, and would very much love you to drop a line in the bug forum, as Im getting worried the dev’s think no one cares:

in Necromancer

Posted by: BillFreist

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Regarding >>>Leaving a Transform – no heals/until buttons for 1sec + lag.

I remember this popping up not too long ago, but can’t remember where we left off on it. I’ve been playing Necro a lot lately and it has been bothering me, too. I’ll talk to the guys on Monday and see what this is all about, and see about taking care of it.

I think it was mentioned at some point there was a cooldown added to prevent unwanted skill executions when leaving a transformation. But again, I’m not sure if this was intended for Death Shroud.

-Bill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

I remember this popping up not too long ago, but can’t remember where we left off on it. I’ve been playing Necro a lot lately and it has been bothering me, too. I’ll talk to the guys on Monday and see what this is all about, and see about taking care of it.

I think it was mentioned at some point there was a cooldown added to prevent unwanted skill executions when leaving a transformation. But again, I’m not sure if this was intended for Death Shroud.

-Bill

The cooldown was so you dont double top plauge and lich leaving it instantly after you just went into the form.

DS locking out heals and utilities, been around for ages died soooo many times waiting 1-2 seconds for my heal to show up.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shinjusuke.9156

Shinjusuke.9156

Since we (might) have a tiny bit of dev attention in here

Can we PLEASE see some love for Vamp/Dagger builds? Seriously.
Give an overall health siphoning boost that makes it not abysmal (since the only real health siphon outside of minions leeching is on the dagger anyway), and allow us do at least half of our healing while in death shroud.

So many cool ways the Necro could be done.. so many ignored…
Sick of being stuck just going “okay bleed… some more bleed… bit more bleed… some bleed…”

C’mon guys…

in Necromancer

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

-Bill

Good to know this will be on your list of important things to talk about. This really punishes a Necro that has used plague or DS in an attempt to wait out the CD for a heal. It is horrible enough the heal animation and cast time is long and obvious, having it go on a 1 sec CD along with that is just cruel punishment.

I have already made it a habit to try and heal prior to entering a transform in order to reduce the number of times I can be knocked out of it into downed state as it is.

I would love to see our utility bar while in DS just so I can track those CDs better as well, but I gather that feature is nowhere near being a priority at this point.

Thanks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Godless.1857

Godless.1857

Give an overall health siphoning boost that makes it not abysmal (since the only real health siphon outside of minions leeching is on the dagger anyway), and allow us do at least half of our healing while in death shroud.

Sick of being stuck just going “okay bleed… some more bleed… bit more bleed… some bleed…”

C’mon guys…

Did you see the update from Chap in the general forum? They’ve stated the Oct 15th Patch should see some love for our blood trait line.

in Necromancer

Oxe.6142

DS does need a 1/4 second delay in order to prevent being double tapped (pop in then right back out of DS, putting it on CD and wasting it) in laggy (WvW) and gameplay intense situations. It doesn’t need to lock out half your skill bar when exiting DS however.

in Necromancer

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Lichform point blank fails as far skill #1
I have seen it missing a perfectly standing still norn right infront of me multiple times.
If its an asura it becomes even worse.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

C’mon guys…

Did you see the update from Chap in the general forum? They’ve stated the Oct 15th Patch should see some love for our blood trait line.

it’s very likely that this ‘love’ is just a equally horrible power/heal-scaling like the one vampiric has got.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

DS does need a 1/4 second delay in order to prevent being double tapped (pop in then right back out of DS, putting it on CD and wasting it) in laggy (WvW) and gameplay intense situations. It doesn’t need to lock out half your skill bar when exiting DS however.

No, it doesn’t. Hitting all of the shroud-dancing builds with the nerf bat because people keep fat-fingering is not needed. The reason that cooldown was added to Plague, Lich Form, Tornado, etc. was because those skills have no benefits tied to their activation/deactivation. Closest you get is Runes of Lysa, but the ICD on those is far shorter than the cooldown for the elite you are using and the cooldown starts when you activate the transformation, not leaving it. Death Shroud has a lot of effects tied to entry and leaving.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Oxe.6142

It’s not a nerf. It’s security against putting DS on CD and wasting it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Godless.1857

Godless.1857

Any build that uses on entry or on exit effects and just “flash” DS – any delay will be a nerf. I can’t honestly say I’ve ever had a problem with premature detransforming.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Though I can appreciate the frustration that comes from a wasted DS transformation due to an unintended double-tap, a 1/4 second delay is not the answer.

For those necros who trait DS to produce effects on entry or exit of the transformation, this would most definitely be a nerf. The security against putting DS on an unintended cool down is practice, on the one hand, for intense gaming situations and patience/timing when fighting lag in WvWvW, on the other.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in Necromancer

Oxe.6142

They’ve done the 1/4 s delay with many skills. IT’S NOT A NERF. Protection against wasting Death Shroud would be a buff, if anything. It’s actually neither, just security against lag. 1/4 second is less than the latency you get if you play on the East Coast US. 250ms, it wouldn’t affect skills at all. If you don’t understand how it works, do some research and look at all the skills it’s already been added to.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

They’ve done the 1/4 s delay with many skills. IT’S NOT A NERF. Protection against wasting Death Shroud would be a buff, if anything. It’s actually neither, just security against lag. 1/4 second is less than the latency you get if you play on the East Coast US. 250ms, it wouldn’t affect skills at all. If you don’t understand how it works, do some research and look at all the skills it’s already been added to.

I can give you a good example of a skill set it was added to and a reason.

Shatter skills were being abused to get the same set of clones to cause multiple shatter effects. They added the 1/4 second cooldown to prevent that. That wasn’t to make the skills easier to use or to prevent accidental double tapping, it was to close a bug loophole.

Transformations you don’t want to go into and out of immediately ever. a 1/4 second cooldown on those is fine. EXCEPT for DS, which I often want to go into just long enough to cast DS3 and back out. If I can click F1, 3, F1 in less than 1/4 second, more power to me. Don’t force me to fat finger that combo because of a delay.

I never have lag that would cause me to need this.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bratpirat.6137

Bratpirat.6137

Dunno if it is a bug or intended, but moa on minionmaster is just plain unfair because you loose all your pets and if you survive the moa everything is on cd, which means no healskill and no heal from minions. So you are a freekill once moa is up if the mesmer knows what he’s doing.

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

Hi guys! First thanks for all the support. I compile my main mad-bro list, and put it under bugs. That got Dev response & few bugs added to there to-do/to-fix list.
Thanks to all those who added stuff I missed/forgot.

Was the link if you wanted a simple bug fixed.

Ok, the next thing. Was a few of my bits moved over more to the ‘quality of life’ than simple bugs. So my next plan, is to compile a list of our main, stuff that makes us ‘mad-bro’. Prob focused on getting us right, rather than new sexy idea/systems we’d like added.
The idea being, 1 simple main list/area for the dev’s to see all at a glance rather then spending hours going thru all the forums.
(I was also going to wait till next big patch is out, as minions/vamp sound like a big overhaul)

Finally keeping the convo going here,
BradPirate > Litch also destroys minions… Yet, you can summon litch’s minions, then drop out of litch & resummon your usual guys. Is it a bug that leaving litch doesn’t destroy it’s minions and you can have ‘too big a swarm’ for a few seconds? eyetwitch
The tooltip note, just feels like a bandaid to a deeper problem.

Bill > Thanks for taking the time! It’s also very warming to know that a dev admits to actually playing a necro ;-P
Chap/Grouch/You all have the offer of free beer if you ever come to Australia, and actually playing a necro, has been upgraded to free bourbon!

Also related. Pressing DS, gives a 10 sec CD on DS. On entry & release. Yet if you let your LifeForce drain to release from DS, you don’t get a 10sec CD. While at a glance it seems a overlooked bug not giving the CD, but actual play, feels like there shouldn’t be a 10sec CD on press exit. Especially as we can’t use DS as a ‘block’ anymore and it’s suppose to be our only real defense.
IF, I have put my foot in it and just added the idea of another nurf… Can I demand some quality of life, like being able to res someone in DS, without the pressing res & DS in the same second. Also, having DS trigger effects happening on exit too. (Weakening Shroud/Foot in the Grave for example) (Second thoughts Weak Shroud might be a bad example, as it’s got 15sec internal CD… Hope that’s showing up on your trait tooltips fix, as well as pointing out it’s 40% duration nurfed to usual weakness.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Shatter skills were being abused to get the same set of clones to cause multiple shatter effects. They added the 1/4 second cooldown to prevent that. That wasn’t to make the skills easier to use or to prevent accidental double tapping, it was to close a bug loophole.

Transformations you don’t want to go into and out of immediately ever. a 1/4 second cooldown on those is fine. EXCEPT for DS, which I often want to go into just long enough to cast DS3 and back out. If I can click F1, 3, F1 in less than 1/4 second, more power to me. Don’t force me to fat finger that combo because of a delay.

^ This.

Oxe, you’re asking for a fix to an issue that personally affects you but which already has a solution. That is to say, practice with DS so that you don’t accidentally leave the transformation prematurely through an unintended double-tap.

Conversely, your suggestion – if implemented – would have a negative impact on those of us who aren’t experiencing the problem and who do voluntarily flash in and out of DS as Rennoko described.

I don’t want a 1/4 second DS delay, Rennoko doesn’t want a 1/4 DS second delay, and I’m sure many other necros don’t want a 1/4 second DS delay, either. If your suggestion were implemented, I, Rennoko, and other necros who don’t want the delay would now be stuck with it. But to accommodate your need to avoid frustration, you would see a portion of the necro player base suffer an unwarranted restriction on DS? Sorry, but that’s unacceptable and I don’t see ArenaNet implementing it.

The silver lining is – with time – you will reach the point where this problem will no longer affect you.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

this post fails in every direction.

I do not want this “not a nerf” idea implemented either

stop button mashing when you are lagging, there problem solved.

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

Aus player here, usually 430+ ms lag.
DS in many builds/situations is used to ‘flash’ buffs, by double taping with sexy traits.
There used to be a ‘upload que’ option in game settings. (That’s gone now, anyway)

Anyway, DS & a few other things, (Some channels wont finish etc) can’t be spammed. Luckily tho, the only thing you need to, is Litch ‘auto attack’. Hopefully that will be fixed soon and you can just press things.

The game is very good with lag resistance, as long as you say only Que 2-3 commands ahead. Once you hit the game braking lag. The buttons do que, and light up… But don’t actually work. This will work on everything, so spaming wont help. (And will prob just packet the server more giving you more time for lag to clear up).

Once you get used to the system, it’s much more elegant than mash the buttons, force things to have ICD’s so it doesn’t brake.

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

-Bill

This “feature” pretty much prevents you from healing after you exit DS, which is exactly what you usually want to do to not die. I do not know what other things exactly changed but sometimes you just die instantly anyway on huge condistack.

All in all those DS “fixes” presented a good bunch of new problems you’ll run into when you run into “tight” situtations where extra 1 second or block could save you etc. It is still very frustrating.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

-Bill

It would be all fine and dandy if it happened with the patch that did it (election time), but it has been in game since the first time Ablades appeared… same thing as our weapon swapping in DS getting remove, someone just kittens up and it gets turned into a feature.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Spectral Grasp pulling your foe towards you, but any signet used immediately after fails due to your target being pulled too far , or is in movement or other.. but yeah pointblank combat often/always fails..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

Merlin >, I noticed this too, also sometimes on my guard with GSWord pull.
I think they pull things to 0 or 1 yard away from you. (Tho different ground heights usually brake the ability in a good way, so ruff train = it doesn’t quite pull it directly on top of you which is a good thing here LoL. IF it doesn’t bug out too hard and just move it a few inch’s and fizz cause there was a scary looking pebble on the ground.)

Anyway, ground targeting/LoS issue’s aside. I think we get it extra hard, as, we use lots of ‘projectiles’.
This also is a huge problem with stacking, not being able to shoot things that meele are spanking.
Super frustrating problem with it, is can’t shoot our feet, so we can’t get out of roots. Which rangers seem to love abusing in WvW for example. Can’t really blame them. How funny must it be just to re-roots the necros in the zerg over & over till the zerg’s gone and you can easily pick the off.

Anyway, slightly unthoughtful programing on some skills, amply’s thru 1-2 bugs to uba frustration.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

The servers have to tally and relay damage from local clients. A quarter-second delay may not be desired but it is practical. No skills should be less than this.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I’m not sure if this is something anyone else has going on, but I’m pretty sure that if I cast warhorn #5 when I already have swiftness that it doesn’t add to my swiftness duration. I haven’t tested it yet but I wanted to throw it out there.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Locust Swarm definitely does stack Swiftness.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver