Fixing Necromancer- 3 Changes You Would Make?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xaragon.3520

Xaragon.3520

I operate under the hope that arena net do actually read these forums and are interested in our feedback.

I would love someone from arena net to actually post in one of these forums just to let us know that they are listening and care about what we say.

In saying the above it appears to me that they are more likely to make small changes to the class rather then anything significant( this may come later during an expac- hopefully)

So following the above guidelines and following the layout below, list 3 things 1 or 2 sentences to keep it simple and easy to read.

1. Add an attack/follow and stop functions to minions.

2. Allow a % of healing to work in death shroud

3. Reduce the cast times of dagger 2 and 3.

IF you want to add more detail do so after listing your 3 changes. Try not to make it groundbreaking because it won’t happen.

As i said maybe just maybe if we keep this clean organised and with little changes they might listen.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

I operate under the hope that arena net do actually read these forums and are interested in our feedback.

I would love someone from arena net to actually post in one of these forums just to let us know that they are listening and care about what we say.

In saying the above it appears to me that they are more likely to make small changes to the class rather then anything significant( this may come later during an expac- hopefully)

So following the above guidelines and following the layout below, list 3 things 1 or 2 sentences to keep it simple and easy to read.

1. Add an attack/follow and stop functions to minions.

2. Allow a % of healing to work in death shroud

3. Reduce the cast times of dagger 2 and 3.

IF you want to add more detail do so after listing your 3 changes. Try not to make it groundbreaking because it won’t happen.

As i said maybe just maybe if we keep this clean organised and with little changes they might listen.

+1, but im 99% sure we gotta wait another 6 months…

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

1) never going to happen, that is a ranger class mechanic exclusive.

2) would be cool, but it looks like the idea anet has on the subject is “you want heal in DS you get the trait that does it”, at best we might see a tweak to that someday.

3) might happen in 6 months or so, but why only dagger? necro has plenty of way-too-long animations/channels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Seiishizo.7162

Seiishizo.7162

1) healing possibility in deathshroud (not a stupid grandmaster trait who heals less than a warrior SMALL master trait) This shouldn’t be a trait thing in general this should be always possible.

2) improve autoattacks from staff. It is so slow currently that you can dodge it by just pressing adadadadadadadadad. Most useless auto attack in the game

3) Add something to necro to make it usefull in dungions and not be insta kicked, Like a team buff. 150+ ferocity for whole team trait?

and i know its 3 but i really wanted a 4th and a kinda general one

4) rework traits/small traits that are almost completely useless, necro has way 2 many of those

Owner and creator of http://www.gw2score.com
Btw: It’s Sey-Shi-zo ^.^

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

1. make staff #1 a condition based skill
2. make axe #1 cleave 3 targets
3. remove the god-awful ICDs from Signet of Vampirism

in Necromancer

Xaragon.3520

1) never going to happen, that is a ranger class mechanic exclusive.

2) would be cool, but it looks like the idea anet has on the subject is “you want heal in DS you get the trait that does it”, at best we might see a tweak to that someday.

3) might happen in 6 months or so, but why only dagger? necro has plenty of way-too-long animations/channels.

3/ agreed these are my suggestions- list your own ill compile a big list at the end and hope we get some feedback.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

1) Counterplay to instant spells and fast hitting professions, (ranger,mesmer,thief and now warrior and guardian)
2) Revert immunity to Chill on warriors (or at least tone it down, why create a trait that makes sure chill now also doesn’t have any effect , not that it didn’t already)
3) Realize Necro is a Master of Chilling and now taking away this condition to be used versus the one spec that would obliterate necro even without the immunity.
4)revert chill nerf from sigils, i mean if you guys are serious about keeping this air/fire sigil cheese. then why on earth nerf chill on sigils?.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

1. Fix minions not attacking

2. A couple of blocks on weapons, e.g. focus for power builds and offhand dagger for condi.

3. Any group buff/enabler for dungeons.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

1. Make Parasitic Bond, parasitic Contagion, Vampiric Precision, Vampiric, Vampiric Master, Vampiric Rituals, and the Regeneration boon have their full effects in Death shroud.

2. Reduce the cooldown on Signet of the Locust.

3. Redesign PvE encounters so what a necro is good at becomes more important.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

1. Fix minions not attacking

This one kills me. There are lots of changes I would like to see ranging from minor fixes to major reworks, but this imo should take precedence. It’s a bug fix to a core mechanic and its still happening after 2 years.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

1. Buff unholy sanctuary, or replace with a viable non-minion related death magic GM
2. Buff dagger 2 (like your idea about cast time)
3. Buff siphoned power from 25% to 33%

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

This complaint of getting kicked from dungeon runs, i dont understand it. I hardly ever get kicked when trying to join random dungeon runs. I can only recall that happening maybe twice in the 2 years i have been playing. In fact alot of the time i survive better than the others who are running other classes.

There was an instance when I had to solo the wraithlords crusher in arah p3 while the others ganked the champ because they had problems doing both at the same time.

There was another case where I managed to survive while my party got wiped while killing the spider queen in AC (those aoes are no joke though). These were pretty good players that i normally run with.

There are so many cases i end up dying because the party died or i didnt know the path.

In pvp I run dd/sf damage hybrid and i have no problem killing or at least holding other classes, aside the warrior. In some cases max of 2 at the same time .

In the Crown Pavillion, a very good zerk warrior buddy of mine, had problems killing multiples of those fire veterans at the same time. Its really easy to do for necros if running full dire.

I can stay here and tell you exactly how a condi engi has nothing on a condi transfer necro once you know how their build works.

If a thief jumps you, dont wait for your hp to drop before using ds otherwise it is too late. Dont wait to use your control skills on them either or they will just keep running away and wasting your time.

Run daggers, condis alone will get you into trouble if you cant keep yourself from getting melee’d. Those tiny weapons have saved my hide several times. You dont need to be a power necro to use them, you can run sigil of earth and spec into curses.

Whatever build you are using, speed is very important. Its probably the only other thing that can keep necros alive after ds. I’m always running quickening thirst. When i don’t, my chances of dying double.

Take snow leopard to dungeons, that stealth is glorious. Its the only thing we have that can keep up with the other classes when sprinting past mobs. It is also a life saving escape. Long cooldown though which sucks.

Do not go glass condi, glass hybrid, or glass anything, you will die alot. If we had a decent escape skill or an equivalent to endure pain then glass would be pretty cool.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

1 – make all wells recharge 10 seconds faster
2 – make mark of blood scale with power a LOT more
3 – make corrosive poison clouds radius a lot bigger with lower durations

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

1. make condition stack limit per person, not global
2. allow conditions to crit in some manner to bring their dps up to the level of power based builds
3. introduce a zerker equivalent gear set for condition users

Until they do this Necro will be useless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Bring on the pressure…
1) Staff
Staff #1 apply Torment, reduce recharge time on staff #3, 4, and 5

2) Axe
Axe hit up to 3 target, reduce recharge time on axe #2 and 3, add blast finisher to axe #3

3) Spiteful Spirit (my favorite gw1 Necro skill http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Spiteful_Spirit)
Apply aoe confusion when enter Death Shroud.

I don’t play pvp so I don’t know how this will hurt or not…if there a #4 change I would make some changes Corruption skills.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malsheem.1794

Malsheem.1794

1) Reduce casting time on Heal (and CD on WoD)
2) Give stability in DS
3) Some kind of condition boost. Maybe an Anti Condition cleanse- thing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I’m not overly familiar with the class but I’ll give my best opinions from a PvE perspective

1: Group Utility is probably the main thing Necro needs in PvE. They could add a blast finisher on Warhorn 4, make Spectral Wall absorb projectiles, Blood is power gives might to allies as well.

2: Give them a melee weapon with a full cleave, though the dagger semi-cleave is good in the mean time. Life Siphon could also use a lower cast time and a damage increase.

3: Some trait changes. Like Siphoned Power is changed to “insert name”. Do 5% more damage to Vulnerable foes. Move Quickening Thirst from Blood Magic, and change it to “insert name” do 5% more damage with daggers. I would replace Chill of Death with it (removing this trait) and create a new trait for Blood Magic. Possibly a trait that lets you steal health on weapon swap (like the Sigil)

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Necromancer

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

From a pvp/wvw perspective only:

1) Revert scepter/staff #2 bleed change in pvp, or add 1 stack of torment to scepter #2 or #3 preferably #3. Make it that it requires your target to have both bleed and poison in order to apply torment.

2) Buff underused utilies. For example, add 6 reveal debuff to blood is power.

3) Increase dark path travel speed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

1) All Necromancer traits + regen heal your actual HP while in DS
2) Minion AI is changed to only attack targets that you tell them to (no more self-aggroing, the Necro has to initiate their aggro with an attack), and is fixed to work 100%
3) Add new weapons

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

The necromancer needs allot more then 3 I can tell you that much.

1.) Make it so death shroud isn’t a parasitic ability. A parasitic ability is any ability that only functions in a vacuum by itself. An ability that doesn’t play well with other abilities. It is its own island. Death shroud has been sloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly moving away from its parasitism, but its honestly in need a a COMPLETE over hall in order to get it to the point it needs to be.

2.) Minions attack while moving and Minion AI improvements.

3.) We need to bring something diverse to grouping. We currently don’t have anything in terms of PvE at least that other players want. We can’t stack might for allies, reflect projectiles, Guardians remove conditions from allies better then we can our damage is out classed, even our healing abilities are outclassed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

1.) More mobility on the battlefield. I liked how Dark Path worked in early Betas
2.) Make Minions commandable
3.) Rework Life Siphoning so that you can support your group with it

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

3) Spiteful Spirit (my favorite gw1 Necro skill http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Spiteful_Spirit)
Apply aoe confusion when enter Death Shroud.

Yes!

1.) More mobility on the battlefield. I liked how Dark Path worked in early Betas

Yes!

3.) Rework Life Siphoning so that you can support your group with it

Yes, but only if traited.

1) Revert scepter/staff #2 bleed change in pvp, or add 1 stack of torment to scepter #2 or #3 preferably #3. Make it that it requires your target to have both bleed and poison in order to apply torment.

Yes, 3 badly needs a buff and the post-Dhuumfire nerfs need to get reverted.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

1) Re-evaluate and buff life siphon skills. This could give Necros the unique feel we want and would also give us a true attrition functionality like Anet says they want
2) New weapon (great axe) with a true cleave. Granted this should come with new weapons for other classes too (of course some can share the great axe)
3) More access to Torment

Bonus: General rework of conditions (especially defient) in PvE so we can use our specialty in more PvE settings.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Riccardo.7254

Riccardo.7254

i’ll copy here the content of my previous post:
"
-Spectral Armor: now grants protection and stability 6s each (untraited)
This will partially solve our problem of being too susceptible to control effects

-Signet Of Vampirism: remove passive cooldown or improve active duration to 10s
Terribly designed skill which need a total rework or at leas a big makeover

-Axe AA: add a small bleeding effect each hit like 1 stack 3s per skill hit
Cleave would have been better but required a redesign of the AA, adding a small bleeding each hit will at least provide some condi pressure and a good dps improve overall

-Dagger skills from 2-5: reduced 20% of their cooldown
seriously..

Spectral Walk: redesign skill. Make it like Mesmer teleport and call it “Spectral Vanishing”. Keep Stun Break. 900range. cooldown reduced to kitten (untraited)
this will give us some little more mobility ooc and in combat

-Spectral Wall: added a reflecion effect.
this will give people a little reason to bring a necro into PVE content

-Blood is Power: redesign skill. Draw conditions from nearby allies giving them 2 stacks of might 10s for each condition drawned
this will give people a serious reason to bring a necro into PVE content

Blood Magic traitline:
-II Bloodthirst: siphoning effect increased to 50%
-III Mark of Evasion: removed trait cooldown
-V Vampiric Precision: scales more with power
-VII Vampiric Master: ALL minions now siphon
-IX Deathly Invigoration: healing effect increased (doubled) and healing also on entering DS
-XIII Unholy Martyr: interval decreased to 1s

this traitline needs a lot of rework

Some clarification:
-i main Necro since right after beta
-i played through these years every kind of combination of traits and skill of this profession
-i didnt proposed changes to every trait or every skill because some of them are still viable
-i focused the changes to the areas where necros lack competitiveness

i hope ANET will hear necromancer’s community too and change the balancing they intend to release since it’s not what this profession is asking
"

Commander Soundless Death, Necro 80 – IoJ
Commander Gammaburst, Warr 80 – IoJ
Headhunter Jaeger, Thief 80 – IoJ

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

1) all necromancer traits + regen heal your actual HP while in DS . without outside direct healing for start

2) faster cast/channel animations: dagger#2, axe#2, focus#5, focus#4, dagger#3, axe#3 in order

3) nigtmare rune nerf , revert of lost dumbfire bleeds

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Oh boy, this is a thing… 3 changes ey?

1) Make PoC more reliable, in terms of speed or ground targetted (once more) – if going for the latter, then make it like the reworked guardian MI so you can only port if you hit an enemy within the cast range…

2) Get more reliable ways of getting Life-Force for builds that lack the build up to it; Reaper’s Precision is a good way if it wasn’t locked behind the 33% wall, or if it wasn’t freaking 1%… the one who designed this trait should get slapped for knowing we lack some good cleave on most of our weapons…

3) Give us Mark of Pain – of course reworked in the fashion of GW2 (but not in the form of vulnerability for the love of Grenth)… This can me a utility/trait for PvE only if needed, but this would be an awesome addition to have… Hell, even in PvP – I’d imagine a lot of Power Necroes licking their fingers for such as this…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Necromancer

Xaragon.3520

1) all necromancer traits + regen heal your actual HP while in DS . without outside direct healing for start

2) faster cast/channel animations: dagger#2, axe#2, focus#5, focus#4, dagger#3, axe#3 in order

3) nigtmare rune nerf , revert of lost dumbfire bleeds

I think the 1st 2 are spot on.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

1. allow healing from trait, regeneration and external sources

2. speed things up like cast times and projectiles

3.increase condition pressure reduce condition spike

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

1. Put people on the balance team who are interested in fixing the necromancer class. Maybe then we’ll be the first to get fixed, and not dead last, rushed in just before a major tournament. It’s things like this, and the way Signet of Vampirism was rushed and not given any attention (thus it is completely useless), that makes it seem like the devs are completely uninterested in the class.

2. Balance from the point of view of the overall game, which includes PVE and WvW, and not just pvp. Pvp is only one third of the game, and probably even a smaller percentage of the player population. It’s absurd to constantly balance around pvp only.

3. Send the devs to visit the necromancer sub forum for ideas on how to fix the class. It wouldn’t hurt if they visited more than once a year.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

1. Add a permanent (without having to trait for it) Soul Marks
2. Decrease the natural Deathshroud degeneration.
3. Make Dagger#2 AoE.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: wiredrawn.7298

wiredrawn.7298

1. Ability to apply weakness more often/more reliably
2. Ability to apply cripple/chill more often/more reliably
3. Shorter cast for Corrosive Poison Field, and consider spectral recall as a leap finisher

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

1)A gapcloser that works or has a fast projectile speed.
2)Vulnerability application at 900 range, or counterplay to rapidfire/#2 ranged weapon vulnerability application. iow (reflect/block or a retaliation revert and nerf to duration on other professions i.e. guardian)
3) Make sure that Roots are autotargeted and prioritised when cleaving. (Grasping death should have the same mechanic as Roots tbh.)

Many more if i take the announced changes in mind.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

Parasitic Contagion: Currently this grandmaster trait causes a mere 5% of your condition damage to heal you. Possible change: 3% of your damage (power, not condition) heals you and up to 5 allies within 600 range.

Unholy Sanctuary: Currently this grandmaster trait gives you health regeneration while in death shroud. Possible change: Grants the same amount of health regeneration to up to 5 allies within 600 range.

Foot in the Grave: Currently this grandmaster trait gives you 3 seconds of stability upon entering Death Shroud. Possible change: Give stability to up to 5 allies within 600 range.

Currently many PvE necromancers who would like to run dungeons feel quite betrayed and let down by the current state of necromancer traits and abilities. My suggestions are meant to make necromancers more desirable to have in parties by bringing more group utility.

The obstacle is the path.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

1. Ability to apply weakness more often/more reliably
2. Ability to apply cripple/chill more often/more reliably
3. Shorter cast for Corrosive Poison Field, and consider spectral recall as a leap finisher

i agree with this 100% for your 3 ideas
weakness on scepter 3 make it aoe 5 seconds
chill make focus reapers touch also apply torment or bleed then you have a nice weapon with chill
cripple change warhorn 5 to make it you can throw your locust swarm at your target

and then completely change how cpc works
and just thought of this signet of locust active 20second recharge recharge apply 4 second chill gain 10% lf
maybe they could give it a range of 100000 so we could chase people

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

1. Put people on the balance team who are interested in fixing the necromancer class. Maybe then we’ll be the first to get fixed, and not dead last, rushed in just before a major tournament. It’s things like this, and the way Signet of Vampirism was rushed and not given any attention (thus it is completely useless), that makes it seem like the devs are completely uninterested in the class.

2. Balance from the point of view of the overall game, which includes PVE and WvW, and not just pvp. Pvp is only one third of the game, and probably even a smaller percentage of the player population. It’s absurd to constantly balance around pvp only.

3. Send the devs to visit the necromancer sub forum for ideas on how to fix the class. It wouldn’t hurt if they visited more than once a year.

+1 to you. The only real change we need is for the Devs to look at what the people that actually play necro’s have to say about them. I’m not saying to go on blind faith here, but we have been on the back burner for so long now most of us have lost all hope for a good change.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

1: buff siphons and signets (vampiric, vampiric precision, remove bloodthirst, vampiric rituals, signet of vampirism, signet of locust, signet of undeath, plague signet passive)

2: Fix Death Magic by merging the 4 staff traits into that tree or somewhere else, and adding at least one master and at least one grandmaster trait that actually give boons. Could be something like:
wells grant boons on pulse (master or grandmaster)
or
corruption skills transfer a boon from your target to you (adept or master)
Kind of ridiculous that necros don’t get boons from the boon duration traitline.

3: Buff our weapon skills to have blast finishers and be more useful in general. Looking at you axe auto and dagger 2/3.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

(edited by zapv.8051)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

I think it’s futile at this point.

Log in once every couple of months to get living story unlock, ignore the game till something significant really happens.

in Necromancer

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

I think it’s futile at this point.

Log in once every couple of months to get living story unlock, ignore the game till something significant really happens.

Not at all. The truth is that of course a necromancer can run dungeons and do any PvE content. The only place where a necromancer is not wanted is for speed runs or by people who are lazy or ignorant. And there are far more lazy and ignorant people than there are speed-runners.

If you have a good group of friends or guildies you can run any PvE content you want with your necromancer. If not, than your friends and guildies are not good, and you should find people who are.

Necromancer not only does well but excels at open world events and soloing.

My enjoyment of the necromancer profession is much stronger than any pessimism or defeatism about the game or the poor decisions made by other players.

The obstacle is the path.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

1. New Weapons. Weapons with utility like evades or stun breaks on them. Weapons with blast finishers
2. Necromancers can heal in death shroud (I dont care if this takes a nerf to life force generation like the adrenaline nerf to accomplish).
3. Group lifesteal trait similar to spotter.
4. A rebalance of fields in general. Blasting well of darkness gives more blind? dumb. Right now the only used fields are fire and water, the rest are hated. Balance this,

#24 leaderboard rank North America.