Fixing Necromancer mobility.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

Change the Flesh golem charge: You and your flesh golem charge forward (without knockback on player charge) – 40 sec cd.

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Let’s not. I’d rather not have our entire kit nerfed because of one dodge skill.

in Necromancer

Falcon.8713

Why would we get nerfed for 1 mobility like skill (not a dodge) just to gapclose (ON ELITE!). The thing is since chill/cripple/immob doesn’t affect leaps/rushes etc anymore, Anet dev said on the balance path that they’ll have to give something to necro to keep up. Aka 1 mobility gapcloser would be nice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Its also not something I’d want, I don’t want to be forced to charge just to use Flesh Golem’s elite.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

With the introduction of death’s charge—there is a bit of hope. Leaps on necro are needed desperately, and they gave us one. One.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Some people would say we are extremely mobile because wurm/walk/warhorn/ect, but the way I see it, the devs are set on making sure that our mobility is our greatest flaw. I think ride the lightning is more likely to be unnerfed than necromancers getting more mobility. Also, I’m not too fond of the suggested change. There are many ways to improve our mobility that would be much better (make dark path like rtl or make spectral walk like shadowstep, for example).

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Falcon.8713

With the introduction of death’s charge—there is a bit of hope. Leaps on necro are needed desperately, and they gave us one. One.

Agreed. But – 600 range leap with casttime of 1s., if they would lower this to 1/2 or 3/4 it might actually work !

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Agreed. But – 600 range leap with casttime of 1s., if they would lower this to 1/2 or 3/4 it might actually work !

I already did a breakdown, but the net result is that Death’s Charge is actually one of the more mobile skills in the game. It alone lets us move faster than most builds across all professions in the game.

As for how to fix Necro mobility?

Spectral Grasp now homes. Projectile velocity increased by 20%.
Dark Path projectile velocity increased by 50%.

Ta-daaa! I don’t have an issue at all with Necros being immobile, but our tools to prevent people from getting out of range really need to be great.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

like i said, it’s a start. the greatsword needed this more, i think.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Ta-daaa! I don’t have an issue at all with Necros being immobile, but our tools to prevent people from getting out of range really need to be great.

This. The difference in mobility between us and most other professions should be made up with anti-mobility, which isn’t currently the case.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

ehhh, I’d rather them change spectral walk to work in reverse. IE you stay in one spot, but your soul/spirit moves forward in the direction of your choice, and activating it again pulls you to your soul/spirit.

Overall I agree with Dranor and bhawb on this.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Yeah the nice thing about death’s charge is that its cooldown is so low it should totally prove to be decent mobility.

I’m fine with the GS not having a leap skill since an AoE pull looks really strong and it will have great cleave pressure on points in teamfights.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

This. The difference in mobility between us and most other professions should be made up with anti-mobility, which isn’t currently the case.

well, the immobilizes and pulls that are on huge cooldowns aren’t helping.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Yep. I’ve recently been on a bit of a crusade to balance Dagger 3, since it is objectively worse than almost every comparable skill (look at Magnetic Grasp), Spectral Grasp would help as well, and just generally more pulls of various kinds.

I think some traits similar to Transfusion would help too, things that change how your base skills work or involve some kind of (active) proc that pull enemies.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Spectral Grasp now homes. Projectile velocity increased by 20%.
Dark Path projectile velocity increased by 50%.

Yes please give me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

There’s no such thing as “anti-mobility” in this game though. It’s always been impossible to stop people with blinks/teleports/shadowsteps from getting away, and now that movement skills aren’t affected by chill and cripple, it’s harder to stop other people from doing that either.
Much as ANet doesn’t like it due to imagining it goes against some arbitrary “flavour” they decided the necromancer has, the only way to catch people with mobility is to have mobility of your own, and necro doesn’t have that. Dark Path is so slow it can be easily LOSed or even outrun, and its Reaper equivalent is pretty short-ranged and locked behind shroud. Chilblains is literally our only long-ranged reliable snare, and even that won’t slow down someone with Blink. What are you expected to do? Stick Wurm down where you think they’re gonna run away to and set up an ambush?

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.