Flesh Golem, still not available underwater

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

Anyone else still annoyed by this fact? There has never been any valid reason for the Flesh Golem elite to be restricted to land… and it’s rather annoying if you are trying to run a minion build to have to constantly resummon your golem if you have to swim anywhere..

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Underwater content doesn’t seem to be a priority. We will probably have to wait until we have to kill an underwater dragon or a kraken.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Sadly, they have made changes in the past that could have been extended to Flesh Golem, like when they changed ranger spirits so they had dolphin skins underwater. Anet could have given Flesh Golem a Risen Shark skin.
Also last balance patch Anet did change a few underwater Mesmer illusion skills, proving they haven’t completely given up on underwater balancing.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

We should get Flesh Shark. The sharks also already have the charge and knock back ability anyway. They fit perfectly…but…Anet…
I don’t see a problem of just killing the normal minions in the water and get instant skill reset with the UW minions(if some or any are equiped) and vice versa. That way we will need to re-summon them, but I can live with that, even if its not the best solution.
Best will be if they just transform into their UW variants the moment necro dive.

(edited by mazut.4296)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

+1

This really needs to be done.

A quality of life issue that should have been addressed years ago.

I don’t even use Golem, but this should be easy to implement so for the life of me i don’t understand why they can’t spend a small amount of time fixing this.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gargrim.5179

Gargrim.5179

Still no pet bar either, I started playing again last wednesday and have leveled a necro to 80 and the most annoying thing is not being able to set the minions to passive when i needed, They get stuck on monsters until they are dead unless you run away which keeps you in combat regardless so you are slow running through most places.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Still no pet bar either, I started playing again last wednesday and have leveled a necro to 80 and the most annoying thing is not being able to set the minions to passive when i needed, They get stuck on monsters until they are dead unless you run away which keeps you in combat regardless so you are slow running through most places.

This is intentional. They are designed that way, if you want to control your pet play ranger.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rapier.3675

Rapier.3675

minions are mindless creatures/corpses with some abilities. so we can’t compare them with pets.
Rather compare them with zombies with one skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

Undead shark with 50% speed increase.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aplethoraof.2643

Aplethoraof.2643

Anet seems to be avoiding underwater combat recently. Not that I blame them! (Seriously though, I enjoy underwater! Fix underwater skills ).

Personally, I think that all skills should at-least have an underwater equivalent. Maybe by the time we fight the Deep Sea Dragon we’ll get some changes.

(inb4 the Deep Sea Dragon is fought on ships. Or on the surface.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Anet seems to be avoiding underwater combat recently. Not that I blame them! (Seriously though, I enjoy underwater! Fix underwater skills ).

Personally, I think that all skills should at-least have an underwater equivalent. Maybe by the time we fight the Deep Sea Dragon we’ll get some changes.

Or never. ya know, because killing it will destroy the world or something.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I reckon anet will bypass that by having us discover underwater cities akin to the Gungan cities in Star Wars: Phantom Menace.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

I reckon anet will bypass that by having us discover underwater cities akin to the Gungan cities in Star Wars: Phantom Menace.

I mean, there’s a few known races that live underwater in GW2 already. Quaggan, Largos, Krait, etc.

That said, have you guys ever looked at the Flesh Golem? It’s a giant solid mass of flesh/bone. It might not even float.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sojourner.4621

Sojourner.4621

Give the golem floaties. As a side note, is there REALLY any reason to have the UW combat be balanced? And I mean that seriously. Keep underwater out of PvP as they have, and just ramp up the damage of underwater combat until it matches the damage output of on land combat systems so that underwater is quick and fun again instead of a tedious chore. Unbalance heck outta that underwater.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

Give the golem floaties. As a side note, is there REALLY any reason to have the UW combat be balanced? And I mean that seriously. Keep underwater out of PvP as they have, and just ramp up the damage of underwater combat until it matches the damage output of on land combat systems so that underwater is quick and fun again instead of a tedious chore. Unbalance heck outta that underwater.

If balancing Underwater combat as a PvP concern has been an issue… there’s one simple fact that kinda throws any semblance of balance out the window on that… You can attack underwater targets from land. Given the fact that land combat abilities are much stronger than underwater combat abilities… it’s a pretty one sided fight when you do that… Probably why they have tried to avoid underwater combat in PvP…

Honestly they should just let all skills be used underwater… if a power has a conceptual issue with water, simply give it an underwater variat like they did with Elementalist’s Twister Elite becoming Whirlpool.

That said, there is ZERO… I repeat ZERO reason why the Flesh Golem should conflict with underwater combat…

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.