Flesh Of The Master Is It Going To Be Fixed?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: rlhaas.5723

rlhaas.5723

So um…..Thieves’ Steal bug was fixed as if the President pressed his little red button or used his red phone directly phoned in to Anet. Hey Arena Net…..THIS IS A MAJOR SKILL FOR NECROS. I’m personally using my Necro to uncover map sections and Flesh of the Master is ruining it. In PVP it’s fine but I’m not always in the Mists, guys. I have a lot of maps to cover and there’s no reason this trait should be broken for this long. Jeepers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

In PvP, it’s not fine either as all your minions die whenever you go into the downed state. This is just a stupid change, as if minions are actually broken in pve and flesh of the master alone was to fix it.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

in Necromancer

Posted by: virus.4370

virus.4370

i know it sucks..can’t play my MM Necro..

in Necromancer

rlhaas.5723

Oh yea, good point Jayce. I don’t PVP much. Either way, needs to be fixed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It is not nearly as core of an issue as the thief steal was. Imagine if Death Shroud just didn’t activate and went on CD if you used it while doing another action, and that’s similar to what we’re talking about.

Just don’t equip flesh of the master in open PvE (it isn’t remotely necessary, minions have very high base HP there anyway), and in PvP just don’t expect them to carry you in a downed fight. It is an issue, to be sure, but overstating its impact doesn’t help.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

rlhaas.5723

If the FotM bug happened once in 10 times, it’d be livable. It happens every single time.

‘Oh, just don’t equip a trait you should have every right to equip, who cares?’ Lol.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Feel free to equip the trait, but don’t complain when the trait functions in a known manner and you can fix the problem yourself by just not equipping a completely unnecessary trait.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

rlhaas.5723

It’s NOT unnecessary. For MM build the only other trait I can really put there is Greater Marks. Ooohhhh. What’s important to one may not be to another. It’s a bug that needs to be fixed, period. Or is it your opinion that it’s okay for a trait to be unusable? Pfft. Not using it isn’t fixing the problem, ‘friend’, it’s avoiding it.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I haven’t once said it shouldn’t be fixed. But you are not forced to use that trait as an MM, I am fully aware of what you do and don’t need for the build, and in PvE you don’t even need to go deeper than 2 points in DM for general roaming. So if you want to keep equipping a trait that is killing your minions, feel free. But there is a difference between continuously walking into a wall and complaining that it shouldn’t be there, and walking around the wall, pointing out it shouldn’t be there, and going about your day.

It’ll be fixed when its fixed. Until then, you know the consequences of using the trait.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

Feel free to equip the trait, but don’t complain when the trait functions in a known manner and you can fix the problem yourself by just not equipping a completely unnecessary trait. …It’ll be fixed when its fixed. Until then, you know the consequences of using the trait.

Duh!

Come on! If it’s a bug, and it is, let’s not even pretend what you have stated is helpful in anyway. It’s enough to say that it is an ACKNOWLEDGED Bug.

FotM is an awesome Trait that has been broken, it needs fixed.

(edited by Kuldebar.1897)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

It is good advice. You can either have minions constantly despawn because you demand to use a bugged trait, or you unequip the trait until its fixed.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

It is good advice. You can either have minions constantly despawn because you demand to use a bugged trait, or you unequip the trait until its fixed.

I don’t think pretending a broken Trait is “alright” or acceptable is the way to go. Bringing it up, berating and calling attention to the issue seems far more practical from the standpoint of Official Forum Posting.

Sure, in game, why use a broken Trait if it will cause you grief? But sticking one’s head in the sands when it comes to communication with ANet is not helpful.

The game already forces its players to play the margins of “fun” far too often, everyone has a limit to what they can ignore or shrug off.

Not like ANet has a very good track record of putting players at ease with simple acknowledgement and validation.

in Necromancer

rlhaas.5723

Seriously. I created this topic to see if anyone else had heard the bug was fixed or at least heard that Anet knows this bug is here and are working to find a fix, not to have someone come in and tell me not to use it. Oh gee, I’d never thought of that Bob. Thanks for that tip.

Anyway, some may not think it’s a ‘needed’ trait, but it’s a trait I should be able to use if I think it’s needed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: osiris.4623

osiris.4623

I wont be logging into the game until its been fixed.

goodbye

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I don’t think pretending a broken Trait is “alright” or acceptable is the way to go. Bringing it up, berating and calling attention to the issue seems far more practical from the standpoint of Official Forum Posting.

Sure, in game, why use a broken Trait if it will cause you grief? But sticking one’s head in the sands when it comes to communication with ANet is not helpful.

The game already forces its players to play the margins of “fun” far too often, everyone has a limit to what they can ignore or shrug off.

Not like ANet has a very good track record of putting players at ease with simple acknowledgement and validation.

I was the first person to report it in the bug section as bugged the exact same day the patch hit. So yeah, I’m totally hiding my head in the sand here.

I posted because people were using ridiculous exaggerations of how badly the trait is bugged and making assertions about priorities that make absolutely no sense, and then acting like they are forced to take the trait and have absolutely no option other than to deal with minions being desummoned constantly.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Still at work so I can’t test myself, but I don’t suppose this bug got fixed in today’s patch?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Still bugged. I wouldn’t count on it being fixed in a hotfix. Anything that doesn’t totally break the game (like 50k damage chaos storms, or major bugs to profession mechanics) tends to wait for regular patches to be fit in.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Solus.3926

Solus.3926

the crashes and disconnects have priority over game play … after all, if you can’t stay logged in, you can’t play with any minions anyway.

its a very serious game-breaking-bug … it needs to be a priority fix!

I am the menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

in Necromancer

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

the crashes and disconnects have priority over game play … after all, if you can’t stay logged in, you can’t play with any minions anyway.

What crashes and disconnects? o.o

Been playing for almost 3 weeks now, never disconnected or crashed once, even in high population zones with lots of stuff happening

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

in Necromancer

osiris.4623

Fixed?

/15

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

nope

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

never!
because you play a non viable profession for tournaments that is also not played by developers and of course that buid you play isn’t played by sizer. XD

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

rlhaas.5723

lol sigh you’re right.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Solus.3926

Solus.3926

What crashes and disconnects? o.o

Been playing for almost 3 weeks now, never disconnected or crashed once, even in high population zones with lots of stuff happening

these

Fixed various server and client crashes.
Fixed various client crashes.
Fixed an issue in which players would disconnect when quitting a storyline via the Story Journal.
Fixed an issue that caused the client launcher to freeze.
Fixed a server crash and various client crashes.

they, ANet, may get to fix the Necromance, but untill then, I’m not holding my breath, and I’ve stopped playing …

I am the menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

More likely it will be announced as part of design.

in Necromancer

osiris.4623

I haven’t logged into the game for a while now. I’ve found something else. Getting ready to stop checking the forums. I spend a fair amount on the cash shops too. Anet, you lost me. I’ll probably check back with the game in six months or so.

I did have fun with your game. Thank you for that.

All you Necromancers out there…I salute you! Catch ya later

-Troglodyte Prime