Flesh Wurm - Revised (Recent DS NERF)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drakril.4058

Drakril.4058

With the newest necro DS nerf, lets take a look at the only real Survive/Escape skill that the necro has… (Spectral walk was really only viable for the DS gain/cliff jumps, the return teleport is too predictable to gain distance)

Any ideas on how to improve/revise this utility…

Make it more for the " survive" aspect

1 – Reduce Cast time of Wurm to 1 sec
– Remove attack/Make invulnerable
– Instead of poison field on Sac, give swiftness/vigor to the necro
– Remains a stun breaker/blast

2 – Reduce cast of wurm to 1 sec
– Keep wurm specs the same (increase HPs possibly)
– instead of destroying the wurm on teleport, allow it to “change places”
– Have a cooldown of 15 seconds until the next teleport can be made.
– Remove Poison/blast
– reduce distance of teleport to 900

3 – Instead of this being a minion, make it a straight up teleport like entering a wurm hole. reduce range to 900 to be equivalent to other class teleports. Instant cast, stun breaker no blast.

Or if ANet wants to keep Necro from ever being able to escape a fight lets change this utility to be more viable in a battle…

Necrotic Implosion

1 – Keep everything with the wurm abilities the same
– When Imploding the wurm, all enimies (max 5) in a range of 600/900 are pulled into the implosion and stunned/knocked down for (2,3 seconds?) Remove the poison effect. Keep the blast!
– remove the teleportation/stun breaker for the necro
***I like this for mark/well drops, makes them more useful. Or if you need a get away it gives you some time to add distance. Its more versatile then just an “escape route”

let me know what you think!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

1 – No. Its a minion, it is supposed to attack.

2 – No. Changing places at best does nothing, because the Flesh Wurm just dies. At worst though, your enemy is smart (or you get unlucky) and the wurm takes a little while to die, effectively increasing the CD.

3 – No thanks. MM has been hit with nerfs quite a lot, don’t need another one.

Really all that Flesh Wurm needs is for the blast to apply at your location, and a slight cast time reduction.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Really all that Flesh Wurm needs is for the blast to apply at your location, and a slight cast time reduction.

This and I dont think there is anything to add in regards to fleshwurm.

in Necromancer

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

I think out of combat it should be aloud to move with you. This way you’re not stuck to an area, and don’t have to pop the worm JUST to move to a different area.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

I may be desperated alone in this opinion, but i would actually love to get rid of the on demand port part of the skill. Id love the idea of a long range “siege” kind minion, that follows you around with some kind of on demand big cast time AOE cc and damage spell, much like the giant icewurms in FGS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

I’d like Flesh Wurm to have piercing attacks. If you don’t like popping your Flesh Wurm when moving, instead switch to the minion you don’t have equipped. That way you have as many minions as you had previously, can be mobile and can switch back to wurm when its’ cd is up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Although I do agree that the recent Deathshroud nerf put a nice dent in our survival and I can’t find the words why it was done, I don’t think messing with Wurm would compensate for that. I think a much easier way would have been just roll back certain Spectral Buffs a bit and all would have been fine. Anyway…

The only interesting change imo would be the implosion-type reaction when you teleport away.
But… as was said earlier… the only thing Wurm really needs is the blast to happen where YOU are, not the wurm itself. Other than that, the skill is actually really fine

p.s. trust me, you DON’T wanna swap places with it. That would hurt you more than benefit you.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel