Flesh Wurm

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bubblez.4612

Bubblez.4612

If anet doesnt give necros a blink ability then they should at least reduce the cast time of flesh wurm down to 1/2 seconds. This way we would get at least a little more mobility and be able to outrun people better. It sucks not being able to hardly ever get away from people.

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vagelis.9562

Vagelis.9562

No, we are an attrition based class … i know right >.>

Revive Tybalt Leftpaw, only guy obsessed with sth other than Dragons Zombies or outrunning centaurs

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’d much prefer that they increase the range a bit. We’re not supposed to have general mobility, but having very limited mobility like this would make things much better. It also has the added effect of essentially what you want, but trading a faster teleport for a longer one.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

I’d prefer that, instead of killing the wurm, using the teleport ability just switch necro’s and wurm’s places.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I’d prefer that, instead of killing the wurm, using the teleport ability just switch necro’s and wurm’s places.

This could potentially artificially increase the CD of the skill. It doesn’t particularly accomplish anything special, except delay the time it takes for Wurm to die and put the skill on CD, and if you were in such big trouble that you had to TP out, wurm is unlikely to live the full duration to give you a second TP.

My PvP Minion Build

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

I am ok with an lightly increased CD, and wasn’t thinking about using the tp a second time. Just feel sorry for the little wurm guy that gives its life so that we can tp a couple of meters.

I prefer that it dies a honorable dead, fighting some enemies. And, talking about pve, it can even take some agro and give you some extra seconds to do your thing.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

One quality of Life change I’d like to see is having the effects of Necrotic Traversal being centered on your position instead of the wurm’s. The Blast finisher on that skill might as well not exist right now.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Remorhas.2963

Remorhas.2963

What I wish they would add if if you somehow was able to summon it on-top of a wall and use tranversal you could TP onto the wall,now that could be useful in WvW you could TP on-top the wall above the gate and fend off defenders.

“I’ll regret the day you are something but now you are nothing”-Markiplier

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

What I wish they would add if if you somehow was able to summon it on-top of a wall and use tranversal you could TP onto the wall,now that could be useful in WvW you could TP on-top the wall above the gate and fend off defenders.

This is exactly why the TP operates as it does right now. Or you could have zergs of 50 MM Necromancers that run around teleporting directly into your keeps and towers without any way to defend against them.

My PvP Minion Build

Flesh Wurm

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

If anet doesnt give necros a blink ability then they should at least reduce the cast time of flesh wurm down to 1/2 seconds. This way we would get at least a little more mobility and be able to outrun people better. It sucks not being able to hardly ever get away from people.

Well… the long cast time is a bit of a pain, but my recommendation would be to summon the wurm before a fight starts. Let’s say you see a group of enemies and you want to engage. If things go south, which way would you run? Back. So you summon the wurm at the back somewhere. It will wait like a loyal pet that it is, and when you need it, the cast will be instant, and you’ll port backwards.

Another little “trick” I’d recommend is that if you KNOW that you are in the deep end (the kitten hit the fan), try making your enemies face the camera away from your wurm… like in the pic below. This will cause some confusion and will buy you an extra few seconds to get away while they figure out where this porting necro went :P

Attachments:

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)