Foot in the Grave is useless now

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

As of today it provides 1 stack of 3-second Stability on entering Death Shroud.

Not even mentioned in the patch notes.

Leman

in Necromancer

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I’m actually quite disappointed how much this GM trait got hammered this patch for Necro, especially in the pvp aspect.

I tended to like running my tank shroud build and was quite happy when I wasn’t being tossed around like a ping-pong ball as usually whenever I popped shroud. Was good for secure rezzing and stomping.
It’s not like necro’s get a huge access to stability in the first place and yet this handy trait I found was severely cut in effectiveness.

But now that its only 1 stack, is it even worth taking anymore? This kinda goes for all modes as well since it came in handy for some pve and wvw aspects as well.

If not, any other suggestions for a shroud necro then to take its place?
I already have Near to Death, Vital Persistence, Unholy Sanc, Death shiver and Shroud Removal. Looking for something to compliment the tanky side of shroud.

Duty is heavier than death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

wtf are you kidding me?

Sorry but thats not enough. As of now deathly perception is the clear winner for that slot!

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Its at the point where you wouldnt even take it as an adept trait. Useless is the word. Once again anet dont understand how change they make wilo effect necro because they dont play it.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Kilger.5490

Do they realise its now worse than ranger adept trait “shared anguish” which is on all the time until needed. This is an insult.

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Hahahahhaa freaking anet, slapping the necro in the face since 2011. Hey anet do you really think this pos trait is worth a godkitten grandmaster trait. Why don’t you just make us more cc prone. You are terrible. Do you just hate necros. This is a godkitten joke anet. Freaking just hate necros. Do you have anyone there that even godkitten plays necros or do you just make godkitten random poor decisions. Ridiculous.

(edited by Gryph.8237)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

It is worthless. If it had 5-8 stacks (or pulsed 2 stacks of stability every 3 seconds) I would deem it questionably worthy of taking over 50% increase in critical hit chance.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

Maybe this 3 seconds of stability is the only one left in game that stacks duration.

-.-

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

yup. this wouldve been a perfect time to buff this trait a bit.

but at least we got all those awesome downed state changes, huh? Yaaaaaay

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

yup. this wouldve been a perfect time to maybe this trait a bit.

but at least we got all those awesome downed state changes, huh? Yaaaaaay

Duh, it is where Anet wants the Necromancers…

… Downed…

… Not bullying Engineers…

…. Which is also why FitG works like this, Engineers, Stability is a nerf to ping pong…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

they did mention it in the patch notes
General
Stability: This boon has been changed from a duration stack type to an intensity stack type. Crowd-control effects will remove one instance of stability apiece each time they are applied. Each ability and trait has been adjusted to apply a certain number of stacks. All instances of stability not listed in these release notes will remain at one stack.

I agree this skill is even worst now

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

FitG went from really bad to just plain worthless. RIP

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rainshadow.4926

Rainshadow.4926

Please give more stacks- this is a grandmaster trait and should be more powerful. It is not worth putting points into at this point.

Rainshadow
Blackgate
Tempest Wolves[TW]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vatt.4695

Vatt.4695

Now this trait should be moved to minor traitlines.

Still will be worse than Revenant stab on evade lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

FiTG went from an alright trait to totally useless. It was pretty much a staple in all builds that I used… after 2852 hours on necromancer, necromancer will no longer be my main.

Theoretically, this change is balanced because of the high uptime of stability. But because this change is on necromancers, it’s not balanced for necromancers.

No more outplaying opponents in outnumbered fights… or even 1v1 for that matter!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKEWvkL5Q9g&t=120

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It is worthless. If it had 5-8 stacks (or pulsed 2 stacks of stability every 3 seconds) I would deem it questionably worthy of taking over 50% increase in critical hit chance.

That’s the kicker really… the cost of choosing this trait was really what got in the way prior. I almost always included it on my condi builds. Power there was just no way to justify it.

But now it’s not even worth considering on condi builds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

God make it like Revenant and give us a Stunbreak on entering DS instead. Way more useful. This wasn’t good before and now it is EVEN WORSE. A-Net really needs to hire at least 2 new balance guys that are Necromancer-Mains…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

God make it like Revenant and give us a Stunbreak on entering DS instead. Way more useful. This wasn’t good before and now it is EVEN WORSE. A-Net really needs to hire at least 2 new balance guys that are Necromancer-Mains…

I think 1 stack of stability AND stun break on entering DS would be fantastic.
Deserves a thread of it’s own IMO.

No way to really buff this trait without it still being mediocre at 1-2 stacks/3s duration. Pulsing stability would be OP.

I vote for stunbreak and stability.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Nice changes…Now can we like ummm….Delete this trash trait?

Rev waves at you with a stab on dodge

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Screw that it should still be a minor it sucks so bad. Grandmaster trait my corpse

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spazza.6024

Spazza.6024

I agree this change kind of sucks.. I mean… at least make it 2-3 stacks.. 1 is too low…..

Necro Main – Spazzcromancer
Necro Alt – Spazza The Troll

in Necromancer

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

I’m actually happy for this change. I like Deathly Perception sooo much more, but felt I had to run this mediocre trait in WvW. Now it’s no contest.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

What is the ICD on the stability? Hope it is not defined, just reset on entering DS. FitG was only supposed to last 3 sec, anyway.

Other professions complaining about 10 stacks getting burned away before the skill is up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Well done…. well done.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I was hoping anet would fix this trait as its been debated on how good it was with heavy leaning towards bad. And the absent mindedness of this patch just drove this trait into the ground. I wouldn’t take it if it was a master trait. If it was adept I’d consider it but as it stands, no. Not worth taking. Now Soul reaping only really has 1 worthwhile grandmaster.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

They should make this the 3 point minor in DM. That’s about what it’s worth now.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

…No way to really buff… Pulsing stability would be OP.

This is why they should scrap the trait and entirely redesign necro stab. Currently, bad design prevents the trait from being buffed into usefulness.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Necromancer

Posted by: Uriel.6310

Uriel.6310

How disappointing yet I am not surprised. I am still amazed from a few patches back where =0.5 from locust swarm is considered a buff to our mobility. Honestly, the devs are total disconnected with the necro community and haven’t shown much effort to help us… They may as well change this class from Necromancer to Ping Pongancer cause thats exactly what we’re about to be.

GW2 was never made to be more innovative than other MMOs, it was made to be different than GW1.

(edited by Uriel.6310)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

They should make this the 3 point minor in DM. That’s about what it’s worth now.

What is the revenant trait that gives the exact same stacks of stability on effectively the same CD (about 10s to get endurance for a dodge, less w/ vigor)? It should be there.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

What is the revenant trait that gives the exact same stacks of stability on effectively the same CD (about 10s to get endurance for a dodge, less w/ vigor)? It should be there.

Would you mind if I copy that signature of yours? sniped

Teef master race

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Would you mind if I copy that signature of yours? sniped

Do not hesitate whatsoever.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

The revenant one is actually still MUCH better and more practical.
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/gw2-retribution-revenant-traits1.jpg

Master minor. GG every body.

Edit:
Hearth of Thorns March 16 Update:
- In light of further testing. We realized Revenant was panning out to simply be a polished Necromancer. Because of this we decided to remove the necromancer in HoT. All existing 80 Necromancers will become Revenants.
- Light Armor on Necromancers will be converted to relevant equivalents as heavy armor.
- All current Necromancer files will be burned in a Bon-dhuumfire.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

The revenant one is actually still MUCH better and more practical.
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/gw2-retribution-revenant-traits1.jpg

Master minor. GG every body.

Edit:
Hearth of Thorns March 16 Update:
- In light of further testing. We realized Revenant was panning out to simply be a polished Necromancer. Because of this we decided to remove the necromancer in HoT. All existing 80 Necromancers will become Revenants.
- Light Armor on Necromancers will be converted to relevant equivalents as heavy armor.
- All current Necromancer files will be burned in a Bon-dhuumfire.

I’d actually be ok with this because it would mean that they may actually redo the god kitten class. We have literally nothing that we do better than other classes except die.

Mobility?
– Locusts
– Spectral Walk

Stability?
– What’s a stability?

Blinks/Escapes?
– Hah (especially now that Wurm’s somewhat broken)

Damage?
– Warriors, Rangers, Thieves, and Eles are arguably better

Sustain?
– Warriors, Guardians, and Eles are definitely better. In fact, any class with access to an invuln is better.

Tanking?
– Nope, Warriors and Guardians definitely have us beat there.

Group Support?
– You’re joking right?

Necros feel like a mix of ideas haphazardly throw around until they resembled something vaguely functional and I sincerely feel that unless the specialization is the most amazing thing ever, that the profession will become largely abandoned.

ANet stated that they wanted Necros to be an attrition class. Unfortunately, you can’t very well be an attrition class if every other class in the game can pretty much roll over you without so much as a second glance or escape. Likewise, we have no reliable methods to keep people in our zone of control either, which further detracts from our ability to whittle others down. So we’re left standing there while the other classes run circles around us with their fancy condition removals, teleports, and stability.

The state of Necros at the moment is god kitten pathetic.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Uriel.6310

Uriel.6310

I think we have only one purpose in this game, boon and condition manipulation which explains why we are even taken in WvW.. and despite that, a mesmer could do that same yet provide much more utility for their team.

GW2 was never made to be more innovative than other MMOs, it was made to be different than GW1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avruk.2953

Avruk.2953

It is not ‘Foot in the Grave’ anymore it is more like ‘Nail in the Coffin’.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dhampyr.2813

Dhampyr.2813

It should let us move in down state. Viable down state build FTW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

its not condition manipulation just condition transfer i think the revenant get actually condition manipulation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Cool. Glad my favorite trait just got nerfed. GG anet, gg.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

How disappointing yet I am not surprised. I am still amazed from a few patches back where =0.5 from locust swarm is considered a buff to our mobility. Honestly, the devs are total disconnected with the necro community and haven’t shown much effort to help us… They may as well change this class from Necromancer to Ping Pongancer cause thats exactly what we’re about to be.

I now have an appropriate signature.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Topha.1582

Topha.1582

Totally disappointed.
Call me Pingpongmancer now, one CC and it’s over.
We appreciate your consideration for this grandmaster trait, now i can’t go deep anymore behind enemy lines, so sad..

in Necromancer

Posted by: tyler.2569

tyler.2569

Personally, I really enjoyed FitG: I really liked playing a shroud bunker in sPvP, and this trait was one of my favorites. It’s really sad to see the nerf it’s taken

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Personally, I really enjoyed FitG: I really liked playing a shroud bunker in sPvP, and this trait was one of my favorites. It’s really sad to see the nerf it’s taken

The sad part is… I think it was an unintended nerf.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

You know, I have over 3k hours now on my WvW necro, I have a ranger for pve because you know, damage, but this may finally make me put the old fellow out of his misery (loot mule). From what I am hearing the revenant will be much more along the lines of what attrition should have been for us and it even gets heavy armor.

At this point even a greatsword with godly abilities would still not make up for the total and complete deconstruction of this class from the beta weekend onward.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

It was terrible before. Death should flashing is a myth.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Kilger.5490

UGH… tried playing last night with no FitG.. yea ping pong is right. I am so dependant on a few clinch seconds of stability on demand when zerg cc hits.

I dont even care about the extra 50% crit chance because Im too busy picking myself off the ground. This definately impacts my play experience with necro.

Even a 3 stack may be enough to work…

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

It needs to refresh itself every 3-5 secs, be at least at 3 stacks, or at least make it a stunbreak. It is very useless right now…
Anyway fixing all these traits seems like they are giving the class some attention

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

It needs to refresh itself every 3-5 secs, be at least at 3 stacks, or at least make it a stunbreak. It is very useless right now…
Anyway fixing all these traits seems like they are giving the class some attention

Pelopidas, plz give us another quote that we can all put in our signature to show Anet this class needs fixing ASAP -.-

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas, plz give us another quote that we can all put in our signature to show Anet this class needs fixing ASAP -.-

Hahahahhaha ill really try
PS ive started on ascended dire for my ranger after watching the trapper vid;)

in Necromancer

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Well, Foot in the Grave shouldn’t have been a GM trait to begin with now the devs just gave you one more reason not to use it.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Hahahahhaha ill really try
PS ive started on ascended dire for my ranger after watching the trapper vid;)

Oh nice, wish I wasn’t so lazy so I could do the same… well exotics it is i guess :P

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯