Fractal Necro?

Fractal Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

Today I’m off of work and thinking about trying out Fractals with my Necro, or at least preparing to try them out.

I’m a longtime casual player, and frankly I have no clue what I’m getting into other than knowing that Fractals are, in terms of difficulty, around a shade or two below raiding and a shade or two above dungeons.

My build is basically this right now, though I’ve invested in a couple of ascended trinkets as time has gone by whose stats I can’t find in the build maker: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQJARWnc0AlbitbCu2A0biFcBLuK2FDjQXtAQLgqL0GeWA-TBCBABVcJAMS5ng7Pog5PJUCij6PA8EASRXApAiYMA-e

So how would you change this build for Fractals? What should I expect to be my biggest challenges? Are there any good resources or guides on this sort of thing? I’m doing research now and having a bit of trouble. My googlekittenhas failed me.

Fractal Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warscythes.9307

Warscythes.9307

Swap out staff for axe/warhorn or dagger/warhorn, staff is quite useless in 99% of the cases.

Blood fiend or Vampirism is actually the better heal, YSIM can be used situationally but the idea is that you want to maximize damage and blood fiend is like a heal signet that does a pitiful amount of damage.

Take the two wells in 90% of the cases, the one that deal damage and apply vulnerably, second one should either be the boon corrupt or blind depends on situation. Third slit can be CPC, wurm, locust depends on the situation. One stun breaker is good depends on situation, YAAW is ok. Rise the general fit if you are unsure. Flesh golem is the go to elite these days unless you NEED burst in which case go with lich form.

Spiteful talisman > Bitter chill, take rending shroud in master tier.

Run chilling nova if you have only 1 shout, 2+ go with augury. Take decimate defense in master tier almost always. BB is meh, take onslaught once you feel ok with the survivability.

Consider dhuumfire in SR if you can max crit without it.

Always take sigil of force on one of your weapon slots. Rune set should be strength/scholar/flamelegion of sort.

Consider blood magic>sr for some minor group healing and transfusion.

Fractal Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

So for maximizing DPS, something like this would be better? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNAR4dnM0Atbit0A20As3glcBLuK2FHjUlh1wzCKA0AWBA-TxhAABVr+jO7PctyPJVCCwTAYgLCQ06GCAcAM8wJchDGf8xHf8xb4hHe4hHuUAQssC-e

Swapped gear to full sinister with Flame Legion (similar to Baelfire but better for dhuumfire trait) kept all spec trees, but went for dhuumfire and vuln spreading, along with getting crit bonus for the amount of vuln on enemies in order to potentially reach 100% crit against enemies with 25 vuln stacks.

Dhuumfire turns the Shroud into a heavier hitter, and most of the damage the old build had with Gravedigger was preserved, making it a viable chain-slam when enemies are below 50% health if Shroud isn’t up, especially with Closer to death. YAAW as a stun break and then wells for added damage and life drain combos. Blood fiend for healing and a little added DPS.

In a pinch, Spite can be swapped for Blood Magid to give added life drain and either boosted Wells from Vampiric Rituals or added healing in Shroud from Transfusion.

Anything else I’ll need to work on in Factals other than a build?