Freeze build rune discussion

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

So, I’m rocking a freeze build at the moment:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQRAoY4djMaV7VaiaM8JCoHvHXOL6RxOGzoKsOA;T4AA2CooEyAlAK7POhk/suYcx5itBvLmGA

I vary the wells/abilities depending on the scenario, and switch to ground cast wells when sieging a keep etc. – it’s jolly good fun and extremely effective in 1v1 or chasing runners.

My question is this – do you think given the 110% freeze duration I could drop the other runes and go with Rune of the Ice for 6/6 and the 5% damage bonus? It’d mean more damage and more HP, but 40% less freeze. That’d put me at 70% (I believe ANet round to the nearest .25s for durations) or 75% freeze duration, but I suppose I’d only actually lose 25% (as 110% will be rounded down to 100% I suppose).

(a note on freeze duration sigils – the Major sigil is 20% and works, the superior is 10% and doesn’t… )

What do you chaps think?

EDIT: actualy, after considering rounding and the fact it’ll be 75% (from 70%) instead of 100% (from 110%) I think it’s a no-brainer. Will test and report back.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

You link doesn’t work

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.