Full Support Scourge Gameplay [Video]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

Hey guys, here’s a good chunk of my beta weekend footage showing off the power and entertainment that is Support Scourge:

I’m excited to see the development of the playstyle and I miss it already. As always feel free to discuss here or in the comments, I hope you enjoy, and have a wonderful day!

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

Looks like you had quite some fun there

I’m actually very surprised at your utility choices. How did all the punishments do in your opinion? Most see them as fairly weak (and I admit, I am still uncertain on several of them), would you keep them as they are in the future, or do you think regular skills will turn out better.

Glad others see value in a somewhat supporty scourge, too. Sometimes it feels like I’m the only one that does, at least in this forum >_>

in Necromancer

Zero Solstice.9754

Looks like you had quite some fun there

I’m actually very surprised at your utility choices. How did all the punishments do in your opinion? Most see them as fairly weak (and I admit, I am still uncertain on several of them), would you keep them as they are in the future, or do you think regular skills will turn out better.

Glad others see value in a somewhat supporty scourge, too. Sometimes it feels like I’m the only one that does, at least in this forum >_>

I had a blast, and I already want the build back ;__;

I quite liked the punishments in total; at first I used them along with Feed From Corruption with Boon Duration on my gear for the total synergy, but even after I moved away from FfC into Sand Savant, I still find them to be better than some other choices. Spectral Armor instead of Trail of Anguish could be good, but at double the cooldown I’m not so sure the potential increase in Life Force generation is worth the downtime on a stun break. Dessicate is quite good at upkeeping Life Force if you literally just spam it off cooldown, but that’s somewhat lackluster in design and I hope they modify this ability a bit. Serpent Siphon is actually pretty sweet, since the barrier scales quite well, it hits up to 5 targets in a good radius, and it’s unblockable, but I mainly used it because Sand Swell got disabled for a good chunk of the weekend (Rest In Peace). Ghastly Breach because there’s literally no better choice.

I love playing support style builds, but being a Necro purist there was never a good space for that in this game for me. Scourge being focused on Support and Condi has me very excited, since Condi is my primary playstyle and Support is bae, and I’m stoked that the support element is as capable and entertaining as it is.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

I had a blast, and I already want the build back ;__;

I know how you feel. If I could swap my necroreaper to a scourge right now, I would.

Really nice to hear about the punishments. I admit I forgot to test the snakes on the weekend, that skill may be a sleeper hit for the playstyle I am looking for.

Interesting feedback on the other utilities. I admit that I saw Dessicate as the only worthwhile punishment, and its good to see I may have been wrong indeed. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Not my idea of Scourge, wich I think is more best defence is a good offence kinda style. Putting condi AoE pressure like no other, but still enjoyed the Vid and nice to see what u can do with support in case of pumping out barrier like that.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Zero Solstice.9754

Not my idea of Scourge, wich I think is more best defence is a good offence kinda style. Putting condi AoE pressure like no other, but still enjoyed the Vid and nice to see what u can do with support in case of pumping out barrier like that.

I feel you, I like the fact that it can go both ways with its scaling; either offense is weak but defense is strong, or defense is weak but offense is strong.

~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

What were your traits/runes?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Zero Solstice.9754

What were your traits/runes?

Magi weapons, Minstrel armor, Nomad Trinkets, Rune of Water because no better options came out of the box, same with Energy Leeching on both weapon sets.

~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tick.1605

Tick.1605

nice man i peronsaly also loved the bunker scourge so fun

Lil Ticklers Necro PvP Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBoe48h7tEhzal3sPEepIIg

in Necromancer

Zero Solstice.9754

nice man i peronsaly also loved the bunker scourge so fun

It was pretty much everything I wanted it to be

~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Posted by: Waffle.3748

Waffle.3748

Really nice to hear about the punishments. I admit I forgot to test the snakes on the weekend, that skill may be a sleeper hit for the playstyle I am looking for.

The skill also makes a hilariously awesome hissing sound when it goes off as well.

in Necromancer

Zero Solstice.9754

The skill also makes a hilariously awesome hissing sound when it goes off as well.

Don’t tread on snek

~Bhawb.7409