Fun build for open world solo PVE/Story/WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamersuman.6943

gamersuman.6943

I recently restarted playing GW2 and I rolled a necromancer since I never played this class. Now, I want to make this class a bit casual and only use it for story/open world solo PVE and casual WvW. Please suggest me a fun build. Is the pet build fun/viable?

in Necromancer

Posted by: hennrick.4623

hennrick.4623

You are asking a reeeeally broad topic, but in my opinion…

First of all, minions tend to screw up a lot, but sometimes in open field battles is good to unleash the little horde on the enemies: in any case i always keep one slotted if i want to grab a skill point in a sneaky way, letting him aggro enemies while i pick without fighting.
Signet of the locust is a must because gives that movement speed that is so good for exploring and i always keep that when i can.

Other skills are up to you… for real, rather than keeping one or two fixed move them all around when needed.

For traits stats and weapons i suggest you berserker stats if you want to clear the quickest as possible, knight if you still want direct damage but want to take on more enemies, a stat with condi if you wanna kite loads of enemies or fight big bosses alone and healing if you want to go drain; daggers are for risky but quick kills, axe do nuke damage and staff and scepter can stack condition and kite loads of enemies… for traits well, that depends too much on what you do, but try to go the most open possible and avoid to pick too many traits that force you to stay in ds for too much long – it can be boring being locked in 4 skills for a lot of time!

have fun!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

If you aim for open world and story, I believe the most comfortable pick would be Condition build. It provides very efficient, constant AoE while maintaining groups of mobs (most events are fighting vs. multiple) with your CCs and damage reductions.

My advice would be to pick mainhand scepter, get Locust signet for quicker movement and Epidemic for condition spreading on your utility bar, then go 6 into Curses for Lingering Curse.

From here you’re free to choose and experiment. PvE outside of dungeons isn’t especially restrictive. Your conditions, spreaded by Epidemic, will let you progress through events with multiple mobs fairly quickly and safely.

As for gear, make sure that Condition damage statistic is highest of all 3. Rest can be Power, Precision or Toughness. Healing Power and Vitality don’t really do great job for Necro in PvE, but you can still use them if you so desire.

Keep in mind, though, that PvE Dungeons play differently. People tend to demand using most effective speedrun builds from others and Condition build, while it will surely kill and not die quickly, isn’t the quickest way to kill possible as it has ramp-up time.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alkaline.2809

Alkaline.2809

This is the build i use in silverwastes and when I am doing open world pve http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNAndWjc0UZb1NO2wejiahSGorzA4ajh65oNqWA-TRSDwAH3fonyvEPAQJ4L1fKcEAApPAg5PFnAAIHCASBExQL-e

The build is no way a meta but its the build I enjoy the most. I use the axe for regeneration of life force so I can camp in deathshroud most of the time. It hits really hard and what some might find boring I enjoy it.