GS Necro in Teamfights Even Worse

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

I really don’t like making dramatic crybaby posts like this, but I am pretty bummed about how hard the power-oriented GS builds are to use in remotely competitive PvP.

I get that it has to be slow. I get that it has terrible range for its speed, and that actually landing an attack is one in a million if you’re fighting competent players. (Of course, you can always hit other Reapers.)

But now they’re pushing down our teamfight survivability by a ton and taking away the only bit of synergy we had because dagger Reapers are strong. Has anyone at Anet tried PvPing on a GS Reaper? I can see that dagger Reaper was/is strong, but did we have to make it even harder to run the GS? It’s one of the most frustrating experiences I’ve had in this game. You just eat crowd control and get focus fired effortlessly because everyone knows you can’t escape and won’t generate enough LF to counter the focus. I’ve played many other classes and builds, and this one is clearly just weak. I would honestly have an easier time running the axe as my primary source of damage in PvP.

Reapers need to be inherently tanky for this slow weapon to be worth anything because, in the process of trying to hit a mobile player, you will eat a ton of damage. You just will. And if you’re in a teamfight, you will get focused. Again, you just will. Our survivability needs to scale better with the number of foes we have attacking us, because it’s usually going to be a lot.

/QQbuffgreatswordreaperplzit’sbad

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

I’ve been enjoying GS in pvp, 1vx and teamfights.

The main things I notice I want are stability while not in shroud, Death Spiral to do more damage, and the heinous aftercast of Gravedigger to be reduced so that it actually feels good to chain together without quickness. Oh, and I’d also like access quickness (beyond the excellent Superior Runes of Speed/Agility), but that’s less realistic.

I can get around the above, but they sure would go a long way to Reaper feel like what it was advertised to be and flow better.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warscythes.9307

Warscythes.9307

Greatsword will probably never see serious play due to its slow hitting nature. Unless you want them to boost the attack speed which kills the theme of the weapon then no, is never going to happen.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Clairenix.2780

Clairenix.2780

I’ve been enjoying GS in pvp, 1vx and teamfights.

The main things I notice I want are stability while not in shroud, Death Spiral to do more damage, and the heinous aftercast of Gravedigger to be reduced so that it actually feels good to chain together without quickness. Oh, and I’d also like access quickness (beyond the excellent Superior Runes of Speed/Agility), but that’s less realistic.

I can get around the above, but they sure would go a long way to Reaper feel like what it was advertised to be and flow better.

I’ve been making do with the stability from the elite shout, but It could use a stunbreak tho..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

Greatsword will probably never see serious play due to its slow hitting nature. Unless you want them to boost the attack speed which kills the theme of the weapon then no, is never going to happen.

I’d like to see the attacks affect much larger areas. Simple solution I’ve been preaching for a long time.

Make the auto attack send out conal frost or shadow effects for another 50-100 units. Up the range on gravedigger a bit. This wouldn’t make the weapon great, but it would be so much better.

I’m thinking something akin to Guardian staff but a power/DPS weapon.

Stays slow. Attacks land more. Good players will still be able to observe telegraphs and react. Everybody wins.

(edited by Jackalrat.5493)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jarvis.9540

Jarvis.9540

I’d like to see the attacks affect much larger areas. Simple solution I’ve been preaching for a long time.

Make the auto attack send out conal frost or shadow effects for another 50-100 units. Up the range on gravedigger a bit. This wouldn’t make the weapon great, but it would be so much better.

I’m thinking something akin to Guardian staff but a power/DPS weapon.

Stays slow. Attacks land more. Good players will still be able to observe telegraphs and react. Everybody wins.

I know this will never happen, but I adore this idea.

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

I’ve been using GS mainly for AoE blind and LF build up + a pull. I’ve really only used the GS to supplement DS, and it has worked pretty well in my favor. You should really only get off a few skills with GS before going back into shroud imo. When I ran dagger/WH the dps was a LOT higher, and I was adding a lot more pressure, but this new rotation is fun. I’ll admit, most of the fun I’m having is due to it being new. Reaper and GS are pretty underwhelming and a bit boring otherwise. The new shroud skills and look are my favorite part. DS3 particularly.

- Side note: Outside of PvP, I have run into a LOT of survivablity issues using the GS, and on more than a handful of occasions had to switch back to staff/Dagger or axe, and switch out of reaper. It probably should be a tad bit faster with the AA, not by much, but maybe 1/4 of a second faster. I’ve felt like a glass cannon without the cannon when fighting mini bosses or similar. Just my thoughts so far.

Teef master race

(edited by borrok.9267)