GS Power Reaper Roaming/Duels

in Necromancer

Posted by: Waffle.3748

Waffle.3748

Video Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIyFC0ruHIA

Hm. Patch was pretty kind to us overall. Nice buffs to GS and Reaper Shroud.

Build is nothing special, pretty meta Spite/SR/Reaper traits. Relatively durable, good sustain. Low-ish cleanse, but can be fixed by throwing on Consume Condition and/or Plague signet.

Link here:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJAWRnMbCdbitbCmbC0biFcBjKN0GeWxVxuYYE6qFAOAA-TVSGQBDUpRd0FcgnAQ9U/BAXCAqoEEG7PkElYDRZQAAEgbezs5NDcezbezbezzNv5Nv5NvZpACcrF-w

Hope you enjoy(ed). Have a great day.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZombieSlayeR.8702

ZombieSlayeR.8702

Gs/axe > GS/staff

~Nefras~

in Necromancer

Waffle.3748

Gs/axe > GS/staff

They’re both fine sets, I just like being able to poison/interrupt skills like Shelter, Shield Block, or Crystal Hybernation. Also being able to deny an unsecured heal or stomp is quite useful.

If I felt I wanted more offensive pressure I’d prob take gs/axe, otherwise staff wins out for me since I have enough damage and just want a utility option.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Gs/axe > GS/staff

They’re both fine sets, I just like being able to poison/interrupt skills like Shelter, Shield Block, or Crystal Hybernation. Also being able to deny an unsecured heal or stomp is quite useful.

If I felt I wanted more offensive pressure I’d prob take gs/axe, otherwise staff wins out for me since I have enough damage and just want a utility option.

Wail of Doom does the same thing, but on a slightly lower CD, but less range for interupt.

Been running a build almost identical to this since the start of HoT. But i use Axe/WH over staff.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

in Necromancer

Waffle.3748

Wail of Doom does the same thing, but on a slightly lower CD, but less range for interupt.

Been running a build almost identical to this since the start of HoT. But i use Axe/WH over staff.

Yeah, I just like the extra range. Just in case I or my friends squirrel off a bit and I need the range. Axe/WH is def a great offset, just my preference with staff.

My build has mostly stayed the same since HoT dropped with the exception of moving a few trinkets around here and there.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

hmmm is NA that bad? or you showing only the bad?

Half way into the video, all I see is chrono losing to power GS reaper which I don’t know how it can be manageable. Thieves not using SB(and losing lol) at all…. and players getting stunned and not using any stunbreaks…..

I am not saying this cause I think I am the best, it’s because the opponent game-play you showing is very different than mine on EU. I hope I’m not the only one noticing this.

in Necromancer

Waffle.3748

Half way into the video, all I see is chrono losing to power GS reaper which I don’t know how it can be manageable. Thieves not using SB(and losing lol) at all…. and players getting stunned and not using any stunbreaks…..

I am not saying this cause I think I am the best, it’s because the opponent game-play you showing is very different than mine on EU. I hope I’m not the only one noticing this.

Chrono messed up on his opener, so the initial pressure of power chrono wasn’t really there. From then on I kept up pressure as I could on him (for whatever reason he didn’t dodge CttB, prob from dodging in stealth) and he never regained control.

Thief got kitteny trying to blind my gravedigger and still stay near it, so I simply used a shout to clear and hit him with it. He then tried to headshot and shadowshot me, but I had moved behind a minion, so he got disoriented as he expected to be on me, with me blinded rather than in front with the Grasping Darkness coming into him. He could have used shortbow to kite around forever but I guess he didn’t feel like being a wuss.

I took a look at your vid you have linked in your sig and could say much the same about many of the players I saw in your video. In one of the camp fights a chrono simply backpedaled as you used RS4 on him, while the thief did not dodge or stunbreak after he got pulled into a gravedigger, though he had time. WvW is a weird place full of players of different skill levels. I’m sure you can find some truly awful players on EU, just like NA.

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

Chrono messed up on his opener, so the initial pressure of power chrono wasn’t really there. From then on I kept up pressure as I could on him (for whatever reason he didn’t dodge CttB, prob from dodging in stealth) and he never regained control.

Thief got kitteny trying to blind my gravedigger and still stay near it, so I simply used a shout to clear and hit him with it. He then tried to headshot and shadowshot me, but I had moved behind a minion, so he got disoriented as he expected to be on me, with me blinded rather than in front with the Grasping Darkness coming into him. He could have used shortbow to kite around forever but I guess he didn’t feel like being a wuss.

I took a look at your vid you have linked in your sig and could say much the same about many of the players I saw in your video. In one of the camp fights a chrono simply backpedaled as you used RS4 on him, while the thief did not dodge or stunbreak after he got pulled into a gravedigger, though he had time. WvW is a weird place full of players of different skill levels. I’m sure you can find some truly awful players on EU, just like NA.

Yeah since that video was just when HoT came so pretty much everyone still havent really used to the elites.

It’s not just in your video, else I wouldn’t mention it. I watch alot of NA players vids and .it is the same pattern. Sorry if it sounds eltist in a way, it is entirely out of curiousity
I also gave you like since you still playing gsshout reaper which I really liked

in Necromancer

Waffle.3748

Yeah since that video was just when HoT came so pretty much everyone still havent really used to the elites.

It’s not just in your video, else I wouldn’t mention it. I watch alot of NA players vids and .it is the same pattern. Sorry if it sounds eltist in a way, it is entirely out of curiousity
I also gave you like since you still playing gsshout reaper which I really liked

No worries man. After playing both EU and NA, I really haven’t noticed a difference tbh. Maybe I was in the wrong tiers for EU, but there’s a few really good players you might see once in a blue moon and then its about the same for both regions.

A lot of NA players admittedly (also guilty of this) don’t really put as much into production as I see on many EU. It’s mostly just “Hi, here’s fights from this week enjoy.” But it is what it is.

GS reaper is the truth.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

What were you expecting? If a necro wins against unfavorable match ups, which is almost all classes, then it’s because he outplayed them.

And that ultimately involved people being worse players.

It’s still pretty fun to watch.

NA is going to generally have less players dedicated to high level videogame play anyways, given NA has completely less permissive labor laws and average work hours that far exceed the EU ones.

That might change with the e-sport movement catching up in the US, which is still in its infancy even though some university programs have piloted e-sport programs. But that would still limit to professional play.

The average American has longer work hours by far than the average European to spend in practice. Less holidays, less paid time off work, longer hours.

Videogames also have more stigma since the US has prevailing motto of “if you don’t want to work long hours you’re lazy and a bad person not fit for progression in your career”. Good old Puritan ghosts still have an effect on morality.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

What were you expecting? If a necro wins against unfavorable match ups, which is almost all classes, then it’s because he outplayed them.

And that ultimately involved people being worse players.

It’s still pretty fun to watch.

NA is going to generally have less players dedicated to high level videogame play anyways, given NA has completely less permissive labor laws and average work hours that far exceed the EU ones.

That might change with the e-sport movement catching up in the US, which is still in its infancy even though some university programs have piloted e-sport programs. But that would still limit to professional play.

The average American has longer work hours by far than the average European to spend in practice. Less holidays, less paid time off work, longer hours.

Videogames also have more stigma since the US has prevailing motto of “if you don’t want to work long hours you’re lazy and a bad person not fit for progression in your career”. Good old Puritan ghosts still have an effect on morality.

haha. Never said that it is not fun to watch, I love seeing gs power reaeper footage!
And only watched the opponets play. Anyway it is seems to me, which I played alot of wvw and mostly roaming and small group roam, that NA vids are not on par with the EU one. But it is just me so sorry