GS only a power weapon?

GS only a power weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thaladred.1406

Thaladred.1406

Is GS only a power weapon, or can it work with a hybrid condi build since it has some chill in its rotation? Love the idea of conditions but don’t dig the scepter playstyle so much.

GS only a power weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I find greatsword to work best in pvp with celestial stats and deathly chill. I wouldn’t suggest using it with a pure condi based amulet, though viper could work, I wouldn’t chance it, since GS feels the best in a tankier setup.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

GS only a power weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It can probably work in a hybrid build, but Necro overall doesn’t do those fantastically.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

GS only a power weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thaladred.1406

Thaladred.1406

Fair enough, also this is for all game modes, pvp, wvw, pve. I’m guessing it’s only workable in pve.

GS only a power weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

Generally speaking the GS is our best power-weapon right now. So if you want to go for dps you take it.

You can also use it in a tanky set for PvP or WvW because the basedamage is good.

I would not use it with any kind of condition set.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

GS only a power weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Sadly for pvp Greatsword is too unreliable. If it hits it is amazing but often enemy players are smart enough to avoid the important stuff. Because of this dagger/warhorn is most of the time a better set to take in pvp.

GS only a power weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

Well because of all the CC, slow, knock-backs, pulls and so on I would currently don’t play any melee power-reaper. But the possibility is there for soldier reaper with GS.

In theory it works fine, but in practice with all the power-creep it performes sub-par.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth