Gaining life force while in deathshroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Moses.4296

Moses.4296

Q:

I have not noticed LF gain while in DS from kills. Am I just not paying enough attention or is this a bug/design? I did not find an answer to this in the bug list or google. IMO we should get alot more LF if we kill something in death shroud than out of it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tutch.2496

Tutch.2496

You gain life force from any nearby death, inside or outside DS. Also, Deathshroud #4 recharges a significant amount of LF.

Regarding the amount gained, it’s probably intended. Deathshroud is imo hard to balance, as it is a extra life bar and altough some details about it sucks (#2, I’m looking at you! Why aren’t you instant !?), I like it where it is, altough I’d really like if I didn’t have to put full 30 points at Reaper trait line just to get stability.

Tutch – level 80 Human Necromancer
Representing Raiding with Scissors [RWS]
Currently at Henge of Denravi

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

They had a problem during the later beta weekends with some players figuring out how to keep LF topped up so that they could stay in DS virtually constant. End result was a nigh unkillable Necro, unless everyone ganged up on him.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

They had a problem during the later beta weekends with some players figuring out how to keep LF topped up so that they could stay in DS virtually constant. End result was a nigh unkillable Necro, unless everyone ganged up on him.

Ahhh, sweet lovely DS, how i wish that you were the pre nerf one, stun break, stability, actually ok dps, immortality~ Thats kinda the fact over what we were balanced, noone could kill use and we could kill people who are dumb enough to fight for more than 70% of their hp gone (since you couldnt really do more than 3-4k a hit with the SR setup).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Moses.4296

Moses.4296

Well I just ran AC and did not gain LF a single time while in DS. While I was still getting the green globes it was not filling my LF bar at all. I had no conditions/taking damage at the time of kills to negate the gain.

On every boss and some trash I made sure I had around 50% LF when mobs died. I popped DS a few seconds before they would die and gained nothing. The only gains i got were from traits and sigil. Kind of a let down but guess I answered my own question.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thebacklash.8396

Thebacklash.8396

Well I just ran AC and did not gain LF a single time while in DS. While I was still getting the green globes it was not filling my LF bar at all. I had no conditions/taking damage at the time of kills to negate the gain.

On every boss and some trash I made sure I had around 50% LF when mobs died. I popped DS a few seconds before they would die and gained nothing. The only gains i got were from traits and sigil. Kind of a let down but guess I answered my own question.

just tossing out a thought here.. maybe there is an internal cool down we can’t see?
can’t gain LF after switching into DS for a bit.
I haven’t looked at my LF meter that closely in a while to notice though.

“People who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I noticed this too. Really thought #4 would refill my bar a bit…nope.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Our class is kittened up still, but no worries we should see a fix or two (literally) on the next patch.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Lets see, 3% pr hit, 5 targets max, 9 attacks.

In theory, Life Transfer should produce 135% LF under ideal conditions.

Even with a single target we should see a LF increase of 27%. But this is over some 3 seconds. What is the pr second drop of LF simply from being in DS again? Oddly, that seems to not be documented anywhere.

Ok now, lets say it is 5% (100 divided by 18, as i swear i counted 18 ticks from a full bar without Viral Persistence traited. That means that in the time LT gathers 27% we have lost 15%, leaving us with a net of 12%.

All this assumes that LT gets 3% pr attack. If it gets 3% pr target, it is basically worthless as a LF collector below 4 targets.

And with the current tooltip wording, it can be either way.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

digiowl.9620 – it is 4% pre second LS loss.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

ok, so 12% rather than 15. Leaving a net of 15, or 3 extra seconds if LT is used on a single target…

And that still depends on LT being 3% pr hit rather than 3% pr target.