Gear Question? Fresh Necro here !

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nico.2406

Nico.2406

Q:

Hi guys !

I reached level 80 today and I am really having fun with my necro so far, in pvp and wvw and pve !

So Im going to farm some exotic and hoopefully some ascendend gear too :p
My question is, what stats of gear should i aim for? Berserker or Valkyrie?
What Stats for PVE and raids, and what stats for WvW?

Thanks for answers !

Greetz

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Berserker is the default gear for the most part, and reaper is so survivable you dont really need toughness. However if you feel you do, knights and valkyrie arent bad options at all. Viper (Extremely expensive btw) is also a big thing in the necro world now due to how powerful condis are

welcome to the club

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

For Power-based armor, you can pretty much use whatever mix you want. That said, either Berserker or Valkyrie are probably your best bets, and you’d only go with Valkyrie if you plan on taking the Decimate Defenses trait 100% of the time. For PvE, Zerker is probably better overall since it’s very possibly to survive in n full Zerker gear, but it’s really up to you and your own preference.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Valkyrie is only worth taking in organised groups that will ensure 100% vuln up time and other precision buffs. I would always recommend berserkers for the majority of players and situations.

And then Vipers is best for condi obviously. Currently it seems condi reaper is better in raids so this might be what you want to go for. Its a little disappointing for me as power reaper is so much more fun to play. But I guess i should just be happy that reapers are now finally in a decent spot for groups.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Valkyrie is only worth taking in organised groups that will ensure 100% vuln up time and other precision buffs. I would always recommend berserkers for the majority of players and situations.

Valkyrie’s armor is going to slow you down significantly in many situations, though I don’t know that I’d go so far as to recommend Zerker for everyone. Mixing in some Valkyrie and Knights pieces will give you room to make more mistakes, so players interested in taking things a bit easier or player who aren’t as skilled might find that to be a better option for them. I know, usually zerker armor is better even for survival since killing reducing the duration of the fight also reduces the number of opportunities to screw up, but the Necromancer is a bit of an exception when it comes to that particular equation. Zerker stats don’t give you as much of a time advantage as durability stats give you a survival advantage.

Still, you’ll get better faster running Zerker stats, whereas durability stats will tend to breed complacency, so that’s another reason to run full Zerker. If you’re not particularly interested in improving quickly or if you’re willing to swap out pieces as the game starts to get too easy, a mix could be the best set for you.

And then Vipers is best for condi obviously. Currently it seems condi reaper is better in raids so this might be what you want to go for. Its a little disappointing for me as power reaper is so much more fun to play. But I guess i should just be happy that reapers are now finally in a decent spot for groups.

Yeah, though Viper gear is obscenely, hideously expensive. Sinister is still pretty close to Viper without being quite so spendy, and Rabid (or a Rabid/Carrion mix) is dirt cheap and perfectly fine for casual play.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Craft rabid and then convert it to vipers. Its not really that expensive. OP is asking what to aim for. Not what he can afford immediately.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

Craft rabid and then convert it to vipers. Its not really that expensive. OP is asking what to aim for. Not what he can afford immediately.

I would argue that for roaming PvE sinister>viper even though vipers gives better condition duration. We simply don’t get to see all the condition stacks run through before mobs die.

having that power really helps run through things, especially with precision.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Vipers gives more power than sinister and reaper doesnt need precision. So in reality even for open world vipers would be better.