Gearing for Scourge ?

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falados.7165

Falados.7165

So what kind of gear should i prepare myself to play as Scourge through POF ?

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: sylvnfox.7086

sylvnfox.7086

at the moment it looks like shaman’s v/hp/cd

A shadow of darkness falls, there is nothing you can do but watch.
The clear blue sky turns a dark sickening green and swirls with corruption.
A dark laugh of evil echo’s in your mind!

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sephylon.4938

Sephylon.4938

We are more than likely to get new stat combinations with the next expansion. Holding off until we know what the new stats are would be a wise idea. Additionally a balance patch is due to hit this Tuesday, so basically wait and see what happens.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: sylvnfox.7086

sylvnfox.7086

all I’m saying is we KNOW vitality, condition damage, and healing power are all important, though vitality just for how much barrier you can have on yourself

A shadow of darkness falls, there is nothing you can do but watch.
The clear blue sky turns a dark sickening green and swirls with corruption.
A dark laugh of evil echo’s in your mind!

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

You’ll only need healing power if you intend to play it as a support.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

yea Iam holding off to see if we get any better or more suited new Gear Sets, Runes and Sigils but I see more potential in Condi Dps Scourge then in Support. Maybe some combination is the best but Iam very hesitent to run Shaman… we see.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

Viper’s will probably still be best for Condition DPS, unless they add something like Condition Damage and Expertise Main with Power and Precision.

With the support side it’s better to wait. If they add Condition Damage and Healing Power main with Expertise and Precision, then that’d probably be best.

(edited by Kam.4092)

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: trixantea.1230

trixantea.1230

I’m just guessing but in order to get max condi damage and duration you will need viper gear with rune of tormenting and sigil of torment, moldering or malice. Curses/soul reaping/scourge sould work well for this.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

I hope we get a gear set with these Stats:

Mainstat Condi
Mainstat Healing
Substat Expertise
Substat Concentration

That would be near perfect.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Vita might not be as important because reaper is already high health. Are we really going to see barrier stacking beyond 8k?

Thinking Apothecary and Seraph stats might actually be a better choice for a condition scourge.

Then of course there is always the celestial/might stacking option.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Mainstat Condi
Mainstat Healing
Substat Expertise
Substat Concentration

If this turn out true then Magnanimous Tuning Crystal could be useful for something..

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Vita might not be as important because reaper is already high health. Are we really going to see barrier stacking beyond 8k?

Thinking Apothecary and Seraph stats might actually be a better choice for a condition scourge.

Agreed, you beat me to it. we already have a base hp pool of around 20k with no added vitality, rarely will you ever stack more than 10k. Barriers degenerate so quickly, any more vitality will be a waste. It’ll be better to stack healing power and toughness to complement each other. We’ll have plenty of condition removal.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: jmsmdrgn.7043

jmsmdrgn.7043

i beilieve seraph stats is best , thackeray in ascended gear recipe is found in lake doric,
barrier doesnt realy on vitality but healing power , its caped at 50% of the recipents hp anyways
concentration tho will help with the boons u get in duration

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Vitality increases your life force pool (but not the cost of shade skills) thus allowing you more energy to spam F skills.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Seraph looks pretty good. But I will wait for release to see what else is coming.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

mazut.4296

i beilieve seraph stats is best , thackeray in ascended gear recipe is found in lake doric,
barrier doesnt realy on vitality but healing power , its caped at 50% of the recipents hp anyways
concentration tho will help with the boons u get in duration

Thats the problem tho, unless you build for boon stealing we don’t get that many boons(not counting the might we already can stack decently without concentration).
That been said I already stacked enough Jade shards for 2 full sets of runes and sigils, just in case
Seraphs looks even better for Firebrand, so not gonna be wasted.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Viper’s will no doubt be your best option for DPS. I’d have to run the exact numbers on how much +Might Duration and Alacrity you need, but I’m fairly confident you can 100% 25might with Aristocracy runes in Viper’s gear with a decent smattering of Alacrity.

I think Seraph’s is something that should be looked at, but I am not sure if it will be the ‘best’ healer/mightstack set.

The new ++power+conc+healing statspread is amazing for power heal scourge, but it’s not available yet, so you can’t plan for it yet.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Methuselah.4376

Methuselah.4376

I have 2 necros, one which I will keep as a condi DPS scourge with Viper’s (though might require a few rune tweaks) and one which I will make as a support scourge that still dishes out good dps. I am hoping there will be a stat combo with main Condition and Healing power and substats Expertise and Vitality.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

Seraph, Shaman/Apothecary mix, Rabid/Dire/TB mix, Nomad, and any new stats would all be perfectly fine. Scourge is pretty ambiguous in its stat-desires, dependent on the build you’re going for.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

the healing scalings on barrier is all over the place on everything but the heal skill which is at a stunning 1.5125.
So honestly, it’s your call.

Seraphs could make an interesting set.
Seraphs because the concentration would make your F2 hilarious, the healing power would boost your barriers up just a bit while also giving any regens you gain from converting poison (or rolling with blood magic) just a bit more potent. And if you have blood magic not only do you gain a tiny bit of extra healing from vampiric presence/aura you also gain a HECK of a lot of free healing below 50% hp with last rights. +450.

Necro has 20k base hp, so you still gain about 10k limit on barriers. That’s basically wearing an entire thief on your back as a shield.

For damage, however? I’d say vipers. That or whatever new statset they have for condition damage. (tbh, unlikely that there will be one better than vipers but I’d love to be wrong.)

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

Because of the free expertise that Scourge gets from traits, I could see a Viper’s/Sinister mix work, for pve dps.

Edit: %7 of condi damage to expertise and 25 expertise per shade up. (off the top of my head so please be kind if I am off)

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Murdock.6547

fata you’re right. full vipers could be quite good. I think honestly it’d be more dps to sub in a condition main stat food instead of the expertise one maybe?

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

I don’t recall how stat conversion traits work, if it works off of base stat or base combined with armor/weapons. Iirc, it doesn’t scale off of food.

Depending how that works, would definitely go a long way in determining gearing.

Either way, I don’t see full Viper as the bis, as I think you would over cap on duration. Perhaps mostly Viper with a couple of armor pieces or jewelry pieces as Sinister.

Edit: I don’t know the math of any of it. This is just my eyeball look at it.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Murdock.6547

did the math, you won’t. you’re actually short a bit.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You should be able to cap out on general condition damage with Fell Beacon, 2 shades up, full Viper’s, 2 Trapper/4 Nightmare, and Rare Veggie Pizza.

Assuming Alacrity reduces shade recharge, this should be good.

Also, it’s 75 Expertise (5% condition duration) per shade, not 25.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Assuming Alacrity reduces shade recharge, this should be good.

It does. Tried and tested during demo.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

Vitality increases your life force pool (but not the cost of shade skills) thus allowing you more energy to spam F skills.

That depends on content tho TBH in PvP thats pretty nice in PvE its hit or miss depends on the fight in WvW lol there is infinite life force in WvW its the whole reason necros are so powerful there.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bosse.2051

Bosse.2051

so as a necro who pretty much just came back, unlocked all the reaper skillpoints and whatnot.. dont have a ascendency armor set yet. What should I aim for if I wanna try out the scourge when it comes, viper?
And this is for general pvE with low fractals & dungs etc. no min-maxxing

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Zero Solstice.9754

so as a necro who pretty much just came back, unlocked all the reaper skillpoints and whatnot.. dont have a ascendency armor set yet. What should I aim for if I wanna try out the scourge when it comes, viper?
And this is for general pvE with low fractals & dungs etc. no min-maxxing

Viper is good, as is Trailblazer, Apothecary/Shaman, Dire, and even Seraph. There may even be new stats coming out that work well.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Mainstat Condi
Mainstat Healing
Substat Expertise
Substat Concentration

swap the concentration for vitality. You’ll want it for LF management. Besides what the heck do you want the concentration for?

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Zero Solstice.9754

Mainstat Condi
Mainstat Healing
Substat Expertise
Substat Concentration

swap the concentration for vitality. You’ll want it for LF management. Besides what the heck do you want the concentration for?

Concentration is great for your Might stacking, the boons you get from F2, Regen you apply with Staff or Focus, any and all boons from Feed From Corruption, etc.

~Bhawb.7409

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Justine.6351

Mainstat Condi
Mainstat Healing
Substat Expertise
Substat Concentration

Concentration is great for your Might stacking, the boons you get from F2, Regen you apply with Staff or Focus, any and all boons from Feed From Corruption, etc.

I run leadership runes/“chilled to the bone” with well of power (traited protection) atm in wvw. Necro/reaper got more boons than people realize.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Mainstat Condi
Mainstat Healing
Substat Expertise
Substat Concentration

And vitality increases your LF pool and your LF gains, since those are percantage-based.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Mainstat Condi
Mainstat Healing
Substat Expertise
Substat Concentration

And vitality increases your LF pool and your LF gains, since those are percantage-based.

> Concentration: better for WvW zergs
> Vitality: better for PvP and PvE

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

A heads up,already tried seraph and it definately isnt worth it on scourge.
At capped boon duration the might produced while at 25 stacks it is very short,and it doesnt justify the glass stats.
The survivability drop is too big compared to cleric which i switched later on.
For a healing support scourge you need at least one defencive stat on top of the healing.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

mazut.4296

At capped boon duration the might produced while at 25 stacks it is very short,and it doesnt justify the glass stats.
For a healing support scourge you need at least one defencive stat on top of the healing.

I played PvE with mix of Seraph weapons/armor and shaman trinkets and it was extremely satisfying.

Gearing for Scourge ?

in Necromancer

Justine.6351

I played PvE with mix of Seraph weapons/armor and shaman trinkets and it was extremely satisfying.

Yeah seraph is a min/max type of stat not an all or nothing.