Gearing questions for Minion/Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ndecent.4903

Ndecent.4903

Context: PVE HoT content and Roaming solo.

I am newly returning and love the GW1 feel of the minion master. Rise is just .. pure fun.

I am trying to wrap my head around armor choices (I only have access to exotic) to start. Rabid/Carrion for conditions & minons? Settlers/Cleric for healing minions?
Direct damage armor (Berzerker’s is not for me too squishy but a mixed set perhaps?) for power & Minions?

I have searched for information and all of the above seemed to be given in one thread or another.

If someone could guess I don’t yet understand the synergy between condition stuff and my minions and my damage vs. power/precision builds and my minions..

I realize this is all basic stuff for most people but for a nub like me it is kind of hard to wrap my head around.

Thanks in advance!

(edited by Ndecent.4903)

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Minion master reaper is one of the strongest necro builds , Zerker reaper is your best choice.
Here is the build
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRIQJAWRnM0AN1gdbCe1As3glpBbqldBqASDgCQAI+DmCfhA-TxRDwAH3fIxlUUC2T53L1fAprpxTKAg5PSBs1wK-e
Food > I’m using the birthday one , utility > skale venom.
Any questions are welcome

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rirgul.5302

Rirgul.5302

So many options – so many options….

Be more specific – do you want a condition build, or a direct damage build?

If you’re using minions you’ll be pretty tanky through “Rise” and Death Magic so Vipers/Zerkers is viable.

Cleric is kinda fun – as you get 100% crit chance through traits.
Rabid is better without minions, and corruptions.

Maybe try out Crusader Gear set. Power/Toughness/Ferocity/Healing Power?

Experiment in HoTM and see what you like, then invest into the gear.

in Necromancer

Ndecent.4903

@ Rirgul, when I first logged in I was in Knight’s gear (it used to be a thing I think) and I swapped over to try condition damage to have more synergy with my minions because I thought they scaled on my condition damage stat.

I would like to be reasonably survivable with my minions and be able to down content at a good pace. I like using my staff but enjoyed daggers and scepters along the way. Really I just need help evaluating the pros and cons of condition damage & minion master vs. direct damage and minion master and then the best all around gear for the two styles.

I have my old gear and can try Demonic’s build and see how that goes, but I would like to understand.

Thanks!

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I would like to be reasonably survivable with my minions and be able to down content at a good pace. I like using my staff but enjoyed daggers and scepters along the way. Really I just need help evaluating the pros and cons of condition damage & minion master vs. direct damage and minion master and then the best all around gear for the two styles.

I have my old gear and can try Demonic’s build and see how that goes, but I would like to understand.

Thanks!

Zerker MM is better than condi as our minions will transfer the conditions from us to our enemies which prevent us from spreading them and using them at their best.
For PvE , I use GS\Staff as you will need AoE attacks 95% of the times in the jungle.
While surrounded with many enemies , Staff is the fastest LF source. As for the survivability , after minions defense buff , you should never die even with zerker gear :p

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rirgul.5302

Rirgul.5302

in Necromancer

Ndecent.4903

Thank you both so much! This really is a ton of fun

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Only wear condition damage armor with scepter equipped. Otherwise, power-crit still trumps all.

There are situations where scepter is handy, though, but you can get by with axe on a power build, instead.