Getting hit with random conditions in WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scrib.9207

Scrib.9207

Been having this strange issues while roaming the past 2 days on my reaper in WvW.

So, seems like i’m getting random conditions applied to me every once in a while, and it’s seemingly out of nowhere. And i’m talking like moments where there is absolutely nothing around me, no enemies, also i don’t have any corruption skills so that’s not it. It can’t be just random traps left by someone, as those usually do more than apply a single condition with no other dmg.
Conditions are usually very short, like a 1s burning, or 1s immobilize, then one time it was like a 20s cripple, that was pretty annoying.
Come to think of it, i should probably check my log, see if it shows up there.

But yeah, I’m curious if someone has had this problem as well, so far it looks to me like some kind of a bug. Btw, this happens only on my necro from what i’ve seen.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

Do you run Plague Signet? You could just be pulling condis from friendly guards.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chessur.7326

Chessur.7326

You’re either running Plague Signet or Unholy Martyr. Plague Signet will pull conditions when it’s not on cooldown, and Unholy Martyr will pull conditions while you’re in shroud. 20 seconds of cripple probably pulled from many people.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Could be worse, could have pulled both 15 stacks of burning and 10 stacks of bleed

I can’t begin to count the times that the passive on Psig has killed me.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Could be worse, could have pulled both 15 stacks of burning and 10 stacks of bleed

I can’t begin to count the times that the passive on Psig has killed me.

It usually saves me more often than not. I wish it were unblockable, because I tend to get condi bombed and cc bombed simultaneously to prevent me from using my heal of staff 4, so I use plague signet, and it lands on one of the many sources of block in the game if I don’t take an extra two seconds of condi damage to make sure I pick somebody without aegis or block spam.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scrib.9207

Scrib.9207

Thanks guys for pointing what seems to be real obvious now. Yeah I am in fact running plague signet so that must have been it. I honestly completely forgot about the passive on that thing.
That said though, I feel pulling conditions from brainless guards is kinda bad, maybe Anet should change it so the passive applies only to friendly players.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

PSig is so very, very situational…

Necromancer has many examples of benefits that hurt, or require injury, that the dev’s surely must take that into account during balance reviews.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

Sometimes you just pull 3m24s of Cripple from a nearby Veteran Guard because lul. Plague Signet in general is great, but it doesn’t scale well at all, meaning playing with more than 3ish people can begin to get very dicey.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409