Ghastly Claws=50%+LF! :)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Saschare.2049

Saschare.2049

Hi,

I know that in PvE, WvW and in places where are many beings killed we haven’t got any problems with generating Life Force. Yeah, but what about bosses and PvP? LB is our main source of power weapon with cleave (traited), and we should use it more often, even more when now damage overflows our Life Force Pool.

Ghastly Claws should give about 50%, or at least 40%. It should be like a rising parabola, the more we can make someone undodgeable – the more LF we should receive (so necroish). Because in sPvP if someone dodge it, we don’t receive LF mostly at all.

When it comes to PvE bosses – our main source of damage is Life Blast (to power players). So we should have the ability to return fastly to DeathShroud. Also LF serves as aegis and many others. It’s why Ghastly Claws generating much LF won’t hurt anyone, and make necro at last stabilized.

Dagger3, swap and Axe2 for generating Lifeforce or DS5 and Axe2 so we will receive a sufficient amount of LF for conditioning a foe well.

I assume that rising addition of LF would be good on the skill:
1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 = 64 % in total.

It would change the play of necro and make using DS as power tool more efficient and at last necro won’t be the DoT class only.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

That amount of life force generation on a 6 second cooldown would be overpowered. Necromancers can dish out plenty of damage without using LIfe Blast.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I’d rather see the axe autoattack be made better. Ghastly claws is already plenty good.

in Necromancer

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I hope you are trolling. Do you even realize how much extra health 50% life force is? And giving that to a skill that already does significant ranged damage on a low cooldown? You must know nothing about this class.

Ranger//Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Hi,

Yeah, but what about bosses and PvP? LB is our main source of power weapon with cleave (traited)

Life Blast doesn’t cleave it can pierce with the trait which is different. But on the subject of cleave…Axe #2 should cleave and they should adjust the LF regain accordingly.

On topic, with how much I would love for them to increase the Life Force regain on Axe, I do think it would push the limits of over powered and end up getting nerfed to the ground quite quickly.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Don’t good players just dodge/block it anyway so you get no life force?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aireroth.7596

Aireroth.7596

Spectral grasp is pretty nifty in life force generation. And usable as an extra interrupt/control, which I’ve lately started using in pvp. Combine that with axe #2 and you’re good to go.

Edge Of Sanity [MAD] – Gandara

in Necromancer

Posted by: crestpiemangler.7631

crestpiemangler.7631

Axe in SPvP is rather poor, since it relies on that heavily recognizable animation and 600 range to unreliably deal damage/generate life force.

The problem is that you’re not addressing that issue with your proposition, but creating an issue in WvW/PvE where it doesn’t really exist.