Ghost Pepper Popper good for a power reaper ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Haziq.3907

Haziq.3907

What do you all think of the Ghost Pepper Popper for a power reaper https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghost_Pepper_Popper ?

40% chance to cause might on critical during the day
40% chance to cause chill on critical during the night
1 second internal cooldown !

Seems useful with blighter’s boon or the traits that augment chill and its only 2 silver on the TP. Not too expensive.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

The key here is “situational” use. Most people, me included will prefer fixed buffs over situational/time/place limited.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I just stick with the most cost effective power food I can get. Orrian steak frittes are pretty good.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Extremely strong during the period in which they will actually apply chill. Near worthless compared to more reliable Might-granting foods during the day.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

Basically what sarrs said. I use them on my condi reaper at night. Thats about it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

its useless for both builds. for power, dumplings are better and for condi it’s trash because you lose 20% condition damage, most important stat

in Necromancer

Sarrs.4831

its useless for both builds. for power, dumplings are better and for condi it’s trash because you lose 20% condition damage, most important stat

Is for WvW, not PvE. Overall Chill duration is actually good in WvW.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: klep.4165

klep.4165

I use this all the time in open world. With Reaper Chilling Victory and chills on weapons, I can have 25 stacks of Vulnerability and 25 stacks of Might up on a target in a really short time. Work well in WvW as well:) Just my opinion.

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

Is for WvW, not PvE. Overall Chill duration is actually good in WvW.

You dont need chill duration in wvw, reaper traits provide enough for 100% uptime on an uncleansed target. Application on crit is much better as you can stack bleeds much better.

It’s like sub said, 20% duration and 70 condition damage is just better. And during the daytime, they are useless.

in Necromancer

Sarrs.4831

uncleansed target.

That kinda underlines the entire issue. Any PvP/WvW build worth their salt carries either consistent cleansing or consistent resistance. If enemies know they are roaming against you and you’re playing Trailblazer’s or Dire, they will load up even higher on cleansing.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

uncleansed target.

That kinda underlines the entire issue. Any PvP/WvW build worth their salt carries either consistent cleansing or consistent resistance. If enemies know they are roaming against you and you’re playing Trailblazer’s or Dire, they will load up even higher on cleansing.

exactly, so you get more out of the condition damage and duration when its not cleansed.

And when it is cleansed you still come out on top due to the instant condition damage. The problem with chill application is that anyone that sees you stacks bleeds quickly is gonna cleanse them. You are better off stacking bleeds slower with higher damage per tic to apply more consistent pressure.