Give Reaper A Unique Buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Barnabus Stinson.1409

Barnabus Stinson.1409

Reaper and necro are classes/specs that really have no desirability. Give something, it really makes sense thematically….Master of Death? Come on. Remember about Necro, we exist, the game isnt just Warriors, Rangers and Mesmers

in Necromancer

Posted by: needbeer.1687

needbeer.1687

heres the thing. anet hates necros.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

nah they will just say something like.. we don’t want more power creep and at the same time buff all other classes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Demoria.6745

Demoria.6745

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Both the most logical answer and most frustrating answer in the same answer. Vampiric effect are probably the most underpowered thing in gw2. It’s to the point that, also it’s a form of support and an unique buff, it’s the least desirable effect that one can give to others.

I believe that giving the “reaper” an unique buff is not the best thing to do. Giving the “necromancer” something that allow him to compet with other profession in regard of offensive support is what is needed.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

i really want siphon buffs for necro x.x double the healing and damage and give us two traits for siphon one that condis the enemy and another that grants regen on the necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

i really want siphon buffs for necro x.x double the healing and damage and give us two traits for siphon one that condis the enemy and another that grants regen on the necro

The best solution for us would probably be to remove all the siphon effect that the BM traitline grant. I know that it kill the “vampire” vib but let’s be honest, with every singlr traits the sustain is barely viable and the damage boost is, at best, laughable. Even more, the gimick involving vampirics effects have all been “fixed” across the years. As it stand, the only way to have great sustain with this is to load your utility bar with minion skills.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

My power related dream list changes:

Wells gain reduced recharge time. They now grant protection to allies when cast, and siphon health with every pulse.
Deal more damage to enemies standing in your Fields

Life siphon damage: 212 (0.02)?
Life siphon healing: 212 (0.03)?
Protection (5s): -33% Incoming Damage
Damage Increase: 10%
Recharge Reduced: 20%

Greatsword skills gain reduced recharge. Periodically heal and gain life force while wielding a greatsword. Gain stacking ferocity boon while performing a Whirl Finisher

Healing: 200 (0.05)?
Life Force: 0.5%
Reaper’s Ferocity (20s): 100 Ferocity
Maximum Stacks: 5

Recharge Reduced: 20%
Interval: 1s
Combat Only

Attack faster and increase power and ferocity of nearby allies by 225 points while in a reaper’s shroud. Killing a foe while in a shroud reduces recharge on all shroud skills.
Reaper’s Onslaught (9s): Increases power and ferocity of nearby allies by 225 points.
Interval: 3s
Radius: 600
Combat Only

Attack Speed Increase: 15%
Recharge Reduced: 5s

Something like this or similar, we need damage modifiers, ferocity and group utility.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

I feel group utility should be given the base necromancer.

Blood is the obvious line to add this to. I’d change Vampiric Rituals, Vampiric or Blood Bond into

Blood Corruption
Enemies hit by your attacks corrupt the blood of the hit enemy for 6 seconds.
These enemies take 3% additional damage from party members. Attacks against these enemies have 150 additional ferocity.

This makes it useful for parties, but is different in flavor to, say, GOTL. IT is more offensive oriented, fitting the necromancer’s corruption theme.

In addition, I would increase the power scaling of dagger and greatsword, and give reaper a trait that increases the effectiveness of ferocity, incentivicing ferocity equipment.

(edited by Zefiris.8297)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Glott.7239

Glott.7239

As usual most ideas here are waaaay out there and would make necro just overpowered, so that’s never gonna happen. I want my Main to be useful in group play as well but slapping ridiculous modifiers onto it isn’t the solution. As some pointed out, the problem lays with the core specs, especially bloodmagic, not in reaper. So here are a few ideas i belief to be a bit more responsabel.

Vampiric
Reduce the base values for damage and healing and significantly increase power and healing power scaling.

Vampiric Presence
“Your nearby alleys gain Vampiric” (based on your stats). No more extra layer of life leach on top.

Vampiric Rituals
“…allies standing in your wells siphon health”. remove health siphoning per puls.

Last Rites
allies near you do not bleed out while downed and gain Healing Power based on their current health.”

and as a bonus
Parasitic Contagion
Damaging conditions siphon health. Life siphoning scales from condition damage instead of power.

The rest would just be value tweaking which i want get into because it requires a lot of play testing that i can not conduct, for obvious reasons. Also there might be engine limitations to some of this suggestions, but then, when aren’t there?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

In wvw/pvp it had boon corruption. Now if only they rebalanced pve foes with boons like protection, might, fury, and quickness in place of things like toughness/vita and raw damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

you can make it 3 time the amount it its now and it would be decent

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mordaredrom.9162

Mordaredrom.9162

“Reaper chill”, every time a reaper chill a target, he applies a stack of reaper chill, up to 10

So, make traits stack with it, like Decimate Defenses: Strking a foe with reaper chill, increases you critical chance dmg(x% for stack) and half for allies

Cold Shoulder: Foes with reaper chill deal less damage to you (x% for stack.)

Chilling Victory: Striking a foe with reaper chill grants might for you and allies and life force.

Chilling Nova: Critical hits against chilled with reaper chill causes an explosion that chills adjacent foes.(30% chance for allies, dmg scales with stacks of reaper chill)

Soul Eater: Greatsword skills gain reduced recharge. Hitting a foe with reaper chill makes gs skills to do x% extra dmg for stack and periodically heal and gain life force.

Augury of Death: Reduces recharge of shouts. Your shouts gain additional recharge reduction for each foe they hit(more if it hits a foe with reaper chill)

Reaper’s Onslaught: Attack faster and gain ferocity for allies if hits a foe with reaper chill while in a reaper’s shroud. Killing a foe while in a shroud reduces recharge on all shroud skills.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Barnabus Stinson.1409

Barnabus Stinson.1409

For the Core Necro I would play more into the vampric traits, move it to a GM and make it something like 120 damage 80 Healing. This would give core necro the ability to provide some minor sustain to a party, which is always nice and makes it easier for your healer, and also a minor damage boost, that over the course of a longer fight will actually start racking up to be decent.

For the Reaper I would add Reapers Presence – Gives a Aura of Bonus Ferocity, Which is doubled on Chilled foes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DreamyLove.8947

DreamyLove.8947

i have a idea, let necro have a trait can ingore fear
(let all incoming fear become => stun once)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

you can make it 3 time the amount it its now and it would be decent

decent is good enough. the idea that necros are bad at life siphon just irks me. it could also be a scenario where power and healing effect both aspects of the siphon allowing the damage and healing done to be double fed by gear sets like clerics.