Gluttony

Gluttony

in Necromancer

Posted by: QSpec.4298

QSpec.4298

Has anyone done any tests with this? Is it actually noticeable?

Is it worth a damn (keeping in mind it is a 5 point passive talent)?

Gluttony

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

It’s pretty meh.

With Gluttony: 31 shots to fill bar from 0 with Staff #1 (note 5% more LF)
W/O Gluttony: 34 shots to fill bar from 0 with Staff #1

If you consider Staff 1 is giving you 3% the numbers look to be doing what they should, 10% gain, it just isn’t a very impactful trait.

Life Force drains at 4% per tick, so over however long it takes you to fill your entire bar, gluttony is giving you like 2 more seconds of death shroud, probably less since damage is going to eat it up too.

But it takes a long time to fill the bar up, certainly more than a few fights, unless a zerg is dying rapidly around you or you are picking off critters.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

Gluttony

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

I think an easy way to make this trait useful is to make it add 3% LF gain on every skill. Staff already has 3%? It gets bumped to 6%. All abilities that don’t normally give LF should give 3%

Gluttony

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

I think an easy way to make this trait useful is to make it add 3% LF gain on every skill. Staff already has 3%? It gets bumped to 6%. All abilities that don’t normally give LF should give 3%

Too powerful.

I think the trait would have been fine at 20-25%.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

Gluttony

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Too powerful.

To elaborate on this, consider skills like Axe 2 or Locust Swarm. Both of them generate 1% life force per hit. With a bonus like you are talking about, Axe 2 now generates 32% life force. Locust Swarm generates 4% per target per second. With just this (and no other traits), you could literally fill your life force bar twice over during its duration (assuming 5 enemies were within range for 20% gain per second over 10 seconds, quite possible in PvE).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Gluttony

in Necromancer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

rule of thumb: you will gain 1% LF for every 9%

it’s something. not much, but it’s something…

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

Gluttony

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Should be changed to “LF will regenerate passively at a rate of 1% per second up until 25%” or something.

Gluttony

in Necromancer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Should be changed to “LF will regenerate passively at a rate of 1% per second up until 25%” or something.

we have a signet for that.

I think gluttony should work more along the lines of all attacks build 1% LF and does not stack with those that already build LF.

You’re still talking about a lot of attacks to build LF but the accrual would at least become more steady and predictable. Considering how quickly it degenerates, LF accrual could use a buff to smooth.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

Gluttony

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Too powerful.

yeah, but all other clases are too powerful too. Currently, ANet thinks we are ok just cause we have a lot of HP for a caster class.

Gluttony

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

we have a signet for that.

I think gluttony should work more along the lines of all attacks build 1% LF and does not stack with those that already build LF.

You’re still talking about a lot of attacks to build LF but the accrual would at least become more steady and predictable. Considering how quickly it degenerates, LF accrual could use a buff to smooth.

Except it’s bad, takes up a utility slot and doesn’t work out of combat.