Good Fractal Necro

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Banshee.8234

Banshee.8234

Hello, I’m just wondering, should I play condi or powernecro in fractals and dungeons? Which is more efficient, which more wanted? And if so, can you recommend me a good fractal build?

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Guardian

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Banshee.8234

Guardian

Hilarious

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Gnat.9405

While Necro isn’t as awful for fractals as it is for any other PvE content, you won’t really want to use one in a group that isn’t clearing casually. Now I say this after getting to fractal level 43 mostly on my necro, but they really are undesirable and simply underwhelming for group play.

Some fractals can synergize well with Necro, like grawl or even dredge if you have a lot of gear you can swap through. I played a hybrid through to lv30 but the ferocity shift hit hybrid builds pretty hard.

6/2/0/0/6 will work, but prepare to be vastly less effective than your teammates. Fun tip, for the shaman boss use chilling darkness trait with well of darkness on the adds when they spawn.

Edit: or just use a guardian

(edited by Gnat.9405)

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Banshee.8234

While Necro isn’t as awful for fractals as it is for any other PvE content, you won’t really want to use one in a group that isn’t clearing casually. Now I say this after getting to fractal level 43 mostly on my necro, but they really are undesirable and simply underwhelming for group play.

Some fractals can synergize well with Necro, like grawl or even dredge if you have a lot of gear you can swap through. I played a hybrid through to lv30 but the ferocity shift hit hybrid builds pretty hard.

6/2/0/0/6 will work, but prepare to be vastly less effective than your teammates. Fun tip, for the shaman boss use chilling darkness trait with well of darkness on the adds when they spawn.

Edit: or just use a guardian

I know that they arent wanted, but thats why I play one. Because I hate the fact that some classes jsut get devoted. Thanks for the tips, though

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Gnat.9405

Yeah I’ve been maiming Necro since GW1. Unfortuneately we aren’t as awesome anymore

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

Yeah I’ve been maiming Necro since GW1. Unfortuneately we aren’t as awesome anymore

thats prob the biggest understatement of the century

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

What happened? Why are necros so undesirable? I main a guardian, but my necro seems to do just as much dps, and in sPvP my necro is amazing. Did the necro dps get nerfed or something? Last I knew, power necro hit like a mack truck.

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

They dont offer too much support and dont cleave. Other than that, a 6/2/0/0/6 build is good in fractals. So to answer you powermancer almost everywhere in pve is much better than condi

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNAndWjc0UdbLN20webiahC6EIAmho6Aqnj2oaB-TRSBAB0s/wDHCAKV/xMlgXp8LijAAe6DW4BAAwJAgUARsMC-e

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Seiishizo.7162

Seiishizo.7162

reroll to diff class… even if you would have a good build or something, they would still rather want some other class that gives the party buffs or does more dps

its very sad to say tho… i played necro for over 1.5 years and i recently made a warrior just for pve dungions… and i noticed, its way stronger

Owner and creator of http://www.gw2score.com
Btw: It’s Sey-Shi-zo ^.^

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Riccardo.7254

Riccardo.7254

so you are telling me that a well built wellomancer cant bring anything to fractals?
oh my

Commander Soundless Death, Necro 80 – IoJ
Commander Gammaburst, Warr 80 – IoJ
Headhunter Jaeger, Thief 80 – IoJ

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Go with Spoj’s build, works best imo.
Switch out your utilities to adapt to every situation. Cliffside? D/D, maybe Corrosive Poison Cloud and when lacking blinds, Well of Darkness. Urban Battlefield? Well of Darkness and Well of Corruption. Mai Trin/Imbued Shaman? Well of Power to make something out of those nasty condition on you and your team. Aetherblade hideout Golems? How about Wells (and maybe trait for unblockable marks, but meh. Not worth it imo.)

In the end, you’ll sadly still be less useful than other classes but you can at least make the best out of it.

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

The Necro class is a pretty ‘selfish’ class that really brings nothing to the party compared to other classes.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Power necro all the way.

6/3/0/5/0 is what I run. Triple wells. Dagger/focus, flashing DS when up.

You are basically a god with the siphons from crits, hits, and dagger 2.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stubie.5834

Stubie.5834

Power necro all the way.

No one is questioning there survivability. They’re explaining the selfish nature of the class. Without any group support all we bring is dps and others do it better. I just hope they fix it soon.

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Riccardo.7254

why do you keep telling that it’s a selfish class when most of necros who do daily fractals run a well-supporting-power build?
are wells selfish skills? i don’t think so
do wells bring low dps/low condi removal/low in combat buffs? again i don’t think so
we have one of the most versatile and (especially in high-end PVE) strong setups of the game

so instead of criticizing a profession learn to play if effectively and teach other ignorants that necros are not bad as they think.

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Take a look at all the skills and traits on necro that provide buffs and boons. Notice how they only effect the necro in every single case. The class is selfish by design. It is reliant on teammates to maximise damage aswell. Yes it does have some things it can do to help the group such as control condition spam and condi cleanses. But they are high cooldown and often weaker than other classes equivalents.

Necro is as bad as most people think. Which is really disappointing.

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Riccardo.7254

traited just with recharge time:
well of suffering – 28s recharge – high dps + vulnerability on aoe
well of power – 40s recharge – aoe condition into boons
well of darkness – 40s recharge – aoe blind

add Ritual of Protection to have each pulse grant Protection on aoe

i’m not saying that other professions can’t do similar stuff but necros can actually bring more utility in a fractal party than some other professions
but hey..as you say..necro is the last of the pack so keep on rolling warr acting like a bot!

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

well of suffering, is mediocre to low dps. vuln application is low. 28 seconds is a long time.
Well of power, conditons to boons… what conditions? 40 seconds is a REALLY long time.
Well of darkness, yes it is a blind. 40 seconds is a REALLY long time.

The nuts and bolts to it.
Every one of us Here Loves our necromancer.

dearly

so much in fact that we are WELL aware of the fact that is not not usefull in 2 game modes. Being Dungeons and Fractals. They are a Selfish class.

that does not change the fact that we still love them very much and truly do wish they would be given something to allow them to be more effective in the places many of us enjoy.

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

To answer the Original question,

to be a good Fractal Necromancer. these are the things you need.

First:

or

Berserker gear, Scholar runes, Dagger main with Warhorn and focus on swap.

Second:
An elementalist, A Warrior, A thief. and a Gaurdian.
Preferably Some of your friends or guild mates. That don’t mind carrying you and having you leech on the run.

If this is all a YoLo run?
then it doesnt matter anyway, go and have some fun

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

The only class that has less utility than necro is the warrior. But the warrior can keep the entire group buffed with 25 might and provide banners. So the question is “Why would you take a necro?”. If you can answer that and give me a genuinely good and legitimate reason then ill take back my comments about necro being bad.

A well played necro can obviously help a group a lot. But thats due to the player making up for the classes shortcomings. If that player plays any other class they could do much more for the group. Which I know all too well as im a necro main who also actively plays all other classes in PvE.

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

so you are telling me that a well built wellomancer cant bring anything to fractals?
oh my

We are saying that the utility necro brings can be outclassed by others. Lets take a look at the wells for that:

Well of Darkness blinds all foes standing in the area every second for 5 seconds. It has 40 seconds of cooldown when traited. Thieves have Black Powder which also blinds every foe in area for 4 seconds, however thieves can spam this – thus perma blind – skill without even hurting initiative regen. Aside from thieves, guards and eles have more chances to blind on demand thus have more control over using their blinds for party.

Well of Power converts 1 condition off all allies in the area every second for 5 seconds. It has 40 seconds of cooldown when traited. Guardians, eles and engineers not only can remove all those conditions instantly and much more frequently, but can also provide many of the useful boons granted by converting conditions on demand.

Well of Corruption corrupts 1 boon of foes that stand in area every second for 5 seconds. It has 40 seconds of cooldown when traited. Similar to Well of Power, there are many other options to remove boons and many other options to place desires conditions not according to the boon corrupted but on demand. As for instances of PvE where boon removal is necessary, there are but few of them.

Well of Suffering applies 2 stacks of Vulnurability every second for 6 seconds. It has 28 seconds of cooldown when traited and maximum amount of Vulnurability it can apply is 12 stacks, which after 4 seconds and every 1 second after it drops 2 stacks. Certainly there are much better options for anyone to apply Vulnurability, even for necromancers. You probably use Well of Suffering for spike damage anyway.

Well of Blood heals for atleast 200 (if you take Ritual Mastery) every second for 10 seconds. It has 32 seconds of cooldown when traited. I have to give it to this skill, healing is pretty good and scaling is pretty generous. The only problem is healing allies isn’t that much necessary in PvE and slotting Well of Blood handicaps necromancer against conditions a bit.

Well built wellomancer is by no means bad, but it is also by no means unique or best in their respective utility.

Edit: As for Protection, hammer guardians can give perma protection and is a fairly popular playstyle for fractal guardians.

(edited by Pregnantman.8259)

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Riccardo.7254

i agree with you guys with your in-depth analysis of necro’s skills and situation
but as i do you too recognize the fact that necromancers too have their uses, i’m just sad when i see comments like “necros are kitten in fractals/dungeons” or “roll a guard/warr/ele/thief..” when WE CAN actually do stuff too.
it is demotivating for a user to look for advices and read only negative comments about his profession.
necros (as i told before) maybe are not the best in doing certain things (cleansing,buffing,spiking) but they actually can do all of them, it is a very viable profession that can cover different roles in a party (while others dont..)

so i didn’t want to look as a troll but i’m trying to defend necro’s uses
we are not ineffective as someone wants to make us look :P

keep giving help to new users or demanding people

ps: personally i do not want to see only warr/guards/ele/thieves parties in fractals or dungeons..

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Neither do I. But one of the best ways to make anet fix the issue is to make it clear to them where the issue is.

And necro cant buff allies. Our might and fury is purely selfish and we have limited blast finishers to help contribute in might stacking with other professions. We can provide minor amounts of group prot and regen but thats it and thats not something that would make me think “oh necro can buff the group”.

And this doesnt even cover the fact that we are the only class without extra active defence. And the only class that doesnt have any form of projectile reflect/block.

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Pregnantman.8259

We can actually do stuff indeed and necromancer being “overclassed” is the issue of high level fractals and/or speed run groups that are min/maxed for maximum efficiency, which at the end of the day cover a minority of what PvE has to offer. For the major or almost all other PvE; dungeons, fractals, world bosses, living story etc necromancer sure is a good profession to pick. There are only some polishes needed to be made to make necromancers a very good option to choose in any content.

(edited by Pregnantman.8259)

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: jingkangtan.6752

jingkangtan.6752

WAYS TO IMPROVE NECRO

make axe 1 and 2 cleave in a 120 cone in front of you with 600 range
axe 3 becomes blast finisher

introduce a grandmaster trait probs in first tree
Unholy Aura : grants nearby allies 150 ferocity and 5% lifesteal

fix the bloody 25 kitten minor trait in the first tree
every 10% of own health reduced grants 10 sec of might
health lost in death shroud only grants half the duration of might (5sec)
or
every 10% of opponent’s health deducted grants 2 stacks of vuln for 10secs

make lifesteal traits work in deathshroud

change deathly perception
from 50% crit chance to some hugeass ferocity buff to allow fury/spotter/banner of discipline to benefit necros more

new soul reaping grandmaster trait
Life Blast volley : life blast now shoots out 5 projectiles in a cone infront of you
enemies will take 10% reduced damage from the additional lifeblasts other than the first one they are hit with
each additional lifeblast only causes one stack of vuln if traited with unyielding blast

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Power necro all the way.

No one is questioning there survivability. They’re explaining the selfish nature of the class. Without any group support all we bring is dps and others do it better. I just hope they fix it soon.

Im didnt share my spec because its not-selfish. Frankly, this game is so casual that it doesn’t matter what you bring.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Pregnantman.8259

WAYS TO IMPROVE NECRO

make axe 1 and 2 cleave in a 120 cone in front of you with 600 range
axe 3 becomes blast finisher

introduce a grandmaster trait probs in first tree
Unholy Aura : grants nearby allies 150 ferocity and 5% lifesteal

fix the bloody 25 kitten minor trait in the first tree
every 10% of own health reduced grants 10 sec of might
health lost in death shroud only grants half the duration of might (5sec)
or
every 10% of opponent’s health deducted grants 2 stacks of vuln for 10secs

make lifesteal traits work in deathshroud

from 50% crit chance to some hugeass ferocity buff to allow fury/spotter/banner of discipline to benefit necros more

new soul reaping grandmaster trait
Life Blast volley : life blast now shoots out 5 projectiles in a cone infront of you
enemies will take 10% reduced damage from the additional lifeblasts other than the first one they are hit with
each additional lifeblast only causes one stack of vuln if traited with unyielding blast

It would be very good to have 150 ferocity for allies instead of Siphoned Power, and lifesteal to work in Death Shroud too of course. However I must say that I don’t agree with your ideas about Deathly Perception and another Soul Reaping trait.

First off, you must consider that the traits we have are used in all contents of the game. For PvP and WvW, Deathly Perception is quite like a backbone of power Necromancers and is the reason DS builds are used in pugs in PvE. I am quite fine with how the trait is.

As for the volley trait, the idea seems cool but like all cone skills in the game it propogates from the caster, thus with Unyielding Blast piercing it can result in a point blank attack if the Necromancer was to cast life blast on melee or on the hitbox of the enemy. All of the volley bolts would hit to the same target, resulting a huge burst from a mere autoattack. I would rather an exploding projectile or a simple cone – not a cone of projectiles.

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Yes, please cripple most Power Necromancer builds, that would really help the class.

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

oh my

Fail strawman. No one is saying that.

People are saying wellomancer can’t bring anything as good as pve guard or warrior can to fractals. There’s no reason to use a Honda civic in a car race when you can bring a lamborghini.

(edited by DeathPanel.8362)

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yoisuisu.3291

Yoisuisu.3291

Necros are alot better than a thief to me Considering only reason a group would want a thief is for AoE blind….. which is boring as hell haha. I got tired of my thief and main my necro now.

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Let’s fix something, here.

BiP: bleed yourself and give 10 stacks of might to you and any sik master watching.

Now, Necro is popular.

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Necros are alot better than a thief to me Considering only reason a group would want a thief is for AoE blind….. which is boring as hell haha. I got tired of my thief and main my necro now.

What about stealth, spammable cc, projectile blocks and spammable blast finisher?

Good Fractal Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

What about stealth, spammable cc, projectile blocks and spammable blast finisher?

Ah, PUGs like the res.