Gravedigger = 33k dps ?? ...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Hello.

This recant video shows a fullbuffs GS only rotation dealing overall 27k DPS.
First 2mil dmg in 90s = 22k dps
Second 2mil dmg in 60s = 33k dps

BUT
the second half is also buffed by 20% under 50 trait, so by itself “PURE GAVEDIGGER SPAM” dps = 27k

• 33k dps that isnt affected by alacrity to me isnt as terrible. Especialy as the strating phases are easy – what matters is to quickly kill it at end when its chaotic. But same argument can be made for thief&ele and chaotic means more interupts on gravedigers
  • A necro in “executioner mode” is dealing less dps than a thief autoatacking. Or ele 3button overloading.
    Yes theyre squishier, but our GS and dagger autos have fallen a bit behind, since Anet buffed thief to deal with brokenant.

Thoughts?
Edit: its rare for me but this a PVE post.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

(edited by Flumek.9043)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Thoughts?

Nerf Ele or give Power Nec some kind of utility that boost party dps more than vamp. No flat dps increases on skills though.

Thief should stay high damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Thiefs main source of damage comes from the dagger, whereas we have reapershroud as well. It’s kind of a really stupid comparison that you are making. It would be ridiculous if we had multiple skills that all dealt massive amounts of damage. Executioners scythe and soul spiral, deaths charge and even the auto attacks do a good amount of damage while running a power reaper. When I run power reaper I have so many passive procs it makes applying pressure to a thief pretty easy.

No reaper is going to be spamming grave digger for the entire match.

When I spec fully into grave digger I usually get 7 or 8k grave diggers. 5 or 6k if it hits a tank amulet wearer. Usually 4 or sometimes 3k if I hit an ele with all his damage mitigation buffs up. But that’s how it should be.

/close thread

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

(edited by Jelzouki.4128)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

@Jelzouki
I’m pretty sure this thread has a Raid perspective, not a sPvP perspective.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

My apologies if this is about PvE

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

Yes pve mainly raids is this topic.

Tho i have been outdpsed by thiefs in PVP with dagger just trading blows…. Pretty shameful for power necro a year ago where trading blows was the best thing that could happen to you.

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

Its also bad that GS with its chilling autoatack seemed designed for PVP, 4 out 5 skill being unfinished piles of garbage , it can only be used in pve against golems….and there its dps is lower cz of the chill etc..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

• 33k dps that isnt affected by alacrity to me isnt as terrible. Especially as the starting phases are easy – what matters is to quickly kill it at end when its chaotic. But same argument can be made for thief&ele and chaotic means more interrupts on gravediggers :
  • A necro in “executioner mode” is dealing less dps than a thief autoatacking. Or ele 3 button overloading.
    Yes they are squishier, but our GS and dagger autos have fallen a bit behind, since Anet buffed thief to deal with brokenant.

Thoughts?

I think power nerco is fine pve wise, its a great solo class and its perfectly fine to bring in a raid. There is usually 1-2 slots in a raid group that are often filled by thief, rev, d/wh ele, etc for just extra dps and are not core pillars of the group. This is where power necro fits in, it’s a very competitive and low in demand spot.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

• 33k dps that isnt affected by alacrity to me isnt as terrible. Especially as the starting phases are easy – what matters is to quickly kill it at end when its chaotic. But same argument can be made for thief&ele and chaotic means more interrupts on gravediggers :
  • A necro in “executioner mode” is dealing less dps than a thief autoatacking. Or ele 3 button overloading.
    Yes they are squishier, but our GS and dagger autos have fallen a bit behind, since Anet buffed thief to deal with brokenant.

Thoughts?

I think power nerco is fine pve wise, its a great solo class and its perfectly fine to bring in a raid. There is usually 1-2 slots in a raid group that are often filled by thief, rev, d/wh ele, etc for just extra dps and are not core pillars of the group. This is where power necro fits in, it’s a very competitive and low in demand spot.

Lol necro is lame in PVP now, and mediocre at best in PVE also. Love it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Thoughts?

Lol necro is lame in PVP now, and mediocre at best in PVE also. Love it.

Necro is highly desirable in all of salvation pass, and at least second best in slot for condi in spirit vale

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Necro is highly desirable in all of salvation pass

Condi Nec is.
Topic is about Power Nec.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Bleeding Necro is only desired vs power resistant bosses in PvE, as far as i know.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Necro is highly desirable in all of salvation pass

Condi Nec is.
Topic is about Power Nec.

person i responded to said necro only

in Necromancer

Posted by: NuhDah.9812

NuhDah.9812

I want to build a condi necro, but I can only find newer topics about this power build. Can you share a link for the build or details on how to build it?

in Necromancer

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

I want to build a condi necro, but I can only find newer topics about this power build. Can you share a link for the build or details on how to build it?

Metabattle.com has a condi reaper build called viper horror, it’s the main build for condi necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Metabattle.com has a condi reaper build called viper horror, it’s the main build for condi necro

Lets be clear what aspect of the game we are talking about this is pve. I know the thread mentions it but the posters doesn’t really say what aspect.

in Necromancer

The one to Rule.2593

Lets be clear what aspect of the game we are talking about this is pve. I know the thread mentions it but the posters doesn’t really say what aspect.

the build i posted was a pve build

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

the build i posted was a pve build

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burn_centers_in_the_United_States

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

NuhDah.9812

Yeap, I was asking for the pve build for now. Not sure what I’ll go for in pvp, but I’ll figure it out when I’ll get there.

in Necromancer

NuhDah.9812

Thank you all for your guidance.

in Necromancer

The one to Rule.2593

Yeap, I was asking for the pve build for now. Not sure what I’ll go for in pvp, but I’ll figure it out when I’ll get there.

Again, the build I advocated was pve

in Necromancer

The one to Rule.2593

in Necromancer

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

Quwestion: When you say 33 thousand damage per second do you actually mean 3300 damage per second? 33k sounds a bit far fetched at the least.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Matt Stacey.7415

Matt Stacey.7415

Quwestion: When you say 33 thousand damage per second do you actually mean 3300 damage per second? 33k sounds a bit far fetched at the least.

Pathetic DPS testers put all buffs on themselves and then whack the DPS golem for a few hours. The sad part is they use these numbers to determine how viable builds are, even though by doing this it kittens up the entire perspective. By doing this it takes boon generation out of the equation completely, and assumes 100% ideal situations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Pathetic DPS testers put all buffs on themselves and then whack the DPS golem for a few hours. The sad part is they use these numbers to determine how viable builds are, even though by doing this it kittens up the entire perspective. By doing this it takes boon generation out of the equation completely, and assumes 100% ideal situations

Personally, when I do my DPS tests, I only assume aura-like traits (namely Spotter and Empower Allies, I supply the Vampiric Aura in my tests), 25 Might, 25 Vuln, and Fury. Might and Vuln are quick to stack to max anyway, so there isn’t too terribly much wrong with just assuming that on solo-tests. The lack of ramp-up on those is more than evened out by the lack of other buffs with more limited uptime.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

The first half is GS autoatack rotation and it did 2mil dmg in 90s aka 22k dps.

The second half switches to gs#2 spam rotation, which deals 27k dps + 20% bonus from trait = 33k dps aka he really finishes second half of 2mil dmg in 60seconds.

That is ofc all unrealistic buffs, tho alacrity wouldnt affect the gravedigger spam by much as basicaly a new autoatack. Realistic buffsscenarios and mechanics like dodgine etc are over 30% lower overall.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zarquon.9152

Zarquon.9152

‘Pathetic’. Stay classy.

This is how you test the DPS for all builds. You test them all assuming a perfect scenario and see what the DPS is like; then you adjust it downwards because a perfect scenario is likely impossible. However, by testing it out this way, be the build an Elementalist build, or a Necromancer build, or whatever, you find out what the DPS is in a perfect scenario and can compare accordingly.

Here is an example of how the DPS benchmark is tested:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4ft01q/qt_dps_benchmarkstests_for_all_classes/
Look at all the videos. All the classes and all their builds are tested twice; once with buffs, and once without, then compared accordingly.