Damage Modifier: 0.62
Range: 180 AOE Cone
Target(s): 3
Condition(s): BIindness 1 second

Chain 2 ~ Soul Puncture 3/4 cast
Range: 180 AOE Line
Additional Effects: 2% life force gain per target hit.

Chain 3 ~ Nightmare 1 cast
Damage Modifier: 0.95
Range: 240 AOE Line
Boons: Might 5 seconds
Additional Effects: Sacrifice 1% health for each enemy hit, and gain 1 stack of might for each enemy hit

Skill 2
Awaken the Blood 1/2 cast
Damage Modifier: 0.42
Range: 600 Homing Spell
Target(s): 1
Cooldown: 8 seconds
Additional Effects: 100% critical strike chance while using this skill, your next successful attack also has 100% critical strike chance.

Skill 3
Corrupted Slide 3/4 cast
Damage Modifier: 0.37
Range: 600 Forward Dash
Target(s): 5
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Boons: Swiftness 3 seconds
Additional Effects: Combo Field pulses dealing damage modifier 0.37 over the course of 5 seconds.
Combo Field: Dark

Skill 4
Bloodwake 1.. 1/2 cast
Damage Modifier: 1.16
Healing Modifier: 0.33
Cooldown: 25 seconds
Addition Effects: Heals allies, sacrifice 1% health for each enemy damaged and ally healed this by this skill. (maximum 5%)
Additional Effects: 4% life force for each target damaged and healed by this skill (maximum 20%).

Skill 5
Life Bane Strike 3/4 cast
Range: 400 Leap, 120 radius
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Condition(s): Dazes 1 second
Combo Finisher: Blast

(edited by Desaita.3792)

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

the odds of necros getting attention outside of the ‘lol conditions/fear op/lich form op’ end is very unlikely. we have a ton of problems(MOBILITY) that can be solved incredibly easily, strangely enough, by the implication of your post. A LEAP BAM. MOBILITY. or kitten, PROTECTION IN DEATH SHROUD. BAM. ATTRITION.
yeah neither of those will happen. i am so cynical about this class i literally just returned today after a two month hiatus. now it’s like ‘yeah yeah, i got killed by six enemy players, blahblah, respawn.’
sorry, that was very off topic.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: LYNDSAYLOO.7403

LYNDSAYLOO.7403

In a perfect world <3

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kenna.2586

Kenna.2586

i think this would be a good idea because i don’t like the fact that they can’t use any type of sword. i mean i like the way necros are but if they had a death great sword that would be pretty freakin’ cool.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tenzhine.8916

Tenzhine.8916

No! Seriously what i wanted to see with Necromancer is that it uses minions and condition to bring death to my foes.

Not a brutish fighter who uses brawn than brain.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

No! Seriously what i wanted to see with Necromancer is that it uses minions and condition to bring death to my foes.

Well, what I want is to use my Necromancer in dungeons. You already have your wish, so let me get mine.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sors Immani.8429

Sors Immani.8429

NO GS, all hail hammer necros!

Hammer
Damage: 1,034-1,166

1- AA (cleave)
> Spectral Gaze : Pummel your foes with ghostly forces and gain spectral energy
Damage 296 (0.8)
Strikes: 4
LF Gain – 4%
Channel time: 2s
Targets: 3
Range 1200

2-Jaundiced Slam: Bash your target with a blast of necrotic energy. Inflicts Poison and Weakness on targets already suffering from a condition. Affects nearby targets.
Damage 518 (1.25)
Poison Damage 420 (5 sec)
Weakness Duration 5 sec
Targets: 5
Radius: 100
Range 1200
CD: 12

3- Mark of Fury Slam you hammer into the ground and inscribe a mark at your location that Immobilizes foes when they trigger it and grants Fury and Quickness Protection to allies.
Damage 235 (.8)
Fury 4 seconds
Quickness: 2 seconds Protection: 5 seconds
Immobilization: 1 sec
CD: 20

Alternate skill 3: Shadow Strike Send out a wave of dark energy that Cripples enemies. Chills and deals additional damage against foes with boons.
Damage: 296 (0.9)
Damage with boons: 535 (0.9)
Crippled: 5 sec
Chilled: 3 sec
Range: 900
CD: 20s

4- Mark of Pain Slam you hammer into the ground and inscribe a mark at your location that Torments and Bleeds foes when they trigger it. Leaves an ice field.
Damage: 380 (1.0)
Torment: 1,600 (5x) (10 seconds)
Bleed: 1,020 (3x) (8 seconds)
Combo field: ice
Field duration: 2 seconds
CD: 30

5- Mark of Oppression Slam you hammer into the ground and inscribe a mark at your location that Confuses foes when they trigger it. Leaves a Well of Darkness.
Damage: 554 (.65)
Confusion: 650 on skill use (5x) (5 seconds)
Well Duration: 3 sec
Blind: 1s
Pulses: 3
CD: 45

Homeworld: Dragonbrand—Necro main Sors Immani, leader of Ripple Effect [RE]
aka Thalakos Dralnu, Voxt Umultus, and Jalis Haafingar.
Vulgarity is no substitution for wit.

(edited by Sors Immani.8429)

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I like hammer for necro more. Although I find the ones Sors suggested too OP.

For example Mark of Fury you suggested, mark that immobilize plus fury and quickness. Either one of those is already super powerful.

The 4% LF gain is too much on a cleaving AA.

little rant: Sometimes it’s disheartening to see so many thoughts/suggestions fellow necros come up with yet the devs seem to ignore this community. Balancing thoughts, trait discussion, skill revamp, new weapon, I see these every single week. Yet all we get is skill fact fix patch after patch. I’ve lost most hope already.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Sors Immani.8429

I like hammer for necro more. Although I find the ones Sors suggested too OP.

For example Mark of Fury you suggested, mark that immobilize plus fury and quickness. Either one of those is already super powerful.

The 4% LF gain is too much on a cleaving AA.

little rant: Sometimes it’s disheartening to see so many thoughts/suggestions fellow necros come up with yet the devs seem to ignore this community. Balancing thoughts, trait discussion, skill revamp, new weapon, I see these every single week. Yet all we get is skill fact fix patch after patch. I’ve lost most hope already.

Edited to tone down Mark of Fury. Now grants Protection instead of Quickness.

Also, the LF gain on AA is identical to Staff 1, only spread out over 2 seconds as opposed to Necrotic Grasp 0.75 seconds (and what, 1 second-ish aftercast). Bear in mind Necrotic Grasp is technically a form of cleave (as in, in ANet’s logic), as it pierces and can strike up to 5 targets as well. So no, it’s not too much.

(edited by Sors Immani.8429)

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Desaita.3792

Desaita.3792

To be honest eventually I would like to see every weapon open up for every class. because that was the way Guild Wars was, and to see the Sequel have less variation than the first game is a bit of a let down. I understand that there was no skills based on having a sword for a necromancer. However that wasn’t the point. Being able to play the necromancer with the “Dead Sword” Skin was bad kitten . I would love to play a necromancer in Guild Wars 2 that didn’t feel ultimately… lame. I have a sick set of gear but my play-style and skill build is nothing in comparison to what I had in Guild Wars.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Desaita.3792

I could teleport, life steal, use a sword, sprint, lay down heavy (non condition) dps as well as condition dps. I could also command my own kittening army. Minnions in anything other than PVP are pathetic… In Guild Wars a minnion master was almost essential. It was highly desired, but in Guild Wars 2 dare I say it is useless?

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Desaita.3792

adorable fbombs are replaced with kitten.. lol

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Desaita.3792

To further elaborate on my distress of not being allowed to build in similar ways to the first game. Someone tried to mock my idea of a greatsword necromancer by mentioning a staff theif. Now… anyone who played guildwars will tell you staff “assassins” were possibly the most infamous and abused class around. I think they are more well known as perma-sins. I would actually love to see that build brought into guild wars 2 for the theif if only to mock the old build. Obviously with a massive change to the invincibility factor.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: KThrace.2579

KThrace.2579

Being somewhat of a new player I was somewhat taken back by the fact that I couldn’t use all the weapons available to obtain within the game. I never really go into a game expecting something like that. I feel as though with the ability to be able to swap back and forth so easily, that being able to use all the weapons would open a whole new variety of builds and play styles within the game. I feel like in the scale of what work went into the game it could not require that much more work to yield a much greater expanse in the gameplay.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: ChopStickMasta.5672

ChopStickMasta.5672

I would love to see a Necro with a greatsword because this would add some new indepth gameplay of tactics and visual effects! This is a great idea Desaita!

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: UndeadTitan.2950

UndeadTitan.2950

This would be perfect, probably one of the greatest ideas thus far. Giving necros more of a variety besides just their normal dagger, focus, staff, etc… Ideas like this should be built upon to maybe, HOPEFULLY, give some of the classes a little more variety. I’m not that experienced of a player yet. I’ve only had this game for about a month and a half now, but some of the weapons for my Thief class are getting old… and fast. Something like giving a Great Sword to a Necro, or maybe even an Axe for Thief, would make this game just that much better than it already is. I’ve played a lot of MMORPG’s but this one is so far my favorite, and seeing something like this… would make mine, and a lot of other players experiences that much better. Please take this post into consideration.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Desaita.3792

Also I want to see a Hammer Ranger build. BRING BACK THE BUNNY THUMPER!! No solid Ideas except a leap knockdown with bunny animations!!

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Traave.4036

Traave.4036

Okay okay okay, despite any of your qualms with this build (despite it frickin rocking) how epic would you look on your kitten necro throwin around your dark magic and using it to wield a greatsword like an executioner straight out of the grave. I’m not saying it will happen anytime soon but the classes do need a bit more flavor and I dont think a theif with a staff or a ranger with a hammer or even a elementalist with a got dang warhorn would be a terrible idea. I approve this greatsword build and hope it gets some recognition

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

And that already exists. I see no reason why a necromancer couldn’t also be a death knight type of character. On that note, I’d LOVE a spectral themed weapon.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: HorridForm.5926

HorridForm.5926

I would want to keep the great sword with some range since a Necro is still a light armor class, but not so much range that it would overshadow the staff.

Chain 1: Weaken Armor
1/2 second
Damage: (.6)
Vulnerability (2): 5 Seconds
Number of Targets: 5
Range: 500
Chain 2: Defile Flesh
1/2 second
Damage: (.7)
Poison (2): 2 Seconds
Life Force: 1%
Chain 3: Necrosis
1/2 second
Damage: (1.1)
+10% damage per condition
Life Force: 3%

Skill 2: Malaise
1/2 second
Cool Down: 10 seconds
Damage: (.7 per hit)
Number of Impact: 2
Weakness: 2 seconds
Range: 600
Combo Finisher: Whirl
Life Force: 4%

Skill 3: Shadow Strike
3/4 second
Cool Down: 15 seconds
Damage: (1.2)
Blindness: 3 seconds
Chill: 2 seconds
Life Steal: 10%
Radius: 180
Combo Finisher: Leap

Skill 4: Rending Strikes
1 second
Cool Down: 20 seconds
Damage: (.5, .6, .7)
1st target removes 3 boons
2nd target removes 2 boons
3rd target removes 1 boon
Number of Bounces: 2

Skill 5: Desecrate
3/4 second
Ground Target
Cool Down: 30 seconds
Convert 1 boon to a condition
+10% Damage per boon on target foe

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Desaita.3792

Your build although well thought out would place us back into a situation where Necromancers are too condition heavy. I’m trying to form a build that is not condition based like most other weapons for Necromancer.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

All classes should be able to use all weapon types.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

All classes should be able to use all weapon types.

wasn’t this stated by anet somewhere?

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I wouldn’t use Greatsword on my Sylvari necro (just doesn’t suit the aesthetic I want for her), but Dhuumseal would be a very fitting greatsword for a Necro.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

I would want to keep the great sword with some range since a Necro is still a light armor class, but not so much range that it would overshadow the staff.

Chain 1: Weaken Armor
1/2 second
Damage: (.6)
Vulnerability (2): 5 Seconds
Chain 2: Defile Flesh
1/2 second
Damage: (.7)
Poison (2): 2 Seconds
Life Force: 1%
Chain 3: Necrosis
1/2 second
Damage: (1.1)
+10% damage per condition
Life Force: 3%

Skill 2: Malaise
1/2 second
Cool Down: 10 seconds
Damage: (.7 per hit)
Number of Impact: 2
Weakness: 2 seconds
Combo Finisher: Whirl
Life Force: 4%

Skill 3: Shadow Strike
3/4 second
Cool Down: 15 seconds
Blindness: 3 seconds
Chill: 2 seconds
Life Steal: 10%
Combo Finisher: Leap

Skill 4: Rending Strikes
1 second
Cool Down: 20 seconds
Damage: (.5, .6, .7)
1st target removes 3 boons
2nd target removes 2 boons
3rd target removes 1 boon
Number of Bounces: 2

Skill 5: Desecrate
3/4 second
Ground Target
Cool Down: 30 seconds
Convert 1 boon to a condition
+10% Damage per boon on target foe

Necros have a crappy ranged melee weapon, it’s called an axe. -.-

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Change sword with hammer! Not enough classes use hammers. :<

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

The problem I see in many fan weapon designs is that they have very little to absoultely no synergy between the abilities. I like when weapon makes sense e.g. One skill affects another etc.

Also, If new Necromancer’s weapons are to be added, I want them to have more original interesting effect/sacrafice design. Not just bland “Oh, here’s some damage, a knockback and a boon”

Also, Greatsword, really? It would be ridiculous and getting closer to anime style I hate with whole of my heart.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Sors Immani.8429

This

Again, all hail the hammermancer!

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

This

Again, all hail the hammermancer!

only gripe i have with that is we don’t need to be any slower than we are already.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Desaita.3792

I’m not saying pick either hammer or g-sword necro. Im saying that all weapons should be release on all classes. This is just the one Im most enthusiastic about. as for saying its too close to the anime style you hate… don’t play an ANIMATED video game then. That is the most ridiculous comment I’ve ever read. I would love to play more unique builds with a larger variety of weapons and I know a lot of other people would too. So I’m currently working on concept art for the build I’ve written and I’ll post a more accurate build again soon.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

I’m not saying pick either hammer or g-sword necro. Im saying that all weapons should be release on all classes. This is just the one Im most enthusiastic about. as for saying its too close to the anime style you hate… don’t play an ANIMATED video game then. That is the most ridiculous comment I’ve ever read. I would love to play more unique builds with a larger variety of weapons and I know a lot of other people would too. So I’m currently working on concept art for the build I’ve written and I’ll post a more accurate build again soon.

anime refers to japanese cartoons. that being the case i want nothing from anime in my guild wars.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Desaita.3792

obviously no one who is commenting is an artist of any shape or form…

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I might support long hammer if it’s #5 skill was a forced transform like moa; except an Undead moa I can command. Muhahahaaa.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Desaita.3792

I would love a hammer build with a minnion summon skill built in.

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Desaita.3792

Skill 1

Chain 1 ~ Sundering Shade 3/4 cast
Condition(s): BIindness 1 second

Chain 2 ~ Soul Puncture 3/4 cast
Range: 180 AOE Line
Additional Effects: 2% life force gain per target hit.

Chain 3 ~ Nightmare 1 cast
Damage Modifier: 0.95
Range: 240 AOE Line
Boons: Might 5 seconds
Additional Effects: Sacrifice 1% health for each enemy hit, and gain 1 stack of might for each enemy hit

Skill 2
Awaken the Blood 1/2 cast
Damage Modifier: 0.42
Range: 600 Homing Spell
Target(s): 1
Cooldown: 8 seconds
Additional Effects: 100% critical strike chance while using this skill, your next successful attack also has 100% critical strike chance.

Skill 3
Corrupted Slide 3/4 cast
Damage Modifier: 0.37
Range: 600 Forward Dash
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Boons: Swiftness 3 seconds
Additional Effects: Combo Field pulses dealing damage modifier 0.37 over the course of 5 seconds.

Skill 4
Bloodwake 1.. 1/2 cast
Healing Modifier: 0.33
Cooldown: 25 seconds
Addition Effects: Heals allies, sacrifice 1% health for each enemy damaged and ally healed this by this skill. (maximum 5%)
Additional Effects: 4% life force for each target damaged and healed by this skill (maximum 20%).

Skill 5
Life Bane Strike 3/4 cast
Range: 400 Leap, 120 radius
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Condition(s): Dazes 1 second

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

obviously no one who is commenting is an artist of any shape or form…

what a totally relevant comment, thank you. -throws scarf back and puts on beret-

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

probably impossible, but maybe have hammer for necro, but not truly wielded by the necro. like have a minion get summoned or something that swings the hammer for you when you use a hammer. make it a ranged weapon, give the hammer X range, hammer-toting minion will go that far to attack, and still fits with the whole “use animations to predict what’s coming”. i mean come on, if you can’t notice the hammer-toting minion coming at you, you need your eyes checked. for skills i got nothing. also, if they target the minion it will automatically target you, since in this case the minion would technically be you.

Fix what you have before you build something new

Great Sword, for NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morv.9837

Morv.9837

While I doubt it will happen, I would LOVE to have a greatsword necro, just for the fashion of the thing. Fashion souls forever.