Great WvW Fear Build - 25 stacks of Might!

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

Did a test run last night to get my 50 kills for my monthly and the k/d ratio was extremely high.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBmQDbkRLdPezTjfTRI94ZXDaQFefUhgRpQdpD

Pretty self-explanatory:

WvW you’ll be getting a ton of CC, go w/ Consume Conditions.

See an enemy? Use BiP. It’ll apply 10 stacks of might for 15.5 seconds. Switch into DS for the Reaper’s Might buff to get up to 20+ stacks of might (since it also lasts 15s w/ each hit) by the time you get out of DS. Once out of DS you’re packing 20+ stacks of might that you CAN get all of your staff skills out for extremely fast burst dps/DoT.

Keep Corrupt Boon for special occasions… like every now and then I would see a warrior or ele use a special skill that would grant them a ton of boons as a last resort when the battle wasn’t going their way and they needed to run… congratz on the stack of freeze & cripple, they’re not going anywhere, you just secured your team another kill.

The ONLY way I’ve been able to bring my stacks of might up to 25 was when I layed down the Well of Power and the enemy team was also using AoE condition spams, so be aware that you’ll constantly have at least a 10 stack perma-Might if you play this build correctly.

Oh, and stick to using a Warhorn and Plague elite. In battle movement is everything. Either running towards or away from the enemy. Warhorn helps in both areas and Plague should only be used when escaping as the cripple + blind will give you the extra seconds you need to reach your team just a skip away.

For equips I recommend full AC gear as it gives you the most survivability while you run & kite.

I also used a Superior Sigil of Battle (3 stacks of Might for 20s) on my Staff to boost the might when I switched to my Staff. Pretty much I would run w/ Locust Swarm, see an enemy mob, use BiP (which caused me into combat mode), switched to my staff and instantly start the fight w/ 13 stacks of Might. From there it was a matter of ABC’s when fighting to reach 20+ stacks of Might in under 10s.

Dagger I used Superior Sigil of Bloodlust to add to my power as a finisher (Locust Swarm to chase down enemy along w/ Dark Pact to guarantee the kill since Dagger has the highest base DPS).

And For the Warhorn I added a Superior Sigil of Hydromancy (Freeze nearby foes for 3s when swapping to this weapon) for help w/ escape.

Try it out and let me know what you think!

(edited by ThCakeIsALie.5306)

in Necromancer

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

I was not expecting you to give away teh sekretz… Yer going to get us Nerfed again.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KoKaLo.7539

KoKaLo.7539

I’m using a similar build but with Unyielding blast for adding vulnerability along with might.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Interesting build… has anyone tried it out?

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

To be honest, outside of PVE, I can’t see this working. What player is going to stand there and let you poke at him with DS1 10 times? If he is attacking you, your DS isn’t going to last nearly enough to get off 5 attacks, let alone 10 attacks.

That being said, if you modified to use the following setup:

4x Altruism runes (3 stacks of might on heal and 15% boon duration)
2x Monk runes (15% boon duration)
2x battle sigils, one on each offhand (or staff)

You are now running 60% increased boon duration.

I found this build to be extremely easy to keep might up, without relying on people to let me green blob them for 20 seconds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

I think what KoKaLo had done by making use of Unyielding Blast along with the might would be better. I think Fear of Death being replaced for Unyielding Blast because I tend to find if I go down then more than likely im dead. Plus 90 second cooldown is a long time.

But if your stacking might with life blast and at the same time stacking vulnerability on them, that will increase your damage output. Was just thinking that might be better a better route.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

in Necromancer

ThCakeIsALie.5306

To be honest, outside of PVE, I can’t see this working. What player is going to stand there and let you poke at him with DS1 10 times?

No one. Make sure you aren’t doing a 1-man army routine, that’s just stupid. Team fights all the way.

You’ll primarily be mid-back of mob fights at all times if you’re playing WvW correctly. You’ll focus on one enemy at a time until you lose sight due to enemy running away, then you switch to closest enemy w/ whatever macro you have yours programmed to and continue building Might. Once out of DS you should be able to spam all 5 staff skills w/ 20+ stacks of Might on.

in Necromancer

ThCakeIsALie.5306

I think what KoKaLo had done by making use of Unyielding Blast along with the might would be better. I think Fear of Death being replaced for Unyielding Blast because I tend to find if I go down then more than likely im dead. Plus 90 second cooldown is a long time.

But if your stacking might with life blast and at the same time stacking vulnerability on them, that will increase your damage output. Was just thinking that might be better a better route.

I thought about this too, but stacks of Vulnerability only stack for 1% boost of damage… which isn’t much. 25 stacks of Vuln is great, but this build is geared towards Might, not Vuln.

Play the build that suites your style, I just kept Fear of Death on because it’s geared towards the build being primarily focused around Fear and Might.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THIS BUILD EVER BE USED AS A 1-MAN ARMY! Remember, WvW is a TEAM fight. Fear of Death is used primarily for that… for you to delay your death even further in hopes your allies rez you in time. After all, you have the highest natural health pool in the game… tell me why are you dying so fast again?

But I have nothing against if you choose to alter this build to your playstyle. I found it very interesting how ez it was to keep a 10 stack perma-Might.

in Necromancer

ThCakeIsALie.5306

Oh, and I haven’t done a test run on the overall dps of using Unyielding Blast. Anyone know if the ‘piercing’ damage adds even more dps?

I may actually change to Unyielding Blast depending on the overall dps output… as in WvW I hardly ever go down if I play safely.

(edited by ThCakeIsALie.5306)

in Necromancer

Posted by: KoKaLo.7539

KoKaLo.7539

With unyielding Blast projectiles pierce enemies so you can hit multiple enemies if they are one behind the other. I don’t think there is a piercing damage but I haven’t done any testing