Greater Marks Bugged?

Greater Marks Bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jaraxal.5028

Jaraxal.5028

I have 20 points in Death Magic and selected Greater Marks (II). The only mark that changes its radius is Chillblains. This is true in the tool tip and the mark size on the ground. Is this by design or a known issue?

Greater Marks Bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zelethul.7982

Zelethul.7982

Known. Before you post anything about a Necro bug, you should check our extensive bug listing.

Don’t feel bad though, the Necro is probably the most bugged class of anything I have played in any MMO. And kitten near has more bugs than several other classes combined in this game.

Greater Marks Bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Torvarren.6295

Torvarren.6295

Necro is bugged yes, but I just see that as a challenge. And no, necro is not the most bugged class in any mmo, that would be the conjuror from EQ2.

Greater Marks Bugged?

in Necromancer

Zelethul.7982

Necro is bugged yes, but I just see that as a challenge. And no, necro is not the most bugged class in any mmo, that would be the conjuror from EQ2.

I knew when I said that, that someone from one of the few MMOs I haven’t played would come along and nail me on it. I stand corrected. Necro is one of the very worst in recent history, however. This is indisputable.

In any case, I kind of see it as a challenge in the same fashion as you, but you have to admit, that looking through that bug list at the top of this forum is daunting and disheartening.

Greater Marks Bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I have 20 points in Death Magic and selected Greater Marks (II). The only mark that changes its radius is Chillblains. This is true in the tool tip and the mark size on the ground. Is this by design or a known issue?

The mark placement icon only increases in size with Chillblains, but all of the marks are actually that size when placed.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Greater Marks Bugged?

in Necromancer

Jaraxal.5028

Known. Before you post anything about a Necro bug, you should check our extensive bug listing.

Don’t feel bad though, the Necro is probably the most bugged class of anything I have played in any MMO. And kitten near has more bugs than several other classes combined in this game.

I did a forum search for Greater Marks and no threads came up highlighting it as a known bug. That’s why I asked. Thank you for the info!

Now is it a tooltip/visual bug only? Or does it not actually increase the radius when used?

Greater Marks Bugged?

in Necromancer

Jaraxal.5028

I found the bug in the bug thread. I can’t believe I didn’t see that thread when I started looking. I’m also surprised a forum search didn’t bring back that thread.

Ah well, I know where to look now! Thank you!

Greater Marks Bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

Actually I’m playing Staff Necro (and did so just yesterday). I have traited for greater marks, too and everything was fine. The marks visuals were bigger as well as their effect radius.

Now I don’t want to imply that you’re lying or anything, so the bug is probably not consistent. What’s important now would be to figure out the circumstances under which the bug is occuring. I will post my current spec later on when I have some more time.

Greater Marks Bugged?

in Necromancer

Zelethul.7982

I found the bug in the bug thread. I can’t believe I didn’t see that thread when I started looking. I’m also surprised a forum search didn’t bring back that thread.

Ah well, I know where to look now! Thank you!

Happy to help.

And to the poster above me, hmm. Interesting. But, as for myself, I still see the bugged visual effect. It is noticeable on the battlefield that it places a larger mark, but still the original bug of all but Chillblains not showing up as being larger, remains.

Luckily, this is not one of the more egregious bugs known to us, merely a mild visual annoyance.

Greater Marks Bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aexrael.5918

Aexrael.5918

Actually I’m playing Staff Necro (and did so just yesterday). I have traited for greater marks, too and everything was fine. The marks visuals were bigger as well as their effect radius.

Now I don’t want to imply that you’re lying or anything, so the bug is probably not consistent. What’s important now would be to figure out the circumstances under which the bug is occuring. I will post my current spec later on when I have some more time.

Toggle off “Fast-Cast Ground Targeting” and you’ll see the bug.

Greater Marks Bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

This bug is really annoying in pretty much every situation..sad it hasn’t been fixed yet. I prefer not to use fast cast so it affects me for sure. Hope necro gets some love soon.

Greater Marks Bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

… Huh?
I clicked this topic expecting to see how Greater Mark’s “unblockable” feature seems a bit iffy.

It’s a known issue that only Chillblain’s tooltip shows an increase in radius yes. However, all the marks, including Mark of Evasion’s are indeed at the new 240 radius – as large as a well.

I’ve been using Greater Marks for as long as I put my first 10 points into Death Magic, and have been applying beautiful wide range bleeds, chills, fears, and condition transfers for some time.

Edit: Tried disabling Fast-casting. The AoE indicator is indeed bugged – only Chillblains shows correctly. The actual marks though, definitely have a 240 radius.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)

Greater Marks Bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Druitt.7629

Druitt.7629

The inconsistency I see is the targeting mark: Chillbain’s target circle shows up as larger — as large as the mark if I drop it — while the other marks have an original-sized target circle though the mark itself is larger if I drop it.

This can cause a problem if I’m trying to drop any mark, except Chillbain, just short of a mob: it’ll end up too big and immediately hit them.

So perhaps some of us are looking at the radius of the cast mark on the ground, while others are looking at the target circle. (Obviously if you use fast-casting you don’t see a target circle in the first place.)

I’m a total un-fan of jagged Horrors, so hate to pick up that minor trait, but can’t see using Marks without an enlarged radius.

(edited by Druitt.7629)