Greatsword Feedback/Suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warscythes.9307

Warscythes.9307

That would probably be pretty big to boost the numbers like that, I am pretty sure it would beat dagger in terms of LF regen in single target, even if it doesn’t then is pretty kitten close. Dagger should be the best weapon for generating life force in single target bar none, GS shouldn’t even be close. Maybe try to mix GS3 in occasionally to boost your LF? It generates quite a bit of LF even if is only one target.

I can only see this happening in PvP because nobody take greatswords anyway and even if they do, they are not spamming autos. But PvE? Nah.

in Necromancer

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

I run GS, Dagger/Focus. Unless there are a lot of enemies, enemies are below 50%, or you need 3, 4, 5 for a specific reason you should probably use something else.

Dagger has some decent life force gain. Combined with blighters boon/str sigil I regen very fast.

(edited by hazenvirus.8154)

in Necromancer

Posted by: TychoNewtonius.2189

TychoNewtonius.2189

so death spiral goes from giving 36% (39.6%) life force to 54% (59.4%) life force great idea op. totally balanced that would be. (this is assuming you hit the maximum of 3 people with it).

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

The only real problem I have with GS is the cast times in the AA, the CAst time on Gravedigger, and the fact Grasping Darkness clips the terrain a lot.

Change the AA to 1/2, 1/2, 3/4, give Gravedigger a 1 second cast time and reduced aftercast. Also, could they make it so nightfall also applies chill instead of cripple? I don’t think that’d be too much. But I still enjoy using the GS, and I’ll try and find a way to make it work.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

GS is very high reward and when roaming or getting into a 1v1 its not easy to land. Tho as I said reward when u do is what wins fights as Reaper. Cast times is abit to high still, not saying short them alot but yea cut them alitte imho cause its hard to even land 1 GD vs a good player without pre-casting it…

Fought a top-EU tourney thief last night in 1v1 and I landed only 2 Hits (yes 2 hits entire fight) and that killed him. An Executioner Scythe for 8,5k and a GD for 15k so yea the reward is clearly high on GS but its our trickiest Weapon to use in PvP by far…

ps: I Love GS

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

And Staff Marks traited in zerg generate a lot of life force too.

For Greatsword, instead of increasing AA LF generation, maybe put one also on Nightfall. (1% per pulse per target). The whirling spell effect fit it.