Greatsword improvements part 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

New GS description… Fast attacks, like Reaper Shroud skills, with moderate damage. Your Necromancer will no longer be crappy in melee because we have finally made useful skirmishing and position skills . Enemies will no longer laugh when they catch you running outside of your zerg because you will be able to fight back now. (Reaper specialization only)

GS 1- Speed up the attacks. Like for real. 1 second chill to balance out the increased attack speed.

GS 2- 600 leap attack. No, not a reticle aiming skill. Ty.

GS 3- Death Spiral… You become a kick kitten drill of dark energy with your blade and dash forward to drill the crap out of enemies. This drilling rends the armor of foes in front of you. 600 dash range.

GS 4- Nightfall… Teleport to your target and call down a growing column of shadows that damages and applies conditions on foes per pulse. 900 teleport range that uses a ground targeting reticle.

GS 5- All good

*Change the weapon to do moderate damage to balance out these cool new features.

Thank you for reading these amazing suggestions!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

you really expect Necromancer having a weapon with 3 mobility skills?

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

you really expect Necromancer having a weapon with 3 mobility skills?

Yeah, it will be awesome!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

3 mobility skills does seem a bit much.
With Nightfall, I always thought it should be a mobile field (something they should utilize more in game). That would be even better than a teleport, considering a foe can just dodge and kite away from the field, once it spawns.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Anet clearly said that they want GS to be a slower weapon so the best you can hope for is maybe a short dash on death spiral (atleast i hope so) though even that is unrealistic considering that Anet can pretty stubborn…

Other than that i wish the 5→2 combo was harder to avoid, also making the gravedigger hard to avoid after the pull.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

Guys before i gave up on power necro since its pretty unreliable i always use sigil of agility for the one sec speed boost. changing from the other set to GS using insta 5 and then almost insta 2. hitting pretty much always due to the afterpull animation enemys got. also making 5 almost a sure hit.

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

With Nightfall, I always thought it should be a mobile field (something they should utilize more in game). That would be even better than a teleport, considering a foe can just dodge and kite away from the field, once it spawns.

Bit much? No way! It will make us Necros not suck in melee fights!

Bet even Cal Cohen will love it and start using GS in spvp!

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

You mean centered around you like the berserker one flames of war (torch 5)?

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

You mean centered around you like the berserker one flames of war (torch 5)?

Yeah. I really love the idea of mobile combo fields, and wish anet would implement a few more.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Way too much mobility on a spec/profesion that’s designed to not be crazy mobile. GS necro ends up more mobile than D/D thief, lol. Seriously, Death Spiral would be better off as as a replacement for Death Blossom.

Gravedigger is fine as-is, maybe could use some LF gen to reward players for taking the time to cast it and land it.

Death Spiral is fine as-is. Nothing crazy, nothing weak now, either.

Nightfall is probably the best skill on GS currently. GS is in a weak spot only because I think its cooldown is too long. Bring the cooldown to 20s base and it should help make the GS struggle a lot less.

Grasping Darkness is amazing when used properly, but it suffers from the fact mobility skills are on such low cooldowns. Cut the cooldown in half, and now you’ve got a menacing means of keeping your enemy close by, better chill application, better LF gain, and better CC all wrapped into an ability that takes some skill to use properly.

I’d rather see them utilize pulls and effects to bring the enemy to you rather than raw mobility. If the reaper wasn’t too inherently slow to be an effective melee without a trait and utility skill or gear investment, Spectral Grasp would be much more viable utility option, and fits perfectly with the concept overall.

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

Grasping Darkness is amazing when used properly, but it suffers from the fact mobility skills are on such low cooldowns. Cut the cooldown in half, and now you’ve got a menacing means of keeping your enemy close by, better chill application, better LF gain, and better CC all wrapped into an ability that takes some skill to use properly.

I dont think grasping darkness is that amazing (though it is certainly one of the better skills on greatsword). In general pulls arent good due their buggy nature but grasping darkness is even worse. Its really clunky to use and walls behind your opponent can prevent it from working. Yes with some practise you may be able to handle the clunkyness and with smart postioning you can avoid the wall bug but honestly why bother when you can just run some condi build or dagger/warhorn not to mention that there is no real way to prevent the usual pull bugs we also have with spectral grasp (e.g. opponents get stuck in the terrain and dont get pulled all the way to you).

Also why does projectile hate work against it? I dont think gaint claws from the ground should count as projectiles.

But yeah fix the clunkyness and the bugs and it becomes amazing.

For you idea of half the cd… sounds tempting.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

How about we don’t remove the only thing keeping power necros at least half-dead instead of fully in PVE? Thanks.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

in Necromancer

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Are these Suggestions PvP Motivated? I don’t see how this would help Necros in PvE.

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

Are these Suggestions PvP Motivated? I don’t see how this would help Necros in PvE.

So faster attacks, the ability to stick on target and a repositioning skill, that does damage as well, would not be useful in pve?

So I guess skills like Ranger GS 3, Guard GS 3, Guard Wings of Resolve, Guard Judge’s Intervention, War Earthshaker… are not helpful right?

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

Way too much mobility on a spec/profesion that’s designed to not be crazy mobile. GS necro ends up more mobile than D/D thief, lol. Seriously, Death Spiral would be better off as as a replacement for Death Blossom.

Gravedigger is fine as-is, maybe could use some LF gen to reward players for taking the time to cast it and land it.

Death Spiral is fine as-is. Nothing crazy, nothing weak now, either.

Nightfall is probably the best skill on GS currently. GS is in a weak spot only because I think its cooldown is too long. Bring the cooldown to 20s base and it should help make the GS struggle a lot less.

I’d rather see them utilize pulls and effects to bring the enemy to you rather than raw mobility. If the reaper wasn’t too inherently slow to be an effective melee without a trait and utility skill or gear investment, Spectral Grasp would be much more viable utility option, and fits perfectly with the concept overall.

Well, Necro sucks in melee in wvw and spvp. Reaper skills do not compensate for the lack of a consistent melee weapon in hand.

As for mobility, currently Necro is just a big bag of health so they need something, and thief would still be king of movement and positioning…

in Necromancer

Walhalla.5473

While faster attack is nice, GS2 should get also faster Attacks. And we don’t need more reposition Skills in PvE. Shroud 2 is enough. And the Ability to stick to the Target…. Git gut? Srsly its not a Problem at all to stick to the Target in PvE not even as a Reaper.

And nerfing the Weapons Damage for the “cool” new Feature is not helping at all in PvE

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

While faster attack is nice, GS2 should get also faster Attacks. And we don’t need more reposition Skills in PvE. Shroud 2 is enough. And the Ability to stick to the Target…. Git gut? Srsly its not a Problem at all to stick to the Target in PvE not even as a Reaper.

And nerfing the Weapons Damage for the “cool” new Feature is not helping at all in PvE

There is more to this game than just pve, and none of these changes nerf GS anyway…

Seriously, go run around wvw and spvp with your awful GS skills and come back to let me know how you’re doing…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Okami.7049

Okami.7049

There is more to this game than just pve, and none of these changes nerf GS anyway…

Seriously, go run around wvw and spvp with your awful GS skills and come back to let me know how you’re doing…

On the flip side I can argue that there’s more to the game than WvW/PvP. Don’t go looking at one side and roll your eyes at the other like a hypocrite. PvE is just as popular as the other modes and as such different players will have different opinions. In all seriousness: these changes would not benefit PvE much in any way and as such (since ArenaNet is about balancing between all modes) you most likely won’t see these changes anytime soon. Do we like the idea? Absolutely. But mobility would make more sense on Dagger or (if we got a new Melee weapon) Sword rather than a big, clunky GS. Skills should focus on bringing your opponent to you, not the other way around. It should have more control skills rather than raw damage because of that. Slow, powerful and controlling is what GS should be, not slow, powerful and bursting.

I can promise you a good Necro isn’t defined by the weapon they choose, but by their ability to adapt and know which Traits to use for which fight on the fly. Dagger sucks against Bosses PvE that have huge AoEs underneath them (Verdant Brink’s Matriarch?) but Axe would work pretty well in that scenario whereas in PvP Dagger would be the better option for the obviously faster DpS with a kite Lifesteal and Immobilizing Boon Corruption. GS is not as bad as everyone wants to make it out to be, simply because it doesn’t fit your playstyle doesn’t make it bad. GS 3, for example, is more useful than people give it credit for. Running Corrupter’s Fervor? Boom instant max stacks. Decimate Defenses? Boom 24% instant Crit Rate boost. But all every cares about is the numbers and not the fundamentals.

Going off of your OP: I wouldn’t change anything other than allowing GS5 to retarget before the animation goes off completely (so if you pop it and the enemy dodges behind you, you can still do a quick 180 and pull them instead of the claws pulling from the direction you were initially aiming) which I would recommend a tiny channel window for, and GS4 should be a moving field that sticks to the user. I mean, whenever you cast it you’re in the middle anyways and it’s not hard for an enemy to roll/dash/evade/leap out of it. Then you just have a field that’s completely useless, aside from possible Combos. Making the field stick to the Necro like Zerker does acts as both a defensive and offensive buff without really changing anything. The rest is fine as is, if we MUST pick at something else then maybe fix the after-cast of Gravedigger so it’s non-existant when the enemy is below 50% HP. Helps with Bosses and actually puts a higher skill curve on the skill since you’d be spinning like a tornado so it’d be easier to miss your target, especially while dodging. When you stop using Gravedigger I’d say have a small delay as a “Woah I’m dizzy” sign. But that’s only if we MUST pick at another skill, that really doesn’t need too much of a tweak otherwise.

There’s my opinion on the matter.

~ Death Is Not The Greatest Loss In Life, The Greatest Loss Is What Dies Inside Us While We Live. ~

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

On the flip side I can argue that there’s more to the game than WvW/PvP. Don’t go looking at one side and roll your eyes at the other like a hypocrite. PvE is just as popular as the other modes and as such different players will have different opinions. In all seriousness: these changes would not benefit PvE much in any way and as such (since ArenaNet is about balancing between all modes) you most likely won’t see these changes anytime soon. Do we like the idea? Absolutely. But mobility would make more sense on Dagger or (if we got a new Melee weapon) Sword rather than a big, clunky GS. Skills should focus on bringing your opponent to you, not the other way around. It should have more control skills rather than raw damage because of that. Slow, powerful and controlling is what GS should be, not slow, powerful and bursting.

I can promise you a good Necro isn’t defined by the weapon they choose, but by their ability to adapt and know which Traits to use for which fight on the fly. Dagger sucks against Bosses PvE that have huge AoEs underneath them (Verdant Brink’s Matriarch?) but Axe would work pretty well in that scenario whereas in PvP Dagger would be the better option for the obviously faster DpS with a kite Lifesteal and Immobilizing Boon Corruption. GS is not as bad as everyone wants to make it out to be, simply because it doesn’t fit your playstyle doesn’t make it bad. GS 3, for example, is more useful than people give it credit for. Running Corrupter’s Fervor? Boom instant max stacks. Decimate Defenses? Boom 24% instant Crit Rate boost. But all every cares about is the numbers and not the fundamentals.

Going off of your OP: I wouldn’t change anything other than allowing GS5 to retarget before the animation goes off completely (so if you pop it and the enemy dodges behind you, you can still do a quick 180 and pull them instead of the claws pulling from the direction you were initially aiming) which I would recommend a tiny channel window for, and GS4 should be a moving field that sticks to the user. I mean, whenever you cast it you’re in the middle anyways and it’s not hard for an enemy to roll/dash/evade/leap out of it. Then you just have a field that’s completely useless, aside from possible Combos. Making the field stick to the Necro like Zerker does acts as both a defensive and offensive buff without really changing anything. The rest is fine as is, if we MUST pick at something else then maybe fix the after-cast of Gravedigger so it’s non-existant when the enemy is below 50% HP. Helps with Bosses and actually puts a higher skill curve on the skill since you’d be spinning like a tornado so it’d be easier to miss your target, especially while dodging. When you stop using Gravedigger I’d say have a small delay as a “Woah I’m dizzy” sign. But that’s only if we MUST pick at another skill, that really doesn’t need too much of a tweak otherwise.

Please explain how faster melee attacks, melee skills that track targets and a teleport attack hurt a Necro in pve???

Are these skills bad for pve? Ranger GS 3? Guard GS 3? Guard Wings of Resolve? Guard Judge’s Intervention? War Earthshaker? Thief Dagger 2?

Go run around in wvw and spvp with your GS and come back to tell me it doesn’t need some utility to it… Better yet, maybe go stream your Necro GS build in these pvp modes and show us it’s fine?

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

Please explain how faster melee attacks, melee skills that track targets and a teleport attack hurt a Necro in pve???

Are these skills bad for pve? Ranger GS 3? Guard GS 3? Guard Wings of Resolve? Guard Judge’s Intervention? War Earthshaker? Thief Dagger 2?

Go run around in wvw and spvp with your GS and come back to tell me it doesn’t need some utility to it…

Well the problem is that Anet want reaper and GS specially to be slow and methodically. So unless they change their stance on it (which i doubt will ever happen) it is kinda pointless to want buffs that go completely against that theme.

If i consider this i think it be more beneficial for us to push GS in a direction that is more in line with this theme.

Dont get me wrong, i would gladly take more mobility on GS but honestly i just cannot see that Anet would ever give us mobility on GS.

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

Go run around in wvw and spvp with your GS and come back to tell me it doesn’t need some utility to it…

Well the problem is that Anet want reaper and GS specially to be slow and methodically. So unless they change their stance on it (which i doubt will ever happen) it is kinda pointless to want buffs that go completely against that theme.

If i consider this i think it be more beneficial for us to push GS in a direction that is more in line with this theme.

Dont get me wrong, i would gladly take more mobility on GS but honestly i just cannot see that Anet would ever give us mobility on GS.

The actual reaper isn’t slow, though, just the greatsword. It’s an awful design especially for our only melee weapon.

And before anyone, not you, says, “well great sword supposed to be slow weapon”…. take a look at ranger, guard, war and mes…

in Necromancer

Wintermute.5408

Go run around in wvw and spvp with your GS and come back to tell me it doesn’t need some utility to it… Better yet, maybe go stream your Necro GS build in these pvp modes and show us it’s fine?

Unless I misunderstood you, you are offering to replace current GS2 functionality with leap skill. Now, you can’t kill what’s already dead and all that, but GS2 is huge part of PVE power kit. Removing it will make necro sink to brand-new rock bottom.

in Necromancer

Walhalla.5473

Sry Swagger but while the Changes may be nice they are more likely a kick in the Balls for PvE Reapers. The only thing that would be beneficial would be GS1 with faster Attacks. But then you are overloading the Reaper with Mobility Skills. You would have 4 Skills who are Mobility Skills and also one grabbing your Enemies. Its far too much.

And for PvE. You are just talking about making Things more like Mobility Skills but not talking about how to balance the Damage, CD etc. If everything would stay the same except the Weapon Damage you want to decrease, and the Change just happens to be on the Mobility then you nerfed Reaper hard. Remember?

*Change the weapon to do moderate damage to balance out these cool new features.

I don’t mind Changes to the Reaper GS but it shouldn’t be a complete Rework to something that has more Mobility than a DD Thief or is even close to Daredevil.

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

Unless I misunderstood you, you are offering to replace current GS2 functionality with leap skill. Now, you can’t kill what’s already dead and all that, but GS2 is huge part of PVE power kit. Removing it will make necro sink to brand-new rock bottom.

What are you taking about? Please explain what in my suggestions “will make necro sink to a brand new rock bottom”?

Necro GS 2 becomes like Guard GS 3 and tracks the target…

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Leap_of_Faith

Necro GS 3 becomes like Ranger GS 3 and tracks the target…

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swoop

Necro GS 4 becomes like Guard “Judge’s Intervention” but you can aim where you want to port…

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Judge's_Intervention

Please take your GS power build in wvw and spvp then come back to tell me how awesome it is…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Necromancer

Mikhael.2391

You guys are just making me sad with good ideas that will never come

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

Sry Swagger but while the Changes may be nice they are more likely a kick in the Balls for PvE Reapers. The only thing that would be beneficial would be GS1 with faster Attacks. But then you are overloading the Reaper with Mobility Skills. You would have 4 Skills who are Mobility Skills and also one grabbing your Enemies. Its far too much.

And for PvE. You are just talking about making Things more like Mobility Skills but not talking about how to balance the Damage, CD etc. If everything would stay the same except the Weapon Damage you want to decrease, and the Change just happens to be on the Mobility then you nerfed Reaper hard. Remember?

I don’t mind Changes to the Reaper GS but it shouldn’t be a complete Rework to something that has more Mobility than a DD Thief or is even close to Daredevil.

Want to talk about kicks in the balls? Go GS in wvw or spvp and let me know how it goes…

It wouldn’t have more mobility than thief or daredevil built for mobility…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I dont think grasping darkness is that amazing (though it is certainly one of the better skills on greatsword). In general pulls arent good due their buggy nature but grasping darkness is even worse. Its really clunky to use and walls behind your opponent can prevent it from working. Yes with some practise you may be able to handle the clunkyness and with smart postioning you can avoid the wall bug but honestly why bother when you can just run some condi build or dagger/warhorn not to mention that there is no real way to prevent the usual pull bugs we also have with spectral grasp (e.g. opponents get stuck in the terrain and dont get pulled all the way to you).

Also why does projectile hate work against it? I dont think gaint claws from the ground should count as projectiles.

The walls issue only occurs when it hits a wall that has the “no valid path” effect. It would be nice to see fixed for general QoL, but I don’t consider it too major in most cases. Spend a while playing the thief and the issue becomes a lot less sporadic as you learn what objects/placements will/won’t work, and jump-casting can also help negate some of the issues as well (like pulling from structures above you).

You can free-aim it without a target, too, and it always tracks to your current position, even if it changes mid-pull. If you can’t get a good line, just de-target → cast → re-target while re-positioning for the better line and it’ll work consistently since it’s an AoE that hugs the terrain unlike all other pulls which depend on the target. The hitbox is bigger than the visual which further makes it further consistent if you happen to misjudge where you’re enemy might be, too.

I had an excellent fight against a thief yesterday while using GS (100-0 flawless despite being jumped from stealth) which I was going to post to the necro boards to showcase how GS can be used well. Unfortunately GeForce Experience decided it was time to update precisely during that fight and the replay feature got disabled >_< He wasn’t an amazing thief you’d find in the pro league, but his play was pretty consistent with what you’d find running around in WvW.

Either way, my biggest issue with the weapon currently is reusability of the stuff to close that gap. The reaper/GS doesn’t really need a ton of mobility (I swear by speed of shadows for this reason) so much as it needs the capacity to re-apply its disablement in a given fight. Grasping Darkness is on the same cooldown as Spectral Grasp right now, yet it has half the range and just a bit over a quarter of the LF gain. You get pretty much one off every combat, and being such an essential skill to the design of the kit, it shouldn’t be that way.

Yea, they could give the reaper raw mobility via GS, but that doesn’t fit the design of what the GS is supposed to do. It’s supposed to be slow and menacing and fit to the strength of having your enemy nearby. We shouldn’t be sprinting around like buff warriors with big swords chasing our enemies down; that isn’t necromancer. We should be much more diabolical and forcing those engages.

in Necromancer

Wintermute.5408

What are you taking about? Please explain what in my suggestions “will make necro sink to a brand new rock bottom”?

Necro GS 4 becomes like Guard “Judge’s Intervention” but you can aim where you want to port…

Please take your GS power build in wvw and spvp then come back to tell me how awesome it is…

I couldn’t give less kittens about spvp or wvw – I don’t play them, nor do i think that all weapons should be equally effective in all game modes. In PVE, power necro relies on Gravedigger and its CD reset to maintain its current DPS, as pathetic as it is. You offer to turn it into reposition skill, but you either want to remove CD reset entirely, or don’t take into account how annoying constant repositioning will get when spammed. In first case, it will sink power necro further. In second, it will just be annoying.

Your entire redisign will make it so reapers are contantly positioned on top of enemy to maintain rotation regardless of their desire to do so, which can get all kinds of bad in PVE.

in Necromancer

Walhalla.5473

So as long as I don’t do WvW or PvP I have nothing to say about it? This is not how Discussion works.

Here I’m talking from a Perspective you just ignore and for Balancing you need to see it from more Angles and not just PvP or WvW and from a PvE Perspective your Suggetion is just meh. To summarize you starting Post:
Make GS1 faster ( the only good Thing for PvE )
Change other GS Skill to Movement Skill
Nerf Damage of GS. ( taking out the only good PvE Suggetion )

You know, Reapers don’t have it easy in PvE Content, especially in Raiding ( Necro is on Life Support there, your Changes would kill it on this Gamemode). Try to look it from a PvE Perspective and what it would change in the different PvE Modes, and don’t just say go PvP/WvW or kitten.

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

The walls issue only occurs when it hits a wall that has the “no valid path” effect. It would be nice to see fixed for general QoL, but I don’t consider it too major in most cases. Spend a while playing the thief and the issue becomes a lot less sporadic as you learn what objects/placements will/won’t work, and jump-casting can also help negate some of the issues as well (like pulling from structures above you).

You can free-aim it without a target, too, and it always tracks to your current position, even if it changes mid-pull. If you can’t get a good line, just de-target -> cast -> re-target while re-positioning for the better line and it’ll work consistently since it’s an AoE that hugs the terrain unlike all other pulls which depend on the target. The hitbox is bigger than the visual which further makes it further consistent if you happen to misjudge where you’re enemy might be, too.

I had an excellent fight against a thief yesterday while using GS (100-0 flawless despite being jumped from stealth) which I was going to post to the necro boards to showcase how GS can be used well. Unfortunately GeForce Experience decided it was time to update precisely during that fight and the replay feature got disabled >_< He wasn’t an amazing thief you’d find in the pro league, but his play was pretty consistent with what you’d find running around in WvW.

Either way, my biggest issue with the weapon currently is reusability of the stuff to close that gap. The reaper/GS doesn’t really need a ton of mobility (I swear by speed of shadows for this reason) so much as it needs the capacity to re-apply its disablement in a given fight. Grasping Darkness is on the same cooldown as Spectral Grasp right now, yet it has half the range and just a bit over a quarter of the LF gain. You get pretty much one off every combat, and being such an essential skill to the design of the kit, it shouldn’t be that way.

Yea, they could give the reaper raw mobility via GS, but that doesn’t fit the design of what the GS is supposed to do. It’s supposed to be slow and menacing and fit to the strength of having your enemy nearby. We shouldn’t be sprinting around like buff warriors with big swords chasing our enemies down; that isn’t necromancer. We should be much more diabolical and forcing those engages.

Yes i know the tricks with grasping darkness but i still find it annoying enough to make me not like it. Hence i dislike the notion that it is amazing.

Well i admit that i find you cd reduction suggestions interesting. Together with QoL changes (as you call it) to grasping darkness and some aftercast reduction to gravedigger i may start liking our GS.
But i think i should add that Anet normally tries to balance around skills not weapon sets, which would mean that they may not like a 15 sec cooldown grasping darkness. Hence such changes are unlikely (though alot more likely then the ops suggestions).

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

I just want my necro zerker be viable for raids, with an ele level of DPS. Or superior ,since necros doesn’t really buff the squad.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I just want my necro zerker be viable for raids, with an ele level of DPS. Or superior ,since necros doesn’t really buff the squad.

I use mine, you should use yours.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

I couldn’t give less kittens about spvp or wvw – I don’t play them, nor do i think that all weapons should be equally effective in all game modes. In PVE, power necro relies on Gravedigger and its CD reset to maintain its current DPS, as pathetic as it is. You offer to turn it into reposition skill, but you either want to remove CD reset entirely, or don’t take into account how annoying constant repositioning will get when spammed. In first case, it will sink power necro further. In second, it will just be annoying.

Your entire redisign will make it so reapers are contantly positioned on top of enemy to maintain rotation regardless of their desire to do so, which can get all kinds of bad in PVE.

Umm you have to be within 170 to use gravedigger… you want to be on target with a melee weapon anyway lol

You don’t have any valid counter arguments against this change. You don’t pvp at all so you don’t have any idea why I made these suggestions… These are actually buffs to skills and provide necro a viable melee weapon for all game modes.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Necromancer

Walhalla.5473

He made a good Counter Argument, your Argument is just “Go PvP or kitten off”

Again, you Changes give the Reaper 4 Mobility Skills ( 5 If you also take in the Flesh Wurm ) and One Skill for grabbing People. This is waaay too much, complete Overkill on this Part. No other Class has access to so many Mobility Skills at once.

And you didn’t clarify if you want to keep the additional Gravedigger Effect for CD Reduction for Example. You spam Gravedigger when your Enemy is below 50%. So when it is a Leap Attack you just spam Leaps which is annoying since you give up Control over your Class. You can interrupt a normal Gravedigger by dodging if the Situation demands it. Your Leap can’t be interrupted. So repositioning by yourself due to dodging or moving isn’t possible. It then makes the skill very unconvienent and clunky.
And what about the CD reduction? Kill it? You’d then have killed a very good DPS income. This is why he talks about sinking Power Necros further.

Tell me. What is the Problem Necros Face in PvE? ( Hint: Its not Mobility )

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

He made a good Counter Argument, your Argument is just “Go PvP or kitten off”

Again, you Changes give the Reaper 4 Mobility Skills ( 5 If you also take in the Flesh Wurm ) and One Skill for grabbing People. This is waaay too much, complete Overkill on this Part. No other Class has access to so many Mobility Skills at once.

And you didn’t clarify if you want to keep the additional Gravedigger Effect for CD Reduction for Example. You spam Gravedigger when your Enemy is below 50%. So when it is a Leap Attack you just spam Leaps which is annoying since you give up Control over your Class. You can interrupt a normal Gravedigger by dodging if the Situation demands it. Your Leap can’t be interrupted. So repositioning by yourself due to dodging or moving isn’t possible. It then makes the skill very unconvienent and clunky.
And what about the CD reduction? Kill it? You’d then have killed a very good DPS income. This is why he talks about sinking Power Necros further.

Tell me. What is the Problem Necros Face in PvE? ( Hint: Its not Mobility )

No, I said go try it out in pvp modes and come back to talk… get more than just your pve perspective on Necro GS.

in Necromancer

Walhalla.5473

So basically it is " Go PvP or kitten off"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

Who cares about skills 2 3 4 and 5 in PvE, this game mode is designed for casual players farming easy content, spaming AA being their main skill. How could you defend a spec forcing you to spam 2 50% of the fight? There is not even a proc, a buff, a ressource to manage. I think i will never understand players who only do PvE in GW2 when they are others MMO providing more PvE content, more challenge and a better gameplay…

This weapon is a complete failure because it sucks in every game mode, its dps does not compete in PvE and GS is too slow to compete in PvP/WvW

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

Still don’t understand I see… What part of “trying it out in pvp modes to gain a new perspective to talk about” do you not understand?

Edit- Even our devs are not using GS for their power builds… bet there are zero pvp mode GS builds on metabattle too…

Funnily enough I mostly played power necro when climbing to legend last season. The build I played is pretty janky, but it was a fun change of pace and ended up being a bit better than I expected.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhZ6kZTocTsbTwdTgeTsgLYQXtAwBgKN0GeWxXxuYYE-TpBFABMcEAA4BAU/+DNcIAEvMABnAAA

Depending on the amount of condi builds on the enemy team I would swap in plague signet, and if the enemy comp was super condi heavy I would swap SR for curses to get the extra plague signet proc as well.

Not trying to say power necro is top tier or anything but it was good enough to win games with and pretty fun to play.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Necromancer

vicious.5683

No thanks, I don’t want to ruin my raiding squad DPS, because Anet can’t balance correctly.

in Necromancer

Mikhael.2391

No thanks, I don’t want to ruin my raiding squad DPS, because Anet can’t balance correctly.

Why i pve so inportant? Its much less interesting than fighting actual players with real skill.

in Necromancer

vicious.5683

Why i pve so inportant? Its much less interesting than fighting actual players with real skill.

because It’s fun for me?

in Necromancer

Mikhael.2391

because It’s fun for me?

And whats the problem taking a bit longer to kill a boss or clear a dungeon? if your playing a class you like?

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

because It’s fun for me?

And whats the problem taking a bit longer to kill a boss or clear a dungeon? if your playing a class you like?

Because raid groups like people to pull their weight. An ele brings far more utility and dps than a power necro, so raids are going to fill up on eles and not necros.

And before you say “well my raid group allows me to power necro”, that’s one group out of a huge number. Try pugging raids with a power necro and see how far you get.

Edit: As for dungeons, they are a complete faceroll now. So bringing whatever you like is fine.

(edited by Lahmia.2193)

in Necromancer

Mikhael.2391

because It’s fun for me?

Because raid groups like people to pull their weight. An ele brings far more utility and dps than a power necro, so raids are going to fill up on eles and not necros.

And before you say “well my raid group allows me to power necro”, that’s one group out of a huge number. Try pugging raids with a power necro and see how far you get.

Edit: As for dungeons, they are a complete faceroll now. So bringing whatever you like is fine.

All this complaining about pve raids is too much imo, pve is suposed to be fun and bring whatever class you want. i dont do much raids as i find them not amuzing after a few since theres litle skill required its just farm for loot but if people complain about not getting raid partys coz of their profession then go to a casual fuild that does it for fun only. Gw2 is 2 pvp modes(spvp and wvw) and 1 pve. PVe gets more atention and balance overall than wvw and i think having classes balanced to face each other controled by actual players and not npcs is way more important. wvw and spvp is competition between people testing skills and needs more balance, pve is just farm for looks/loot/gold/trinkets/achievements.

in Necromancer

Warcry.1596

As a Power necro in the raid no one has ever told me in a party I’ve been in that I wasn’t pulling my weight. We never had DPS issues and actually did better than when I was playing something with more DPS, like Revenant before the changes to sword. As long as content is beaten it does NOT matter how long it takes, unless you are trying to set a record. That’s where the disconnect is =/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Did you ever stop and think, that maybe you just aren’t that good at using it in PvP how it is designed? I use the GS in sPvP and work out fine, yes…I use it situationally, I do not live on the GS as trying to only use a single weapon at all times is a death knell in true PvP for this game.
Use the GS well and people FEAR YOU. Because it is slow and can hit like a mack truck. However you have to be skillful and plan your use, be methodical. Going by what you want to change it to, you aren’t a methodical person and just want to charge in and “wreck face”. Necro has always been the slow march of classes. Not fast, but more like a tidal wave of death. Only way to survive is to fight it from afar and keep running. Back when full zerk 100 blades wars were killing everything in sPvP and WvW even THEY knew that if the necro survived (which happened more often than not) they had to run like scared chickens or get slaughtered once the necro started in on them.
Condi builds (which are still a huge part of PvP) know better than to 1v1 any necro as we have so many ways of screwing them over, and buff bots never stand against a necro and survive as we corrupt everything they do.

If you want to be super mobile, necro is NOT the class for you man.

Do I think GS needs improved? Hell yes, gs5 needs a faster CD and gravedigger needs a faster animation.
If we are changing things then the GS needs to bring enemies to the necro or every single skill needs a cripple or chill added to it. The slowness and lack of gap closer however is part of the theme for necro in general.

in Necromancer

Wintermute.5408

As a Power necro in the raid no one has ever told me in a party I’ve been in that I wasn’t pulling my weight. We never had DPS issues and actually did better than when I was playing something with more DPS, like Revenant before the changes to sword. As long as content is beaten it does NOT matter how long it takes, unless you are trying to set a record. That’s where the disconnect is =/

You don’t quite get the problem here. Have you been around before HoT? When you could be kicked from DUNGEONS for simply playing necro, regardless of your build or skill? Fractals were completely out of question. Becouse “common knowledge” claimed necros suck. I don’t want to go back to that. Reaper was the cure from that cancer, yet it’s wearing off. I know I’ll be hard-pressed to find guild willing to accept my reaper once I decide to go raiding. Not becouse it’s unviable for content. Becouse “common knowledge” claims so.

in Necromancer

Wintermute.5408

Still don’t understand I see… What part of “trying it out in pvp modes to gain a new perspective to talk about” do you not understand?

There’s that funny weapon called Staff. Compelte garbage in PVE, since it is a bad mix of power and condi at the same time, not to mention that marks often don’t get activated by some PVE objects. So, I’ve been thinking… let’s rework staff! Remove that pesky useless marks – nobody uses them in PVE anyway. Also, make sure every skill applies 3 self-conditions, including weakness and chill – it will be perfect for PVE, since we’ll just send those condis off instantly.

I mean, it takes trying it out in pve modes to gain a new perspective to talk about to understand how BADLY staff needs rework. PVPers crying about their stupid marks and self-condi just don’t get it.

in Necromancer

Warcry.1596

You don’t quite get the problem here. Have you been around before HoT? When you could be kicked from DUNGEONS for simply playing necro, regardless of your build or skill? Fractals were completely out of question. Becouse “common knowledge” claimed necros suck. I don’t want to go back to that. Reaper was the cure from that cancer, yet it’s wearing off. I know I’ll be hard-pressed to find guild willing to accept my reaper once I decide to go raiding. Not becouse it’s unviable for content. Becouse “common knowledge” claims so.

I started at launch yes. My necro is what I’ve always used for dungeons and Fractals, it’s the only one with 150+ AR. I DO recall parties that would say “No Ranger no Necro”, I just simply avoided those parties. I was never kicked from a party “just for playing a necromancer”, because again, when pugging I found parties that didn’t care. I DO remember the struggles, I just avoided them. I love to pug, and I only pug if the party description is something appealing to me, why would you join, or try to join a party that apparently doesn’t want you there?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jortakk.6792

Jortakk.6792

I believe removing the ramp up time and making Death Spiral a 450 leap would be enough in regards to more mobility for greatsword. Nightfall moving with the necromancer would be great as well. You could do some pretty nifty stuff with them and a few small changes might make greatsword more worthwhile.