Greatsword in sPvP

Greatsword in sPvP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

So right now I am more or less running this build in PvP. Was just wondering, with the changes to greatsword, how viable would it be to swap out staff for greatsword? Was thinking it would help more against Thieves and Warriors and maybe generate life force better.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Greatsword in sPvP

in Necromancer

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

It depends way more on your skill and use of the tool, than the tool itself. Try it, and see how you feel.

The common complaint is that greatsword attacks are slow-but-heavy, and telegraph a lot, so it’s easy for people to avoid them. You obviously also give up range. YMMV, try it.

It’s not like the meta builds are actually that important for most players. Until you are, like, fighting over #1 on the ladder, it’s highly likely that your DPS varies more based on how many mistakes you make than on the mechanical differences between weapons and builds.

Greatsword in sPvP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nole.3017

Nole.3017

I am destroying with greatsword in spvp but keep in mind that if u rely solely on greatsword u are going to have a hell of a hard time.

For me a combination of axe/warhorn and greatsword works perfect and i swap them constantly depending on situation!

As far as thieves go once you see them approaching activate reapers shroud and 3rd skill right away or u are most likely dead and no weapon will help you…

Greatsword in sPvP

in Necromancer

Posted by: CrimsonRipper.5087

CrimsonRipper.5087

sPvP I’m sure it’s alright, but just alright. You’d be better off with Staff and Axe/Wh.

Staff has means of keeping condis off of you and on your opponent, Axe has a boon-corrupt, and Warhorn for interrupts and speed-boosts.

You’d have to pass some of that up for greatsword. The cripple and blind is nice though.

Greatsword in sPvP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Not sure why everyone keeps mentioning axe/warhorn. Did you guys look at the posted build? Anyways, after tinkering some more I’ve realized that staff 4 has saved my life enough that I’d probably really miss it. May not be worth the swap.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Greatsword in sPvP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

So right now I am more or less running this build in PvP. Was just wondering, with the changes to greatsword, how viable would it be to swap out staff for greatsword? Was thinking it would help more against Thieves and Warriors and maybe generate life force better.

Not with Wanderer’s Amulet.
If you want to use GS for blind you can pick Well of Darkness (no pls)
If you want to use GS for boon corrupt you can pick Well of Corruption

To counter Thieves and Warriors you should try to run terrormancer, sending back skull fear (skill stolen from necromancer) and corrupting stability/fury
(stability > fear; fury > blind)