Guild Wars 1 necro skills

in Necromancer

Posted by: SaLaMi.5867

SaLaMi.5867

I really loved playing around with diffrent skill combinations in guild wars 1, especially the necromancer’s skills. There were just so many to choose from.

Now my question to you is wich Guild Wars 1 skill(s) from the necromancer would you like in Guild Wars 2 ?

I would love to see some kind of skills similar to Consume Corpse or Insidious Parasite.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_necromancer_skills

(edited by SaLaMi.5867)

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

I want Dark Pact and Dark Aura. Also Enfeeble.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Necromancer

Posted by: Du Bist Schuld.8097

Du Bist Schuld.8097

spiteful Spirit and reckless haste were just the Perfect Combo

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

a parasitic bond trait that is more like its GW1 counterpart

a spinal shivers that hurts people in an AoE when it removes boons. like Pain of Disenchantment.

that is all

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Spiteful Spirit!!!

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Necromancer

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

Blows my mind that they went from this to… Thief Wars 2 “Now Featuring Warlock”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

If they brought the GW1 necro to GW2, every other class would /ragequit-uninstall

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If they brought the GW1 necro to GW2, every other class would /ragequit-uninstall

Pretty much. The GW1 Necromancer would be practically impossible to balance in GW2. Spiteful Spirit alone would break WvW in half as a lone necro could get a zerg to kill itself for him.

GW1 Life Transfer would be similarly broken. AoE long duration strong health drain would make the necro impossible to kill. Especially with the fire-and-forget nature of GW1 hexes.

Disease would not transfer that well, due to there being five races now instead of just one, but even with a change to spread from player to player regardless of race, a lone necro could put serious pressure on an entire group. Using Epidemic would make condition removal useless as only one person still hit with disease could be used to rapidly spread it over everyone again, even after mass condition removal.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Spiteful Spirit alone would break WvW in half as a lone necro could get a zerg to kill itself for him.

Well… yeah

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

It’s basically what confusion is. You just need a mesmer to follow you around and apply before hitting epidemic. Or play an Asuran for the racial.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in Necromancer

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

i just miss making 11+ minions and spamming blood of the master. VS gw2 with buggy minions and can only have 6(not counting jagged). and assasins promise with necro was amazing even tho its not a necro skill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

All of them. 133456

in Necromancer

Posted by: SaLaMi.5867

SaLaMi.5867

All of them. 133456

Although it’s not possible, i do miss that amount of skills to play around with… every class now has like 10 standard good builds. In guild wars 1 you always had to wait and see what your enemy was using and adept to that and counter those skills.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

‘Guild Wars 1 necro skills’ … actually do stuff.
<still plays a necro on nearly a daily basis on GW.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

If Anet just give us 1 skill , our minions will be awesome >> Blood bond http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Blood_Bond

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

If Anet just give us 1 skill , our minions will be awesome >> Blood bond http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Blood_Bond

If only…

Necro is such a huge disappointment compared to GW1. They aren’t even bothering to try and meet the expectations of their own website description of Necro. Necro could have been extraordinary in GW2. The GW1 Necro was incredible. All they needed to do was polish the edges and follow their description. But they couldn’t even do that internally with their own motivations.

The Necro description amounts to false advertising at this point. And Anet doesn’t even bat an eye. They even infracted anyone asking Necro questions in the Live Stream threads lol. I am pretty sure there is a standing order at Anet that prevents any employee from saying the word Necro, or Necromancer in any form outside the office, and likely in the office as well judging from the nonsense Necro has devolved into.

GW2 Necro is stuck in pretend meta land with what appears to be purposeful Anet bias against Necro in any respect to Thief Wars 2.