Hammer Guard? MEET HAMMER NECRO

in Necromancer

Posted by: Voidrunner.5093

Voidrunner.5093

I seriously want to be sauron at some point.
but what would a hammer necro do?

well maybe AoE lifedrain.
Aoe Blindness?
Applies torment?

Does anyone want hammer necro?

What about greatsword necro? sword necro?

What about Focus/focus hokus pokus necro? WITH MINION weapon skills YASSSS

Torch necro?
adds burning to the mix

I just want MOAR MINIONS

Quaggan wants to sit in chair
Quaggan has been trying and trying, but Quaggan cannot sit on chair.
Quaggan does not think sitting exists. . .Quaggan sad.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

i just want more blocks and evades and vigor
and some buffs for party members and me so im actually desired in dungeon runs

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I really hope a new weapon is the great axe, and that we get one.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Agreed 101%. Vigor, evades or blocks are needed as well as more efficient mobility. But no immunities, hard counters like that make bad gameplay.

Säïnt

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sors Immani.8429

Sors Immani.8429

I’ve already chimed in on this here

Homeworld: Dragonbrand—Necro main Sors Immani, leader of Ripple Effect [RE]
aka Thalakos Dralnu, Voxt Umultus, and Jalis Haafingar.
Vulgarity is no substitution for wit.

in Necromancer

Voidrunner.5093

Good. More topics of the same subject, the greater the attention.

What about Aoe lifedrain?

it seems suitable and unique to necro

what they could do is recycle the GW1 skill unholy feast which was an AOE lifedrain and make it one of the main weapon skills of a hammer necro

this would also still be unique to necro in the game.

that would put hammer necro under Blood Magic, Death Magic for the toughness and vitality

would these buffs also work on minions?

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Good. More topics of the same subject, the greater the attention.

What about Aoe lifedrain?

it seems suitable and unique to necro

what they could do is recycle the GW1 skill unholy feast which was an AOE lifedrain and make it one of the main weapon skills of a hammer necro

this would also still be unique to necro in the game.

that would put hammer necro under Blood Magic, Death Magic for the toughness and vitality

would these buffs also work on minions?

Lifedrain, on an autoattack chain (say as fast as Warrior) would be cool – it would actually come close to the old Avatar of Grenth Dervish Elite which did the same…

As with other things that come to mind, giving the hammer acces to chill and blind (and more chill if traited) would also not seem like a far stretch…

And give it a pull on the #5 skill, similar as to what the Archdiviner has, and we got something rolling :P
(By the way, Archdiviner is a Necromancer with a hammer :< )

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brannidus.4175

Brannidus.4175

There is already a basis for what a hammer necromancer could do, the archdiviner boss in cliffside fractal is a hammer wielder and definitely a necro

He has wells, which could be incorprated into an auto attack like hammer guardian, dropping a condition causing dark field on a third attack

He also has a whirl (combo finishers? what are those?) that causes confusion

Also has a high damage leap attack. going by the rest of the weapon a condition should be implemented into this somewhow.

Last attack he has with the hammer grants him stability and protection (and also agony but we wont get that obv)

Looks like a good start for a melee condition weapon, which the necro does not have.

EDIT: Just remembered he also has an aoe pull, which would be super fun too!

(edited by Brannidus.4175)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Just an AoE CC set with some defensive conditions (for example a lot of weakness/chill/poison) would be amazing.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bacardi Babe.4391

Bacardi Babe.4391

Hammer
1: Necro Bash – 5 targets & cleaves
2: Deathly Blow – 1 sec knockback
3: Necro Leap – Leap backwards and leave a trail of ice
4: Chilling Blow – Spin around sending out chilling projectiles
5: Ring of Death – Create a ring around you that transfer health from foes to allies.

[PUGS] Commander/Guild Leader

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

well maybe AoE lifedrain.
Aoe Blindness?
Applies torment?

Does anyone want hammer necro?

What about greatsword necro? sword necro?

What about Focus/focus hokus pokus necro? WITH MINION weapon skills YASSSS

Torch necro?
adds burning to the mix

I just want MOAR MINIONS

Sauron? Sauron is a god of blacksmithing

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nox Lucis.8341

Nox Lucis.8341

I believe that most balance issues that exist could be corrected by adding new weapons for individual professions. It has been said that Necromancers have too few options for active defense. This could be tastefully changed by adding shields to the necro weapon lineup. Imagine a mechanic where the necromancer blocks and steals life (or gains lifeforce) from the opponent whose attacks are blocked. This would also be a good place to add some easy-access stability.
Of course, necros use axes, daggers, and spears in a totally nonsence fashion, so there is no telling what one might do with a hammer. (Fighting in this game was never exactly realistic, but at least warriors and rangers actually hit people with their axes.)
Probably coats the weapon in undead vampire moths and then throws it like a boomerang.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

‘more’ implies we had any to begin with..

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

so much this, +infinity

Fix what you have before you build something new

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

so much this, +infinity

Blood is Power + Well of Power = Vigor.

That aside, I would like more stability, protection, and maybe some blocks/evades. Some sustain would be nice too for a change.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

We need a general overhaul of life force generation. It’s been pretty clear that we’re not getting the active defenses that are always brought up. But I think it’s more of a problem that some specs have hardly any ways to generate their main defense. I usually play power necro and I don’t have much trouble getting some life force, but if you switch to condi it can be really difficult to get life force in comparison which is really limiting, in my opinion.

I would love to see some adjustments to life force on spawn, life force generation on weapon sets, and maybe even some kind of exponential degeneration if done right.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

tbh I don’t care what they add anymore, as long as they add something. Current situation is like, if you choose condi, use scepter, if power, use dagger. I really like playing guardian in fractal not because it’s effective, but I would be constantly switching weapon/skills in different battles. And that keeps it fresh.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

my mistake, sorry

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I’d like a weapon that is like the following:

auto: either the lightning hammer auto chain with a small nerf to damage or the guardian auto chain except instead of a symbol create a small well that blinds twice.

2nd attack: 600 range leap that applies 3 seconds of chill. 3/4 second cast 8 second cooldown

3rd attack: Spin in a damaging nearby foes and releasing 8 projectiles (all directions) that corrupt one boon. 1 second cast 12 second cooldown

4th attack: smash your hammer into the ground creating a wave of arms (think grasping dead arms but a lot of them) that pull foes to you and cripple 4 seconds. 3/4 second cast 25 second cooldown.

5th attack: create a ring around you that fears foes who try to cross 1 second fear. 4 second duration. 3/4 second cast 40 second cooldown.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

mmmmm some CC and defensive abilities on a necro would be soooo sexy i support this it might even make necro welcome in meta pvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

The Necromancer+Hammer combo is a long-lost secret kept by Necromancer Munne. Might want to head to old Ascalon and see if you can conjure her ghost!

in Necromancer

Voidrunner.5093

The Necromancer+Hammer combo is a long-lost secret kept by Necromancer Munne. Might want to head to old Ascalon and see if you can conjure her ghost!

can you do that in gw2?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Helicity.3416

Helicity.3416

Honestly, the only two things (as a WvW player) I really, truly, want are:

1) A more practical stability, either through trait or utility skill
2) less obnoxious cast times on several skills, like Daggers 3+5 and Sceptre 2

The former is probably not that hard the latter will likely have people worried, some folk believe that better cast times would make necromancers very OP, but the reality is it will just make them more playable.

It’s very hard to make a clutch play with dagger 3 when it (subjectively) appears to take 2 ice-ages to cast.

Nemain/Kali Darru [FUN]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Shameless nitpicking, but Sauron used a large mace, not a hammer. So if you want to be Sauron as a necro, you’d need to be able to use a mace.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I want another option for bleeds and other condition damage besides scepter. Axe and dagger really do not do much condi damage and staff is set up for making red circles more than anything else.

A gap closer would be wonderful, though; especially if it was a leap or twirl so we could use some of those fields Necro can make so many of.

in Necromancer

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Shameless nitpicking, but Sauron used a large mace, not a hammer. So if you want to be Sauron as a necro, you’d need to be able to use a mace.

More shamless nitpicking,

Sauron wasn’t a necro. He was a demi-god (of sorts), and had access to all sorts of powers. However he was strongest in manipulation and dominance, so if anything he was more akin to a mesmer then a necro.

OT: Yes! A hammer necro could actually be really cool. I would tie it in to a minion master though, having it summon low level minions with the various skills. That could be fun, albeit completly broken, but fun nonetheless.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Creld.8702

Creld.8702

So, greatsword has a fair chance, hammer would be interesting as well. Both could be implemented fairly well.

Greatsword I would expect to see as a hybrid damage weapon, causing torment on auto and scaling decently with power. Its other attacks would likely have cripples or other gap closers, with a damaging 2.

Hammer would be probably remain a control weapon for necros, scaling off power and having no real damaging conditions. An ability that summons a jagged horror would be interesting, but I would expect to see chill and -maybe- a stun, knockdown, or fear. Ideally, it would also grant a defensive boon on an attack, making it a good bunker weapon when combined with wells.

Sword… Possibly a close range condition weapon that can corrupt boons and carries a gap closer.

Asura Engineer- Aelara Fole

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Sauron wasn’t a necro. He was a demi-god (of sorts), and had access to all sorts of powers. However he was strongest in manipulation and dominance, so if anything he was more akin to a mesmer then a necro.

OT: Yes! A hammer necro could actually be really cool. I would tie it in to a minion master though, having it summon low level minions with the various skills. That could be fun, albeit completly broken, but fun nonetheless.

nitpicking even further, Sauron is considered a Blacksmith; if anything that would be his class. His power of manipulation and such came from his creations; the rings

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I just want MH&OH Swords and Torch.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

pdavis.8031

nitpicking even further, Sauron is considered a Blacksmith; if anything that would be his class. His power of manipulation and such came from his creations; the rings

Actually Sauron only made The One Ring. He didn’t have a hand in making the other rings. But he did manipulate and encourage the elves to make them, so he could have power over them. So his being a blacksmith is like saying I am a carpenter for building a dog house.

But before we get this thread closed for being wildly off topic. Hammer necro would be awesome!

recognize my command!”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Totally wrong forum for this divergence but Sauron was probably a Maia servant of Melkor, itself one of the Valar created by Ea to make the world by singing after the lot of them got bored with having nothing to do and, literally, nowhere to be. Melkor went rogue, even during his singing, but diversity was important to Ea. Sauron was a peon among many Maia that liked Melkor’s singing and left with the naughty Valar to mess about on the newly formed Earth. However, Melkor later got banned from Middle Earth for being unable to play nicely with others.

Later, Sauron, supposedly no-longer-bad and still a peon compared to the Valar, suggested the Elves make some magic rings. He helped the Elves make 7 for the Dwarves and 9 for Humans. The Elves made three of their own without him. Maybe they did not trust Sauron to be fully reformed. Anyhow, Sauron knew how the rings were made, at least, how they were imbued with magic. After all, Sauron served his master, who was one of those that made the Earth.

Much later, other Maia were sent by their Valar masters hanging out notionally to the West but not actually on the planet to fix their little problem with Sauron and keep tabs on the tiny peoples and critters they made. Of them, Saruman kind of forgot who was in charge. He thought it was him, built a fine castle, and figured on being awesome by taking Sauron, himself. That is, until Sauron bullied him over the tele-palantir. Saruman’s staff, which he had put a lot of his strength into, got broken and, after losing the body made for him by his Valar boss Aule the Inventor to his own peon, he was quite thoroughly sacked.

When the mortal critters of Middle Earth finally ganked Sauron, the magic in the three Elf rings was nerfed to the ground so you have to know Sauron’s secret sauce was used to make them.

In keeping with tradition, I want a land spear, btw.

in Necromancer

pdavis.8031

Yes Sauron was indeed a Maia, but didn’t server Melkor until later. Yes he inspired the elves to make the rings, but didn’t actually do the ring making. When he crafted The One Ring, the elves saw what he was up to, unequipped them and didn’t use them. The men were corrupted, but the dwarves weren’t as much. But it was clearly stated that the elves made the 3, and Sauron didn’t have anything to do with crafting them.

Yes the elven rings were hit hard by the nerf hammer, but after Sauron got perma banned for being a kitten, the rings were useless then, plus the time of the elves was over, and so were retired.

In short, Sauron only had MAYBE 200 into jeweler, but definetly not 500, and thus not able to make ascended by himself. Thats why he needed the elves. He may have provided some of the mats, but thats about it.

I think any polearm weapons, for necro or otherwise would actually be pretty cool. I would love to see a trident wielding necro that summons minions and launches dark life draining energy.

recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ainekitten.9517

ainekitten.9517

My main is necro, and I can’t help but want to be able to use a greatsword. I mean, mesmers can use a greatsword which doesn’t really make much sense, so why not us?

Rata Sum = Mursaat
Wake up, Tyria!

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Why are people talking about LOTR lore in this thread? :P

Id like to see a hammer or a greatsword for necro. Whatever happens I just want to see a proper aoe close range dps weapon. Hammer could fit that role even if it was more control based.

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

Id like to see a hammer or a greatsword for necro. Whatever happens I just want to see a proper aoe close range dps weapon. Hammer could fit that role even if it was more control based.

Also, hopefully with some things to help us in dungeons. I’m talking blind on auto attack, mini well of power, mini well of suffering, reflects, straight up aoe boons, super high dps.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah id like to see blast finisher on auto attack 3rd chain or the number 2. And id like to see a mini well or 2 as other skills for aoe damage. Also chill and blinds and an aoe pull would be pretty nice for a hammer.

Just off the top of my head. You could have the same auto attack chain as the Lightning hammer. The number two skill could be a smaller radius well which surrounds the caster. It would be similar to lava font in cooldown and duration and would provide an ice field and decent aoe pulsing damage. Then for the 3rd skill you could have a high damage aoe slam which blinds foes or applies vulnerability. A 4th skill which pulls mobs within 600 range to the necro (AOE, could maybe apply chill aswell). And then for the 5th skill a whirl which does aoe damage and applies torment in close range.

The idea of this is to provide permanent ice field instead of eles permanent fire field. Ice field could be used to provide extra defence with frost armour when using blasts and chill uptime when using whirls. And then also to give some much needed weapon based blast finishers along with close range aoe damage and aoe CC and control conditions.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

Yep that weapons sounds awesome, make it happen Anet.

in Necromancer

pdavis.8031

We started talking about LOTR due to the fact that the OP stated he wanted his necro to be more like Sauron, and how a hammer fit into that. Granted it did get a BIT off track, but in the end I think we mostly agree that a hammer for a necro would actually be pretty cool.

recognize my command!”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

Hammer sounds awesome, but I think it would be better if the AA could be ranged. After trying to make the dagger work with anything outside death shroud builds, I came to the conclusion that with out any easy to use gap closers, and no escape skills, the necromancer, as a light armor class, is not too suited for close range combat.
Also, we have so many traits for marks yet only one weapon that uses them, if the hammer could have 1 or 2 mark skills, that would be cool.
On the subject of the hammer having minion skills
-Wake the dead: A powerful aoe slam that pushes foes back, raises a jagged horror for every person that gets hit.

Also, I want a shield necro so we can have this skill
-Boo: hide behind your shield, if someone hits you, you block the attack, scream, “boo,” and cause aoe fear.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

Trehearne and Marjory are the two most prominent necromancers in Guild Wars 2, but they both use greatswords. I would vote for greatswords over hammers for necromancers, though great axes would also be welcomed.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: iSmack.1768

iSmack.1768

I wouldn’t mind having either. Hammer sounds cooler though. I believe it was in Diessa Plateau and inside a cave, i found a Steel Hammer, that I was able to bring it with me everywhere… Fun times Now if only it was a permanent weapon for us.

Another 1200 range weapon would be delicious too… Rifle? Sorta like the half-witch in Dungeon Siege 3… using Witchcraft with bullets… but instead of witchcraft… necromancy…?!?

(edited by iSmack.1768)