Has anyone else been fulfilling a bucketlist?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’ve been squeezing all the enjoyment I possibly can out of my Necro in case I never get to have that kind of fun again. Won a 1v4 tonight, trolled in EOTM for a while and feared a few zergs off some cliffs, did some Spectral Walk parachuting, had some classic duels, partied and roamed with other Necro’s and did a few PvP matches.

Over the past week or so I’ve spent more time on my Necro than I have in a long time. Usually I’ll rotate fairly evenly between my only two characters, my Ranger and my Necro, but lately all the attention has been on my Necro. I’m really remembering all the things that made it my first true main and the profession I relate with the most closely.

Myself, as well as others, are probably just being over dramatic but… The future certainly looks bleak and I’m just wondering if anyone else has been doing some crazy stuff before the patch hits.

Share your stories if you’ve got any. Doesn’t even have to be within the last few days or weeks, could just be any old story relating to your Necromancer. Let’s hear it!

Attachments:

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kury.8210

Kury.8210

Just today I found myself falling off a massive cliff after looking away for a second. Remembered spectral walk just in time. Relatively new so I’ll be missing out on a lot of pre-patch joys. Glad I got to try one out at least.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I haven’t been very motivated because of summer, overtime, and the coming patch but I did spend a few hours reviewing my armor sets, recipes, and the price changes on the BLTP.

Still have not pulled the trigger on the expansion because I am not sure what is included besides one new map area and one new profession. Except for the character slot, the “freebies” for paying more do not look that attractive, either.

Feeling kind of burned out and real life needs attention.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

I hope someone makes a youtube tribute to Spectral parachuting. :’) You know, to commemorate a beautiful thing unique to Necros.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

In all the months I played Necro, I had no idea SW had that capability.

Easy rule of thumb though: Don’t fall.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Yesterday, I was asked to run the far orb in the swamp fractal.

That’s usually pretty hard for necromancers. But I was able to clean off the poison, Immobilize and cripple with my consume conditions and still get out of combat, which let me complete the run in time!

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

That run can be done with no swiftness and no skills easily. :P

The hard part is doing two orbs on your own.

I will miss spectral walk. But not enough to make me go do a load of suicide falls.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

With the change to Toxic Landing, SW could still be fun.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Enjoy a cup of tea at the bottom of rata sum

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kury.8210

Kury.8210

On the other hand, it’s not getting thief treatment. At least spectral walk won’t be blocked by the evil no path to target. Still, spectral parachuting…

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I just used Consume Conditions to clear off 6 stacks of vulnerability….

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I’ve gone back to Terrormancer in pvp for the past few days, I’ll miss being able to slot both Path of Corruption AND Terror. I’ll also miss Foot in the Grave since it seems Dhuumfire will be compulsory for us to get any condition burst damage at all.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.