Healing Vs stealing life

Healing Vs stealing life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Was wondering if stealing life is considered healing and if not, why not?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Healing Vs stealing life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

In what context?

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Healing Vs stealing life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Only if your a different class.
E.G. Ele’s Signet of Restoration. Per hit = 202 (0.1 * Healing Power)
Necro Vampiric. Per hit = 25 (Not affected by healing power)

If you use Minor Bloodthirst, it increase’s it to 38.
If you use Major Vampiric Precision, you heal 31 extra if your crit. 51 extra if BloodThrist.

Major Vampiric Master, 79 per pet attack, 114 BloodThirsty.

So, Id say not really. As it’s not affected by heal power.

Healing Vs stealing life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bellamy.9860

Bellamy.9860

In terms of “activates on healing” effects like some runes or traits work it isn’t. These effects will only trigger on activating your main healing skill (slot 6) and that is how it works for necros and every other class. Reason behind it is balancing that stuff, probably.

If you want to know more about the mechanics around life steal then they probably work like two portions, the first one is the damage application, the second is a sometimes equal amount of healing.
Lifesteal in the game works differently depending on what source it is from. If you got a thief around you, sharing his via the trait “Leeching Venoms” enhanced venoms with you then every attack with venoms will deal an additional 325 dmg ( + some scaling with thieves power) and heal you for 325 ( + scaling with thieves healing power).
Then there are runes and sigils granting lifesteal proccs. Those deal a fixed amount of dmg and heal you for the same amount plus some more depending on your healing power. And lastly there is necro life leech which scales with power and healing power (dagger 3) or only with one specific trait as it is the case with vampiric, vampiric precision, vampiric master and vampiric rituals. These necro traits don’t scale at all with healing power (at the moment, patch might change that) and deal an equal amount of dmg in case of vampiric and vampiric precision or smthg like 10 dmg incase of vampiric rituals (they still heal you for smthg like 70 health per tick per enemy with bloodlust) or no additional dmg at all incase of vampiric master.
Hope that helps.

(edited by Bellamy.9860)

Healing Vs stealing life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Yes it helped a lot

I would love the healing per tick of lifestealing to actually count as healing.
thank you.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Healing Vs stealing life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yendorion.2381

Yendorion.2381

The simple answer is no, although there is a clear shoutout for siphoning to be affected by healing power, although a few do oppose this for some reason since it’s been overwhelmingly shown it’s clearly needed. I’m hoping the new patches change this or my Necro stays shelved in favour of the Mesmer.

Healing Vs stealing life

in Necromancer

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Not able to test it right now, but I seem to remember lifesteal working while under the effect of Dwayna statues, so it does not count as healing.