Health Siphoning and +Healing

in Necromancer

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

Just to be clear, when I say Health Siphoning I’m referring to both weapon skills that steal health from enemies and heal you and NOT Life Force (the core class mechanic), and how it interacts with the two Major traits in the Blood Magic line {II} Bloodthirst (Siphoning health is 50% more effective) and {VII} Vampiric Master (Minions siphon health and transfer it to you).

Does adding healing power meaningfully raise the Health Siphoning to a point where it’s worth it to get Cleric’s type gear (Power/Toughness/Healing)? Or should I keep saving up for the Ascalonian Catacombs or Sorrow’s Embrace Power/Toughness/Vitality set?

Also, on a completely unrelated note, right now for my weapon sets I’m using Dual Daggers + Staff. Should I switch my weapons to maybe an Axe/Dagger + Scepter/Focus for some condition damage? (Or any weapon combos you fellows might recommend.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Savan.8495

Savan.8495

No +healing does not apply

Before you decide weapons you need to ask yourself whether you want to run
a) condition spec or hybrid of – AOE dps
b) power spec or hybrid of – Single target dps
c) Minion master of hybrid of (note this is presently broken-ish)

Also power toughness vitality is not needed in PVE dungeons, that post is a WvW spec

in Necromancer

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

No +healing does not apply

Before you decide weapons you need to ask yourself whether you want to run
a) condition spec or hybrid of – AOE dps
b) power spec or hybrid of – Single target dps
c) Minion master of hybrid of (note this is presently broken-ish)

Also power toughness vitality is not needed in PVE dungeons, that post is a WvW spec

Thank you. In that case I suppose I should switch to a condition type armor and go to a AOE condition DPS spec then (time to run lots of Twilight Arbor I suppose). It’s too bad because minions can be fun in dungeons because they make great meatshields and distractions. I know they’ve saved me from being overwhelmed on many an occasion.

If you don’t mind me bothering you guys with one more question, I heard that Toughness doesn’t scale well with the Necro. Is that true? If Toughness isn’t worth it, I won’t try to get a Precision/Toughness/Condition armor.

Thanks.

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

Toughness is very useful for cond specs due to undead runes and focussing crystals wich add cond damage, you were provided mis-information

I would farm a full rabid set yes, but I would also looking at supplementing some low value pieces with rampagers you lose some cond damage (thanks Hugo the great) but gain power to supplement dps.

I still use minions in dungeons (traited) look at my previous posts for builds etc

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

Toughness scales really well with necro. With our high base vitality, Toughness should be your primary Defensive stat.

Knight or your precision/toughness/condition (rabid i think) are both good set for us.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

Knight paired with berserkers is strictly for power builds

Rabid should be supplemented with rampagers for condition specs

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

I’m quite fond of PVT in PvE actually. It helps avoid being downed, which in turn means you’re alive to get your team mates back up.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Savan.8495

The best way to ress downed teamates is spy kits, I find mobs tend to target players that are ressing. In high level content no about of vitality will help you if you don’t dodge an agony attack