Help out a new Necro!

Help out a new Necro!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Segev.4108

Segev.4108

I’m going to start a Necromancer for more pvpish purposes as a secondary character to my main warrior which will remain for dungeons and world bosses, so I need the most braindead, overused PvE build there is for this class after the recent buff. Not because I’m a dummy but because I need to level my new Necro as fast as possible. I sadly do not have time to “smell the flowers” due to my military duties and don’t have the time to enjoy the whole leveling experience again. I’d also like some tips on the class especially on how and when to use death shroud which is entirely different from my previous combat mechanism.

Thanks ahead.

Help out a new Necro!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

If you really need to level up in a hurry, nothing beats Crafting. If you can afford the mats, you can get from 2 to 80 in less than 4 hours by following crafting guides.

However, for open- world PvE leveling, I’d suggest running minions. They make playing face roll easy.

Another option for quick leveling is WvW. Equip a Staff with Greater Marks, run with an allied Zerg dropping marks on the enemy, get mega XP.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Help out a new Necro!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Segev.4108

Segev.4108

Crafting is very dull to me.. though I want to level up fast, I don’t want to power level myself in a sickening way. The WvW idea is awesome though, one of the reason I want a Necro in the first place is the huge zerg nuking, inspired by my warrior’s longbow.

Help out a new Necro!

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

Leveling a crafting profession from 0 to full only takes about 20 -30 minutes if you follow a guide and buy the mats before starting, and each crafting profession so leveled will get you about 10 character levels. So it can be boring, but it really doesn’t take all that much grinding to get through it. Which isn’t to say you have to level that way, I just want to make sure you have all the facts.

I really enjoy WvW on my Necro. Make sure you stay back, though; our ability to re-position if caught out is pretty low. The elite skill Plague can seriously help with that sort of problem, though. It has no casting time and grants you Stability + massive Toughness and Vitality boosts as well as a pulsing blind field, so as long as you’re not too far from your zerg or a tower, you should be able to pop Plague and escape to safety most of the time. There are a few other tricks to this sort of thing, but mostly you just want to stick with the zerg if it’s leveling you’re after. Roaming tends to have less XP attached to it.

Help out a new Necro!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gutts.8791

Gutts.8791

Bumping this because I’m in the same situation as OP. Recently started a Necro, I have 5 other level 80s most of which I power leveled with ridiculous builds that just allowed me to go to a heart, pack a bunch of the minions I needed to kill into one spot and cast AoE (for example with my theif, pack monsters together, cast caltrops and loads of death blossom).

Please can someone provide me with the best method to do this with the Necro? I’m level 15 at the moment, I’m using a staff to drop his marks which are stupidly small and also a scepter (scepter#2 for AoE) and offhand dagger for dagger#5. As far as I can tell this weapon setup allows me to output the most AoE.

Oh yeah and all my gear is condition damage heavy. Is there anything better than this I can do?

Thanks for any help!

Help out a new Necro!

in Necromancer

Posted by: tiviir.1357

tiviir.1357

I’m in the same sort of boat. The only difference being is I don’t want fast leveling builds, but fun ones. I don’t care when I hit 80 with my necro, I am just looking for fun. In saying that, I don’t want to completely kitten my character.

Help out a new Necro!

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

Please can someone provide me with the best method to do this with the Necro? I’m level 15 at the moment, I’m using a staff to drop his marks which are stupidly small and also a scepter (scepter#2 for AoE) and offhand dagger for dagger#5. As far as I can tell this weapon setup allows me to output the most AoE.

Oh yeah and all my gear is condition damage heavy. Is there anything better than this I can do?

Nope, that’s all a pretty good way to go. Get the trait Greater Marks (Death 10) to mondo-size your marks, then slot Epidemic. Stack your condis as quickly as possible, then pop Epi on whomever you’ve been stacking Scepter autos and watch as the group melts.

Personally, I’ve been more drawn to the Necro’s power builds as of late and what I’ve been finding is a Well of Suffering + Life Transfer is an AoEpocalypse to just about any number of things in PvE.

Help out a new Necro!

in Necromancer

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

If you want fast [solo] levelling run minions, no question

In terms of ‘fun’ that’s too subjective to say, you wont level slowly with whatever build you choose to play, but there are faster builds for sure

Help out a new Necro!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Stack power with dagger mainhand, minions, and runspeed buffs (quickening thirst with dagger offhand, signet of the locust, or warhorn and spectral walk). For secondary attributes, get more power :P

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

Help out a new Necro!

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I’m going to start a Necromancer for more pvpish purposes as a secondary character to my main warrior which will remain for dungeons and world bosses, so I need the most braindead, overused PvE build there is for this class after the recent buff. Not because I’m a dummy but because I need to level my new Necro as fast as possible. I sadly do not have time to “smell the flowers” due to my military duties and don’t have the time to enjoy the whole leveling experience again. I’d also like some tips on the class especially on how and when to use death shroud which is entirely different from my previous combat mechanism.

Thanks ahead.

Contact me ingame, we have numerous Necromancer teachers that specialize in PvP.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.