Help with PvE/WvW Build

Help with PvE/WvW Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Glacen.4516

Glacen.4516

I’m looking for a build for necro that works well in both PvE and WvW. If anyone has any that they could share and have any tips on how to play the build it would be much appreciated!

Help with PvE/WvW Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Theres no such thing as a build which works well in both.

Help with PvE/WvW Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Theres no such thing as a build which works well in both.

That’s not really true. Even your PvE build can work in WvW by simply picking up a staff as secondary weapon.
Arguably any generic 30/10///30 Deathly Perception power build provides a better offense vs defense ratio in a PvP environment. I know you don’t like this build for PvE because its dps is worse than it could be, but if you want to switch between WvW and PvE without having to change builds I’d say it’s probably the best choice atm.

Ultimately it comes down to how much you care about each game mode if you are willing to compromise. I use my build for both. WvW most of the time and in PvE I just keep up with the living story or do the occasional dungeon with guildies. If I was any more serious about PvE I’d probably switch profession anyway.

Help with PvE/WvW Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Well i assume you use different runes and different traits. So they arent the same builds.

I went into edge of the mists the other day with my pve gear. Changed some traits so I was somewhat prepared. Got stunlocked and kitten d. I expect melandru runes or something would of helped a lot.

But I guess i can agree necro is probably the only class which has some builds which are similar enough to change between for the two different game types.

Help with PvE/WvW Build

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Well i assume you use different runes and different traits. So they arent the same builds.

Same runes, same traits. I sometimes switch my amu and rings from soldier to berserker, but other than that I really don’t bother changing anything.

Got stunlocked and kitten d. I expect melandru runes or something would of helped a lot.

Sounds like an average day for any necro xD
Not sure about melandru though, focusing all defense on utilities might just be enough (Spec Armor/Walk, Well of Darkness/Power). I’m sure you could make it work.

Help with PvE/WvW Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Its just 3.5 silvers to change build. Pls do it for your team.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Help with PvE/WvW Build

in Necromancer

flow.6043

I almost never pug on my necro. And I have full zerker alts, so there really is no point changing builds.
Also, I think you’re underestimating how much you can contribute with a hybrid build. Yes, single target damage is lower, but you’re certainly not a burden.

Help with PvE/WvW Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

I’m looking for a build for necro that works well in both PvE and WvW. If anyone has any that they could share and have any tips on how to play the build it would be much appreciated!

I’ve got a build. 0/20/20/0/30 staff/Ds condimancer. Works fine in PvE and WvW. Most people do not like staff specced or DS condibuilds because it isn t in the “Meta”. Still I use as slot skills: Consume condi,Blood is power,Corrupt boon for WvW (otherwise Well of Darkness or signet of locust in PvE) and I use Epedemic. I use plague form as elite.

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

(edited by Dark FQ.1038)