Hemomancer ';..;'

Hemomancer ';..;'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raithe.9825

Raithe.9825

Hi all! So this is a concept build for a pve necromancer focused on applying and maintaining massive amounts of condition to one or more targets. Its all about death by Attrition, specifically bleed. If i have done my calculations correctly, this build can sustain about 20 stacks of bleed as well as constant poison to a single target with the scepter, but also has the capability to survive due to the dire stats vitality and toughness. His armor is over 2600, higher than the basic heavy armor and has sustained vitality regeneration due to the Parasitic Contagion Trait in the spite line. One downside is the lack of “pure” damage that a berserker provides, however the amount of condition damage afflicted alone is easily 3k per second after the peak bleed is attained, which can again be sustained. One last note, no other skill i know of can cause 25k damage in one hit, granted that Blood is power does this damage over 84 seconds of bleed and only does 22.5k without the additional might granted by the skill for 12 secs, but i digress. Let me know what you think!!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNArYWjc00ZbjNW3wfbiehaqiA6AoMb3ofgEIDA-TxRAABAcKAo4JAoo+AUV/ZSlg9s/wYK/CAcAsbdr7uBWe5lXe5lb3d3d3d3tUAQMNC-e

Blazing Light of The Sunbringer

Hemomancer ';..;'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

:)

You must be new

Standard condi build indeed – it has been done before

25k in one hit? That is actually nothing especially when you consider it takes 84 seconds

A nice debate on PvE DPS

Hemomancer ';..;'

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

One last note, no other skill i know of can cause 25k damage in one hit, granted that Blood is power does this damage over 84 seconds of bleed and only does 22.5k without the additional might granted by the skill for 12 secs

Duration increase in skill tooltips is calculated correctly. However, it doesn’t account for the +100% limit. Blood is Power will never tick longer than 60 seconds.
That means for your build: +55% of your bleeding duration will do absolutely nothing.
The runes and your regular condi duration already exceed the maximum, so you can drop the agony sigils and Hemophilia.

Hemomancer ';..;'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I mean, two guardians in a lupi run did 1.5 million damage in 2.8 seconds (yes it was abusing reflects), so 25k damage over 84 seconds isn’t particularly amazing.

Anyway, Condi Necro is fine for soloing, but your DPS just won’t compare in any kind of group setting unless your group is very… “special”.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Hemomancer ';..;'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I mean, two guardians in a lupi run did 1.5 million damage in 2.8 seconds (yes it was abusing reflects), so 25k damage over 84 seconds isn’t particularly amazing.

Anyway, Condi Necro is fine for soloing, but your DPS just won’t compare in any kind of group setting unless your group is very… “special”.

special as in not a single one of them has a trait that applies one of your damage conditions?

Hemomancer ';..;'

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Special as in nomads or similar.

Hemomancer ';..;'

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

3-4k dps is like a Guardian camping staff with self buffs, except the Guardian will not have to do anything for it and maintain constant damage in both single target and AoE, buff and heal allies. Of course, this is not a kittening match between professions, as power necro can deal much higher damage and help the group – relatively speaking – with providing vulnurability and spike damage too. That is not to say condition is useless, but in my opinion 3k damage isn’t or shouldn’t be a highlight of any build.

Edit: From personal experience, I can say that in PvE the average number of stacks I could have is 18-19 stacks when taking both build up and consideration. If we give generous numbers;160 dps for a bleed stack, 240 dps for a torment stack, 1000 dps for a burn and 200 dps for poison with 1k dps of power damage it makes around 6k dps. Arguably you can see this number only with max buffs where everyone else is doing atleast 3k more dps.

(edited by Pregnantman.8259)

Hemomancer ';..;'

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

One last note, no other skill i know of can cause 25k damage in one hit, granted that Blood is power does this damage over 84 seconds of bleed and only does 22.5k without the additional might granted by the skill for 12 secs

Duration increase in skill tooltips is calculated correctly. However, it doesn’t account for the +100% limit. Blood is Power will never tick longer than 60 seconds.
That means for your build: +55% of your bleeding duration will do absolutely nothing.
The runes and your regular condi duration already exceed the maximum, so you can drop the agony sigils and Hemophilia.

I just realized:
The tooltip duration when Hemophilia is traited modifies the base duration, so it multiplies the sum of your duration instead of adding another 20%, which is what it actually does in game.
So even if you could have more than +100% (which is impossible) your build would make BiP tick for 76 sec.

EDIT: scratch that. Hemophilia tooltips are even weirder than I thought.
I made a bug report here

(edited by flow.6043)